Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OldJeepGuy
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The leaders of some churches study the bible and teach from the Word. Others sway which ever way the wind blows.

Whatever it takes to fill the pews and the collection plates! Inclusiveness is all the rage these days.

No bible thumpers for this guy.

Yea,it's best to weed out the undesirables from the congregation. Isn't that the way Jesus operated?

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Right on schedule. Sad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The parable of the sowing of the seeds is a fairly concise description of how people accept or reject the word of God.

Christ was accepting of repentant sinners. Christ wasn't accepting of all, and it wasn't the wretched sinners he wanted to have around him. It was those with hearts that could accept the word of God, be repentant of their sins and open to allowing Christ to heal them. Conversely he reproached and rejected the Scribes and Pharisees not because of their knowledge of the Law, but because of their hard hearts that were not accepting of the word of God. So yes, he did weed out the undesirables, but as with most things it is the opposite of how we see it.

The word of God is wisdom to some, and foolishness to most. If one is open to the word of God, they see no reason to analyze it, interpret it, re translate it, consider relevance to social norms, contemplate cultural context, etc., ad nauseam they simply and humbly accept it. You either understand the essence of the word and except, or you find reasons to reject.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by OldJeepGuy
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The leaders of some churches study the bible and teach from the Word. Others sway which ever way the wind blows.

Whatever it takes to fill the pews and the collection plates! Inclusiveness is all the rage these days.

No bible thumpers for this guy.

Yea,it's best to weed out the undesirables from the congregation. Isn't that the way Jesus operated?

I was baptised in the catholic faith, parents choice not mine. Funny how the vast majority of bible toters I've met react with open disdain but I'm supposed to automatically accept them with open arms.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read the Word, trust the Word, and obey the Word.

I think we all will be OK if we do.

George

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Tracks
Seems that today there are so many versions of the bible floating around I don't know what are quotes and which are just some guy typing.

Excellent point. This is why I stick to the King James, whose New Testament is a translation of the Greek Textus Receptus.

1 Cor 1:10

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Well, i dont think God gave the command to not kill, as it is interpreted in the KJV, for the simple reason He commanded His people to kill other people and He is the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. I think the correct interpretations are not to commit muder and not to bear false witness against a neighbor.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Also, didnt God say for the elders to hunt down and kill a murderer? Didnt He say to buy a sword? Swords are far killing.

As far as that goes, If you chop the head off a chicken you have killed.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The parable of the sowing of the seeds is a fairly concise description of how people accept or reject the word of God.

Christ was accepting of repentant sinners. Christ wasn't accepting of all, and it wasn't the wretched sinners he wanted to have around him. It was those with hearts that could accept the word of God, be repentant of their sins and open to allowing Christ to heal them. Conversely he reproached and rejected the Scribes and Pharisees not because of their knowledge of the Law, but because of their hard hearts that were not accepting of the word of God. So yes, he did weed out the undesirables, but as with most things it is the opposite of how we see it.

The word of God is wisdom to some, and foolishness to most. If one is open to the word of God, they see no reason to analyze it, interpret it, re translate it, consider relevance to social norms, contemplate cultural context, etc., ad nauseam they simply and humbly accept it. You either understand the essence of the word and except, or you find reasons to reject.

I 100% agree with everything you say here until your last paragraph. I’m confused.

Do you have a Hebrew OT & Greek/Aramaic NT?

Do the women over whom you have federal headship wear head coverings?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Swords are far killing.

Not unless you have really long arms. grin

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Seems to me, that there is a lot of pickin and a choosin over what Bible verse is true and what is not.
Besides why should a woman cover her head when she's at a rock concert, which is suppose to pass for worship

Question: Having men only as pastors just a cultural thing?

Last edited by Gary_F; 04/21/18.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

Fantastic post!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by efw
If it’s in the Bible God cares about it. The question here is context... cultural context.

In that culture submission of the wife to the husband was expressed via the outward form of headcovering.

Does God care about womens’ headcoverings in our culture? No.

Does He care about submission of wives to husbands (and husbands to Christ ala Eph 5)? Yep.

Will such submission get a woman to heaven? No!!!!!!!!

Will a woman saved by grace consider it joy to submit to her husband? Yep.

Listen to EFW, he knows the mind of God.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gary_F
Seems to me, that there is a lot of pickin and a choosin over what Bible verse is true and what is not.
Besides why should a woman cover her head when she's at a rock concert, which is suppose to pass for worship

It's a "cultural thing" in Christ's church. 1 Timothy 2:12-14,
"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
If it’s in the Bible God cares about it. The question here is context... cultural context.

In that culture submission of the wife to the husband was expressed via the outward form of headcovering.

Does He care about submission of wives to husbands (and husbands to Christ ala Eph 5)? Yep.

If you don't mind would you document your support for this post from God's Word, please. If you can't would you mind telling us by what authority you suggest
God does not care about head coverings in our culture?

Everyday Hunter
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Yep because the difference between men & women that God is directing us toward in that rule is woven into our natures as men & women. It isn’t cultural.

A woman’s submission can take different forms (such as head covering in Corinth) but no woman can submit while fulfilling the role of overseer.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

Bro hardly. Just His Word. Really.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman

It's a "cultural thing" in Christ's church. 1 Timothy 2:12-14,
"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

And that is how Zero got elected.

So then you ask, what about the men who voted for Zero (like piddler, djs, jell0, gayghost, leeroy, northman..).?

And He said, In the latter days the men will become as women. smile You do remember about the latter days, right? Thats when evil has become good and good evil. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/21/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by efw

Yep because the difference between men & women that God is directing us toward in that rule is woven into our natures as men & women. It isn’t cultural.

A woman’s submission can take different forms (such as head covering in Corinth) but no woman can submit while fulfilling the role of overseer.

You do know that the same word that tells a woman to submit to her husband,also tells the husband to submit to his wife don't you?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Bro hardly. Just His Word. Really.

Truth. I do think His word gives a pretty good glimpse into His mind, which would lead to doing His will.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall. enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/21/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by efw

You do know that the same word that tells a woman to submit to her husband,also tells the husband to submit to his wife don't you?

Yep; in a sense. Read Eph 5. He says wives submit to their husbands husbands submit to Christ.

Do you think that if a man submits to Christ He is going to be a great husband?

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 16gage, 51 invisible), 2,983 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,631
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.