Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"by 2020" is only half a model year away. They're already making 2019s, and would have had the 2020s in final design and tooling production.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
You have to have a truck. How are you gonna haul your cshit without one,

You MUST have a 1 ton pickup to bring home a loaf of bread from Walmart.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
PLANO, Texas (March 1, 2018) – Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) today reported February 2018 sales of 182,195 vehicles, an increase of 4.5 percent from February 2017 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in February 2018 compared to February 2017, sales were up 4.5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.

Toyota division posted February sales of 162,930 units, up 4.4 percent on a volume and DSR basis.

“We’re off to an outstanding start to the year,” said Jack Hollis, group vice president and general manager, Toyota division. “Best-ever February light truck results, combined with continued strong sales of the all-new 2018 Camry, give us great momentum as we kick off our spring Ready, Set, Go! sales event.”

Lexus posted February sales of 19,265 vehicles, up 5.1 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.

“Lexus kept its momentum going with another strong month in February,” said Jeff Bracken, group vice president and general manager, Lexus division. “NX, both gas and hybrid, had its best-ever February while our LUVs also delivered another record month. We’ve now launched our all-new 5th-generation LS and LS hybrid sedans, so we expect a very strong first quarter. These new models will be followed by 10 additional new or updated models, so we’re very optimistic about the year ahead.”

February 2018 Highlights
TMNA, Toyota and Lexus divisions posted best-ever February light truck sales
Toyota division SUVs up 12.6 percent with 61,521 units sold
RAV4 posted best-ever month with sales of 29,867 units
Camry sales of 30,865, posted double-digit growth year over year
Highlander posted sales of 15,960 units
Toyota division pickups increased 15.4 percent
Tacoma sales up 18.0 percent with 16,817 units
Tundra posted sales of 7,977 units, up 10.3 percent
Lexus division LUVs up 12.3 percent, a best-ever February
NX up 21.3 percent in February, a best-ever February
RX posted monthly sales of 7,238 units, up 8.4 percent
GX sales up 16.1 percent
Lexus LS sales were up 86.4 percent

Ole Henry would be rolling in his grave. Ford simply gave up

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hard to compete with those camry's, accords, and Avalons and the other jap sedans, they make them very well ime. We don't have one, last two vehicles I bought were both Fords, 2012 Explorer and 2004 F150 (it too has the tricky spark plug thing goin for it) but my sil is a mechanic and he likes Fords, Figure if he's gonna work on my stuff, it might as well be the brand he prefers workin upon.

besides my daughter (of course his wife) drives the Explorer full time and he drives the F150, I still drive the pride of our fleet, the 99 Taco (it drives the wimmens crazy) my poor wife is stuck in a 15 Taco (a poor facsimile of my 99) I'm not sure I'm even gonna break the Porsche out this summer, guess we'll see

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If Fords were designed, engineered, and built with the same quality as Toyotas, they'd be doing just fine.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe it's because they do stupid chit like put auto start/stop on all of the Fusion sedans. I was pretty convinced I was going to buy a Fusion for my work car about a year ago until I drove one and learned that gem. Bought a Sonata instead. Not quite a year and 31K miles later and I'm absolutely satisfied with it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Had a customer tell me yesterday that he's getting ready to unload his Ford f150 because it takes a $900 tool to change spark plugs, or if you try w/o it, they break off. How can you screw up a spark plug? Leave it to Ford!
*What that bullsheit is is a company setting up it's customers for service. I've got no use for Fords, hate the company.

Someone is full of [bleep] in this story. Yea you can break one off occasionally but it is like a 40.00 tool. If you think ahead and put some penetrating oil around each plug the night before while the engine is warm most of them will come right out. Replace mine on my 07 f150 at 150000 miles still running when I sold it at 225000 miles.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Had a customer tell me yesterday that he's getting ready to unload his Ford f150 because it takes a $900 tool to change spark plugs, or if you try w/o it, they break off. How can you screw up a spark plug? Leave it to Ford!
*What that bullsheit is is a company setting up it's customers for service. I've got no use for Fords, hate the company.

You don't have to change the plugs very often in today's p/u's. Maybe once in 100k miles.

I think before I'd spend $900 for a damn tool you are gonna use once or twice, I'd just take the SOB to the dealer and let them do it for $69 tuneup special.

I think your buddy may be exaggerating the price on a spark plug tool a tad, too.

https://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools...;scid=scbplpOTC6918&sc_intid=OTC6918

You can get the tool at many auto parts stores for about $100.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They build the 67 Fairlane again they can sign me up for a 390/4speed...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What is Ford going to use at NASCAR? Today's race has all Fords in the front row.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Maybe it's because they do stupid chit like put auto start/stop on all of the Fusion sedans. I was pretty convinced I was going to buy a Fusion for my work car about a year ago until I drove one and learned that gem. Bought a Sonata instead. Not quite a year and 31K miles later and I'm absolutely satisfied with it.

I seriously believe that ALL cars will have that at some point in the future.

Right now it's not so bad because you can bypass it with a simple 5min. procedure on Youtube, or just push a button when you start the vehicle.

Once it's mandated in all cars though, I doubt it'll be that simple.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
What is Ford going to use at NASCAR? Today's race has all Fords in the front row.

Mustang starting next year:

http://www.espn.com/jayski/teams/story/_/id/18640696/nascar-manufacturer-news-ford

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've had Ford Trucks and liked them. My first good car was a mustang. I've rented some ford sedans and I wouldn't buy one. I would buy a Toyota if I was buying a car. Ford is probably smart.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ford cutting smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles from their line may play hell with their CAFE rating.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Lots of the smaller SUV's fill the role of cars, when your out compare the number late model accords you see to the number of CRV and HRVs it obvious many folks have moved over to small and midsize SUVs, They aren't more expensive than a mid size car, get reasonable gas mileage, and speaking for me I like the higher upright seating.

I work for a company where the field sales gets a Ford, for first line sales folks we get a choice of escape, flex, focus or fusion. Mangers and presidents club members get Taurus or Edges, stop at one of our offices and the parking lot is 95% Escapes and Edges. I don't know of one coworker with a Fusion or Taurus

Now I will be the first to admit ford is already out of the small car market, the Focus and Fiesta really haven't been big hits.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You don't have to change the plugs very often in today's p/u's. Maybe once in 100k miles.

I think before I'd spend $900 for a damn tool you are gonna use once or twice, I'd just take the SOB to the dealer and let them do it for $69 tuneup special.

I think your buddy may be exaggerating the price on a spark plug tool a tad, too.

https://www.tooltopia.com/otc-tools...;scid=scbplpOTC6918&sc_intid=OTC6918

You can get the tool at many auto parts stores for about $100.

The tool lists as being for 06 to date or such. My 98 has the 4.6, and is a pain to change plugs in. I didn't know there were special tools, unless you really screwed up and stripped that short thread in aluminum. It takes me 3 or 4 hours, don't even think of putting them in a hot engine, and use neversieze. I don't think any of the $69 tune ups cover it. Did they manage to make even a worse plug setup?

My Kia has plugs that require dismantling the intake and new plugs cost a lot to have done, flat rate something like 3 or 4 hours. I am sure engineers don't ever drive cars with 200000 miles.

As for sedans; as stated small SUVs and such have replaced them. Really want to have fun try to find anything less than a pickup with a frame under it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where we gonna park the behemoth? I quit taking my pickup to Seattle because all the parking places are sized for smart cars and bicycles

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i've owned hondas and now subarus for the past 20 years but in that same time frame i've driven the comparable american cars and vans from ford,dodge and chevy. there is no comparison. the japs give you more doodads, the cars stay tight for a decade or more and they don't nickle and dime you to death. other than the mandatory timing belt/water pump at around 100k on most jap cars, they are good to go for 200k and 10 years, even in this salt here in PA. they jap cars cost a bit more, but they are worth it and hold their value a lot better.

and the last several jap cars i have bought have been made in the US. so its not the manufacturing. its the design and engineering thats better.

i love my subaru outback so much that i am seriously considering going lesbo. already got the haircut and working on the tits.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is it time to load up our portfolios with Ford stock?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We have not owned a car in the past 20 + years, wife and I each get a new vehicle every 4 or 5 years.
last 20 years I've had F150, Silverado, Sierra, Expedition and now drive an Explorer. Wife's had CRV, Highlander, Equinox and currently a Terrain.
Where we live you only need 4WD or AWD 30 days a year, but when you do, you know why you drive one.
I do own one car, but I don't call my BMW Z4 a sedan. ;>)

"The older I get, the better I was"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.