Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think my computer's haunted.

Earlier today the "remember me" function that has never worked for me on another site I visit magically started working.

Now.......after trying unsuccessfully to change my avatar on here a few weeks ago it changes all by it's dam self about ten minutes ago.

I'm not sure whether to make a garlic necklace or have a pizza delivered to the local Computer Docs that installed their homegrown anti virus in this thing about a month ago.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy a lotto ticket

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That option definitely crossed my mind.

A few other things have magically fixed themselves since they installed the anti virus like my USB ports.
I thought my camera was the problem and was about to buy a new one....glad I didn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My avatar still won't change.%#$*

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like you were loading cached pages. If a change on the internet doesn't take, try Refresh so it will load an uncached page. smile

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wait a while.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
English man...speak English.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still can't get it. Whats weird is the old image is still there but resizes when I try to upload an 80x80 gif. I'll tinker a bit.

Really, for all the fun I have on this site this avatar thing is just below this little bit of a hangnail I'm developing in importance.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mine did the same thing.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. Tried to upload a never before uploaded pic from a different file on the hard drive. The old pic resized to the aspect ratio of the new pic but the old pic remains. I hate JavaScript. (This is with the latest Firefox. Didn't try other browsers tonight)

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also noticed the change password glitched, I think. Edit Profile showed my password as a big long string of dots. Changed it back to the 7 char password. Got the Updated message at the top of the screen and password was a long string of dots again. But I'm still here ant that's what counts as far as I'm concerned.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you don't run cc cleaner once a week you ought ta run it daily.

The free edition is worth every penny I pay for it.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My computer shut down yesterday. It wouldn't let me do anything. Had to get the nephew here to get it going again. Had to reinstall everything.
All my problems started when i retired my 12 year old desk top and got a lap top. I had cc cleaner on the old one but this damn thing won't wouldn't let me install it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Nope. Tried to upload a never before uploaded pic from a different file on the hard drive. The old pic resized to the aspect ratio of the new pic but the old pic remains. I hate JavaScript. (This is with the latest Firefox. Didn't try other browsers tonight)
I ran FF for years. A while back, my computer decided I needed Win 10 and FF hasn't worked since, even when I reinstalled it. I just switched to Chrome and all's well. A few weeks ago, my wife's FF quit working right on her Win 10 computer. I installed Chrome for her and it fixed the problems. Google and Microsoft must have some kind of agreement.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Google and Microsoft must have some kind of agreement.

I'll bet they do, invading your privacy and selling the information.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I installed the latest version of malwarebytes - and using firefox, some add-on I put there was using my computer for crypto-currency mining. Malwarebytes detected and shut it down but Firefox attempts to go to their site and run their javascript (which consumes your CPU to run the algorithms ) about 5 times a minute.

I went into the router software and blocked the URL so none of the computers in the house will go there.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Also noticed the change password glitched, I think. Edit Profile showed my password as a big long string of dots. Changed it back to the 7 char password. Got the Updated message at the top of the screen and password was a long string of dots again. But I'm still here ant that's what counts as far as I'm concerned.

My password does the same thing. I'm thinking there is a master password that overrides our password but at the same time our password works. Something like that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 54 invisible), 3,119 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,672
Posts18,534,185
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.