Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Once again the Pope and Young Club will be holding its Rendezvous. There are so many bowhunting related things to see and do, the link below is the best resource to learn what they all are.

Once again I will be in the vendor tent (booth 14 between the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association and HHA.)

This event is geared towards all bowhunters of all ages and genders. If you are a bowhunter or want to become a bowhunter, this is a must attend. Bring your bow and arrow as there will be several courses and opportunities to shoot. (open to all the various legal bows and arrow types). 3 fun filled days with the emphasis on bowhunting in the birth place of bowhunting (WI was the very first state to create an archery deer season and license for bowhunting and the term "Bowhunter" and "Bowhunting" were coined by Wisconsin's own Roy Case). If you are bowhunter, wish to become a bowhunter and/or support bowhunting, you are welcome to attend.

https://www.pope-young.org/rendezvous/default.asp

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/01/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Cool - what do they have for crossbow hunters?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
No, you misunderstand. This event is for bowhunters and bowhunting. Look to the Crossbow federation for them to put on an event for that sort and that weapon.

So its clear, this event is for bowhunters and bowhunting. Bows used for hunting that are drawn at the time of the attempt on game via only human effort where only human effort is used to overcome the peak weight and the draw is never locked or held.

You know........................ Bowhunting. This event will include and allow all forms of bowhunting weapons.

Pope and Young defines a bow for hunting purposes as

The Pope and Young Club has established the following standard definitions of bowhunting equipment.

I. Hunting Bow

A. A hunting bow for big game shall be a longbow, flat bow, recurve bow, compound bow or any combination of these designs meeting the following requirements and restrictions:

1. A device for launching an arrow, which derives its propulsive energy solely from the bending and recovery of two limbs.

2. The bow must be hand drawn by a single and direct, uninterrupted pulling action of the shooter. The bowstring must be moved from brace height to the full draw position by the muscle power of the shooter’s body. The energy used to propel the arrow shall not be derived from any other source such as hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical or similar devices. These limitations shall not exclude the mechanical leverage advantage provided by eccentric wheels or cams so long as the available energy stored in the bent limbs of the bow is the sole result of a single, continuous, and direct pulling effort by the shooter.

3. The bow must be hand-held. One hand shall hold the bow and the other hand draw the bowstring. The bowstring must be moved and/or held at all points in the draw cycle entirely by the muscle power of the shooter until release. The bowstring must be released as a direct and conscious action of the shooter’s either relaxing the tension of the fingers or triggering the release action of a hand-held release aid.

4. The bow shall be no shorter than 30 inches.

B. Exceptions: Physically handicapped bowhunters shall be excepted from the requirements of holding or shooting the bow with their hands.

C. Exclusions:

1. The following shall not be considered a hunting bow:

a.) A crossbow.

b.) Any device with a gun-type stock or incorporating any device or mechanism that holds the bowstring at partial or full draw without the shooter’s muscle power.

c.) Electronic or battery-powered devices shall not be attached to a hunting bow, with the exception of recording devices that cast no light towards the target and do not aid in rangefinding, sighting or shooting the bow.

d.) No portion of the bow’s riser (handle) or any track, trough, channel or other device that attaches directly to the bow’s riser shall contact, support, and/or guide the arrow from a point rearward of the bow’s brace height.

-----------

You may want to inquire with a crossbow club to see if they are putting on such an outstanding event for that sort of stocked, shoulder fired, stored energy, weapon but this event will only be for bowhunting and bowhunters and everything that goes into that great sport.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/02/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Real bowhunters only.............you mean those that have 65% let off or less bows............oh wait a minute...................

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Real bowhunters as in hunting with Bows that are drawn at the time of the attempt on game via only human effort where only human effort is used to overcome the peak weight and the draw is never locked or held.

Pretty simple stuff. One would have to try to confuse something so simple

Or they would have to struggle mentally with simple concepts. wink

Not sure where you came up with 65% (aside from ignorance of the subject matter) but its clear you have never read any P&Y material or you would see:

" Let-Off for Compound Bows: * There is no maximum let-off for a hand-held, hand-released bows. We do gather statistics on this data, therefore we state how let-off should be measured.

1. Definition of let-off: That characteristic of a bow that results in a reduction of the force necessary to increase the draw length after the highest level of draw force has been reached. This is characteristic generally associated with, but not restricted to, compound bows.

2. The maximum let-off on a compound bow shall be measured at a point in the draw cycle after the peak draw weight has been attained. It shall be measured near the end of the draw cycle where the minimum holding force is reached. This point in the draw cycle on a compound bow is known as "the bottom of the valley."

3. Determination of the percent of let-off: The values of the peak draw force and the let-off force shall be used to calculate the percent of let-off. The peak force is the maximum force obtained during the draw cycle. The let-off force is the lowest force reached following the peak force during a single uninterrupted draw cycle. In all cases, both the highest and lowest force shall be read from a scale during a single and continual pull condition, without relaxation. This technique eliminates the introduction of hysteresis, which can distort the reading.

% Let-off = 100 X [(Peak Draw Force) - (Minimum Holding Force)] / (Peak Draw Force)"

Im sure that in your head you were thinking you were making a point but it ended up not being the point you hoped to make. laugh laugh laugh laugh

Im not laughing with you.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/02/18.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its pretty simple. If you are a bowhunter, want to be come one or learn about bowhunting or support bowhunting and/or P&Y and if you are in WI on June 8-10 this would be a good event for you to attend. There will be a lot of emphasis on kids/youth archery/bowhunting since getting kids involved with the great sport of bowhunting is a very worthwhile cause. Remember, bowhunting excludes nobody.

Perhaps groups centered around other, non-bowhunting weapons will create an event like this for that weapons type and folks can attend that event if they are not into bowhunting.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
P&Y rules used to say no more that 65% letoff.
They changed it (around 2004).
IMHO they shouldn't have.
Now kindly GFY.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/02/18.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
They changed it (around 2004).
IMHO they shouldn't have.
Now kindly GFY.

Women didn't used to be able to vote too. Seems you have some catching up to do. LOL about the fact P&Y changed it 14 years ago and your just learning about now. Im glad I could educate you on the matter so you didn't maintain your current level of ignorance. Happy to have helped.

As for GFY, Yes, I agree, Good For You for taking the time to allow yourself to be educated on P&Y. wink

Let me know what other things you are stuck on that you need help with. We will get your mind right at some point.

Don't forget, the P&Y event is on June 8-10 and is open to all types of bows and bowhunters. My company will be in Booth 14. Stop by and say hi.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/03/18.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
One of the youth activities for 10 to 18 year olds. Raised At Full Draw Mini-Camp

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=134

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
One of the things to do dedicated specifically for the ladies.

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=133

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
The P&Y adventure race will put you to the test.

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=136

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
If bowfishing is your bag, there is an event for you too.

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=137

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I wouldn't want you anywhere near kids after hearing how you talk to them.....

"It's too bad they let little kids on here. Come back after you have grown up and understand how this site works. Do your parents know you are on the internet? I blame the public school system for turning out kids like you. It does not speak well for the future of this country. This was emailed to my son from the dip Retch Sweeney a.k.a. Ron Kulas. This because my son put his question on the bow hunting forum by mistake or as he said" should have been a general discussion."

"This idiot messaged my son when he asked a ? on a forum. Chewed my son a new one and calling him unethical and other stupid saying's with him asking simple Question at the age of 12."

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Additional events and activities to do while in attendance.

Themed 3D diorama shooting courses including
Predator, African, Sheep Country, Western Plains, North American Big Game and Deer/Hog Country featuring McKenzie & Rinehart targets

Long-distance shooting course

Aerial Archery - Flying disk range (trad equipment and Flu-Flu arrows)

The Iron Bear Shooting Challenge

Long Distance Shooting

Bowfishing shoot venue (sponsored by Muzzy)

Kids’ shooting area (S3DA sponsored)

Hunt/Gear auction

Bowhunting seminars

MacKenzie Center Wildlife Exhibit

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Trying to post bury the fact you F'd up.
What a douche.

Yeah, 14 yrs ago P&Y changed.
I knew the P&Y rules, before and after the change.

Just mentioned the old rule.............you know, when bowhunters were really bowhunters.

Educator? Yeah, the only thing you've taught any of us.......is that your parents failed.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Epic fail on your part. (again) You cant hide your mistake. Its ok, Im bringing you up to speed. I dealt with more ignorant folks without giving up on them.

It was pretty funny though. Even the excuse you tried to pass off. What a total dope. laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/03/18.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No mistake.
Right after the rule change I ordered my Hoyt with 65% let off.
Two reasons.
Like the feel of 65% letoff.
And the old rules were fine.

For somebody supposedly representing others, and or having a business............you really are a disgrace.

You act like a drag queen with no stage. Pathetic.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/04/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I find it funny that the idiot types post after post spending so much time to try to be accepted. Wouldn't ya take the hint and move on? For the most part, he gets much of the same from the other forums so I guess any attention is good attention. Lmao

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
No mistake.
Right after the rule change I ordered my Hoyt with 65% let off.
Two reasons.
Like the feel of 65% letoff.
And the old rules were fine.

For somebody supposedly representing others, and or having a business............you really are a disgrace.

You act like a drag queen with no stage. Pathetic.

You were talking out of your ass again and you posted

Real bowhunters only.............you mean those that have 65% let off or less bows............oh wait a minute...................

This told me you didn’t have a clue about P&Y so I informed you that you had your head up your ass (again) so I educated you (again)

Then you posted

It appears They changed it (around 2004).
IMHO they shouldn't have.......

Then you edited your comment to remove “it appears” to make it look like you knew of what I had just educated you about.

What a dope.

LOL. What a liberal Dem turd. You cant dig yourself out of this fail. Just admit the ef'd up and move along. When you hit bottom, quit digging you dope. grin grin

I represent me and none other. I'm attending a great orgs gathering and getting the word out about it. Nobody here represents P&Y.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/04/18.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hi dad, like my puppy dog nose and ears?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bigwoods
I find it funny that the idiot types post after post spending so much time to try to be accepted. Wouldn't ya take the hint and move on? For the most part, he gets much of the same from the other forums so I guess any attention is good attention. Lmao

I have always thought that Ron must be the biggest dunce/most dense person that I have ever seen on any forum. He doesn't let people join his blog because he KNOWS that it will get blown up. Must suck to go through life being a HUGE jack-wagon.

BTW....nice avatar wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi dad, like my puppy dog nose and ears?

Awwwww....very cute.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim_wi
He doesn't let people join his blog because he KNOWS that it will get blown up.

Its clear you don't know what a blog is or how one operates. A blog is not a forum.

Keeping with my theme of educating morons, it was inevitable you would get your turn. Let me know if there is anything else you are stuck on and I will educate you on that too. wink

https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/B/blog.html

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I'm also pleased you have been repeatedly visiting my blog and you even attempted to join. There is a great deal for you to learn and be educated on so by all means, continue your normal visits. Its always good to hear from regular visitor/fans. You and thousands of other visitors/fans make it all worth while. grin

But yours is the first tantrum for lack of being able to have more access and interaction to me. Pouting about not being able to join is a new one on me. You can use this forum to fill your desire to interact with me. I'm happy to grant you an audience here. What a treat that must be for you. grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sharp_things
I'm also pleased you have been repeatedly visiting my blog and you even attempted to join. There is a great deal for you to learn and be educated on so by all means, continue your normal visits. Its always good to hear from regular visitor/fans. You and thousands of other visitors/fans make it all worth while. grin

Just a FYI for you because you are so dense...I have never tried to join your blog or have been to it. I never click on any of your irrelevant links, so feel free to think you are special by posting them. Blog away you meaningless moron.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
We both know better than that. But that will be our secret. wink Your visit and attempt to join (and being denied) is only known by visitors. (like you) after they have visited. You would not be aware of what you pout about unless you have been visiting (many times, so thanks for that)

by all means, continue to scroll through and continue to enjoy the content I provide. I wont tell anybody how many times you visit. wink

You have an opportunity to actually see me in person at the P&Y event. Stop by my booth and I promise to make time for you. I can autograph items you bring (limit 3) What a treat that would be for you.

T-Bone stopped by one of my booth appearances to meet me and get his picture taken with me and to buy some product. This could be you.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We both know better than that. But that will be our secret. wink Your visit and attempt to join (and being denied) is only known by visitors. (like you) after they have visited. You would not be aware of what you pout about unless you have been visiting (many times, so thanks for that)

Wow...you are as dense as I think you are. Thanks for proving my point.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
So if you are a bowhunter or wish to be. There is a lot to see and do. All forms of bows and arrow are allowed. All bowhunters and those wanting to be a bowhunter are welcome.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Wow...you are as dense as I think you are. Thanks for proving my point.

This could be you. you don't just have to slink around my blog.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
He doesn't let people join his blog because he KNOWS that it will get blown up.

Its clear you don't know what a blog is or how one operates. A blog is not a forum.

You are right and reaffirmed how much of a dunce you are since you keep accusing me of trying to join your blog. I have never tried to join your blog or ever looked at it...nice try dunce. If I tried joining your garbage blog as you claim...post your proof here, I'd love to see it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yeah I edited my comment.
My initial statement was "it appears they changed it around 2005"
I was not sure of the exact year.
Went back and saw it was 2004 and subbed that in/changed statement.
Try to spin it as something else.

No grown person acts the way you do, unless they're a democrat/queer.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/05/18.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Knew the rule changed, not sure about year.
Bought my Hoyt Protec in 2005.......knew it was around then.
Never really worried about the exact yr..........since I dislike bows of more than 65% letoff.
The rule change didn't affect my gear choice.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
You are the typical Liberal Democrat. Spin and spin and change the story. You edited your post because I educated you on the subject matter. You can try the turn move of making up a bs story but aint nobody buying noir BS. Im just glad I could bring you up to speed on the subject matter.

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/05/18.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Says the non voter....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sorry, come from a line of strong conservatives.
Successful.
Read: no democrats.

Last edited by hookeye; 05/08/18.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Nice try. I can spot a far leaning leftist liberal Hillary supporter from 2 forties away.

You is one.

Just like you tried to trick folks into thinking you actually knew about the P&Y changes you will try to con readers into thinking you are not a lib.

We are not buying it. wink

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Nice try.

Not really.

Spin spin spin...........just like when you're on Anderson Cooper's rod.

Attention whoring with lies and delusions of grandeur.........

I hope Trump wins another term so libs like you can freak out and suicide.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Nice act. You Hillary supporters cant bluff your way out. You have been exposed. cry cry

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This outstanding event for bowhunters is fast approaching.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gonna treat the kids they way you did here in post #3? Is it really such a big deal to You?

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5440613

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Now some after dark activities added. P&Y welcomes all bowhunters and those interested in learning about bowhunting.

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=139

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Klueless,

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Pope & Young Club founded on the basis of fair & ethical hunting ?

You know, like their ads say.

confused

1. Why would they associate with you, a poacher ?

2. Why would they associate with you, who admits to "canned" hunts ?

3. Why would they associate with you, as a vendor ?

WOW +P (you've got some god awful reviews on your product, slimy salesmanship & unethical follow up)

Yeah, you almost covered them up !!!

LOL

Loser

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Damn ME'...... Say it ain't so......

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/a...ng-wisconsin-legislative-liaison-resigns

Oh ya,...
game, set, match
wink

Last edited by tndrbstr; 05/16/18.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He claims to be affiliated with all these organizations but if I were them, I'd tell him to stop. He kills their cause by running his mouth and from his jaded past. He has so many people on other websites refuse to buy anything from him after running good people in the dirt. Terrible businessman and spokesman. He is all about his own agenda and will step on his own family to try to be someone. He has me on ignore for a reason, I know too much truthful information that hurts when he thinks of his actions. Pitiful little shell of a man if you care to call him one.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Pope & Young Club founded on the basis of fair & ethical hunting ?

You know, like their ads say.

1. Why would they associate with you, a poacher ?

2. Why would they associate with you, who admits to "canned" hunts ?

3. Why would they associate with you, as a vendor ?

WOW +P (you've got some god awful reviews on your product, slimy salesmanship & unethical follow up)

Yeah, you almost covered them up !!!

You are forgiven. Since you are confused, I'm here to help you out so you don't remain totally ignorant.(I cant fix all of your issues but these I know well)

1. Ive never been accused of or cited for poaching (that was easy) I did get a deer feeding citation 6 years ago though so that might have confused you. wink

2. because I don't enter any animals from those hunts.

3. They have a vendor booth and are seeking about 50 vendors and I have been a vendor with them since they started this event. Great event too. You should check it out.

The two reviewing outlets from my online stores that customers use have only been positive. You can manufacture a false premise but it does not stand up to reality but its fun for you to play pretend. Do you dress up in a fun outfit when pretending? That would be a hoot. wink

This ends today's lesson. Now you are a little less ignorant. Let me know if I can correct you on anything else. grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/16/18.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Yeah, thats the feeding citation from 6 years ago. The texting while driving citation of the hunting world. wink

I got a couple speeding tickets too.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

C
Yeah, thats the feeding citation from 6 years ago. The texting while driving citation of the hunting world. wink

Yeah, You just keep trying to rationalize it to yourself,
I would not expect anything less from you at this point.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here are 2 reviews from just one thread on another forum....

"The only thing that needed moving was your Stay Sharp I bought from you. Went from my work bench to the garbage can. Horrible product that matches your personality."

"My experiences as well, absolute garbage just like its “inventor” or should i say copier...."

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah, You just keep trying to rationalize it to yourself,
I would not expect anything less from you at this point.

Reminds me of the phrase, "it is what it is". A simple civil citation. But I do like the fantasy world some like to dress up and play in where they spend time trying to manufacture "poaching". Im flattered by all the time they dedicate to it and me. It means a lot to me that I can occupy so much of their days. That sort of devotion is special. wink

There are people here that the ONLY posts they make on this forum are to or about me. Its as if they are standing on their tippy toes shouting, "PLEASE LOOK AT ME. PLEASE NOTICE ME. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR ATTENTION. I WANT YOU TO ACKNOWLEDGE ME."

That sort of organic fan base touches my heart and is very flattering. grin

Watch, I can summon it on command. Like a trained puppy.

Get ready, Get set....................

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/17/18.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Committing and being caught in a wildlife violation that was specificly banned prior, due to the known and confirmed existence of CWD within the state , and equating it with a "texting while driving citation of the hunting world" is asinine in the very least.
It is also a slap in the face of the very people tasked with the challenge of managing and protecting the well being of your states resources, as well as every single sportsman that chooses to play by the rules in order the help protect and preserve those same resources.

Baiting is proven to concentrate animals and aid in the spread of the prions that spread CWD. These prions can live in the soil for years and can infect deer long after the fact. Yet to you it's no worse than texting while driving or getting a speeding ticket.

You seem to have lost your prestigious liaison position over getting caught violating the game laws of your state, so apparently there were others involved that seemed to view the game law violation as abit more than a just getting speeding ticket.

You can spin it anyway you want to

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
And go.

Like clock work. wink

who's a good by? Who's a good boy?

You are................... Yes you are. wink

Who is devoted to me? You are. Yes you.

fetch me my slippers.

Que the next loyal pup.

C'mere boy.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Committing and being caught in a wildlife violation that was specificly banned prior, due to the known and confirmed existence of CWD within the state , and equating it with a "texting while driving citation of the hunting world" is asinine in the very least.
It is also a slap in the face of the very people tasked with the challenge of managing and protecting the well being of your states resources, as well as every single sportsman that chooses to play by the rules in order the help protect and preserve those same resources.

Baiting is proven to concentrate animals and aid in the spread of the prions that spread CWD. These prions can live in the soil for years and can infect deer long after the fact. Yet to you it's no worse than texting while driving or getting a speeding ticket.

You seem to have lost your prestigious liaison position over getting caught violating the game laws of your state, so apparently there were others involved that seemed to view the game law violation as abit more than a just getting speeding ticket.

You can spin it anyway you want to

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Good boy. wink

turdbuster you should make the drive to the greatest of the 50 states and attend this gathering. I think you would enjoy being exposed to bowhunters and seeing what the sport is all about.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Insinuating that I'm not familiar with bow hunting or bow hunters is simple ignorance on your behalf.
But that fact has never slowed you down before,.. So you go a girl...

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
so thats a yes. I think you will enjoy it. Plus you can meet me. What a treat that would be for you. wink

Bring a copy of my 2012 citation and I will autograph it for you and you can get a picture with me.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
TFF...
Who's the Lap Dog now?.....BITCH !!

.....C'ya
wink

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
That would be you. wink

Just watch. I got you under my spell. Your desire to have any sort of interaction with me is coming true. You wont be able to help yourself. 3.........2......1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Chop chop. I have not released you yet. One of the other fans will swoop in for my attention any minute. Watch.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
-

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
BOOM! right on command.

Just like that loyal pup. Hahahahahahahaha.

Im sure he has words of great devotion so I will just thank him. wink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lmao

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This event (open to all bowhunters and those wanting to learn more about the greatest sport on the planet) is only about a month away.

Put yourself to the test with the Adventure Race.

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=136

Or any of the many other activities taking place over 3 days of Bowhunting/archery fun.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Someone peeked.....lol

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This fantastic bowhunting event starts this Friday. This event (open to all bowhunters and those wanting to learn more about the greatest sport on the planet)

Bring out your bow and enjoy the weekend.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
THIS POPE AND YOUNG EVENT IS A GREAT EVENT !
What the heck is wrong with all of you people posting nasty crap on this post and even some other posts, This post did start out real nice with just a simple advertisement posted by Sharp Things,and then it just gets nasty. you all need a 2x4 side the head, its no wonder kids grow up nasty too with posts and replies like what are on this post,stop being keyboard tuff boys ?>>> Let`s post some positive stuff to help bowhunting and are youth hunters , why not make this Pope & Young event successful too with some great positive posts ! > I hope you all have a great safe bowhunt this fall,god bless ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Agreed. This is an outstanding bowhunting event. There are a few chronic crybabies here and anti bowhunting guys that nobody takes seriously. THey like to flap their gums but nobody pays them any attention.

So grab your bows and arrows folks, all bowhunters and bowhunting gear is welcome.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bet in a big boy bar the keyboard tuff guy`s get real guiet ,seen it many times. but back to the Pope and Young event I hope all have a great safe time ! Pete53

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
We attended the inaugural event in 2016 as a vendor and will do so again this weekend. The weather looks to be great and any time you gather bowhunters, you know its going to be a good time.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by pete53
I bet in a big boy bar the keyboard tuff guy`s get real guiet ,seen it many times. but back to the Pope and Young event I hope all have a great safe time ! Pete53

Laffin

GFY

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Plenty of big boy friends here and all respect eachother. Respect is something this toolbox lacks. You obviously have not been around enough to "enjoy" his insults. Hang around, you may get a taste of it. Here are a couple posts aimed at the dirtbag you are defending....

"It's too bad they let little kids on here. Come back after you have grown up and understand how this site works. Do your parents know you are on the internet? I blame the public school system for turning out kids like you. It does not speak well for the future of this country. This was emailed to my son from the dip Retch Sweeney a.k.a. Ron Kulas. This because my son put his question on the bow hunting forum by mistake or as he said" should have been a general discussion."

"This idiot messaged my son when he asked a ? on a forum. Chewed my son a new one and calling him unethical and other stupid saying's with him asking simple Question at the age of 12."

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Pete, you can disregard the jokers here. Roll your eyes and laugh at them. I dont think there are many bowhunters here. Its made up mainly of liberals and folks not well versed in the sport of bowhunting and P&Y. They got the whole pouting thing down to a science though. Easily dismissed they are. wink

This bowhunting event will be a smash hit and well attended. These jokers are not required for that to happen. Its as if they never existed. Poof!

Great time for bowhunters. Men, women, kids. Young and old alike. If folks enjoy the greatest sport on earth (bowhunting) in the greatest of the 50 states (WI). THen this is the place for you. Meanwhile the pouter here will pout and will go unnoticed. wink

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/04/18.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
pete53, read the quote from sharp things sent to a 12 year old kid again,..... Is this the spirit of inducting youth into the sport of bowhuting or any other outdoor activity?

"It's too bad they let little kids on here. Come back after you have grown up and understand how this site works. Do your parents know you are on the internet? I blame the public school system for turning out kids like you. It does not speak well for the future of this country. a.k.a. Ron Kulas"

If you want to be a Ball Washer for the likes of this jackass, aka sharpe things, aka diy guy, aka what ever other sock puppets this Cock Sucker has,... then I reckon that's up to you. Have at it....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Pope and Young 2018 Rendezvous Event should be a lot of fun ! enjoy it ,and be safe,Pete53

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He should've paid attention to his own kids and himself instead of worrying about everyone else. The results of his family speak volumes. Blatantly broke the law and was caught. Nothing but a hypocritical poacher.

I never said anything negative toward the P&Y event. I did say the P&Y club should cut all ties to a poacher.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Pope and Young 2018 Rendezvous Event should be a lot of fun ! enjoy it ,and be safe,Pete53

I will be a blast. I will head up state on Thursday to set up my vendor booth and will be there all 3 days. P&Y is an outstanding org. This will be the place for bowhunters in the state that was the birth place of the bowhunting season.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The P&Y club as well as the PBS needs to join the 21st century and give up the elitist attitudes. Times, equipment and laws change. Clubs need to also.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ghostman
The P&Y club as well as the PBS needs to join the 21st century and give up the elitist attitudes. Times, equipment and laws change. Clubs need to also.

LOL. No. These groups are exactly what is needed. They are a group dedicated to bowhunters and bowhunting. Other weapons types (non-bowhunting) are free to start their own groups f they like.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Needed for what.... continuation of elitist attitudes in a gold ole boys club?

The vast majority of average Joe bowhunters could care less about clubs like the P&Y Club which are run by and predominately comprised of elitists, doctors and lawyers and in a few cases the biggest violators of game laws like Jack Snow.

You can have and keep the P&Y and PBS.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks. We will and you can start your own club.

Proud elitist (that is high praise indeed)

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Ghostman

LOL!

I dont know your definition of elitist but I'm sure both would more than likely let you join.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
If he uses a human powered bow that is drawn with only human strength at the time of the attempt on game.

Boy, that sure does sound "eliteish"

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
We have been swamped here getting ready for the 3 day event on top of all the other tasks we have going on here as well as the release of the new drop away arrow rest.

Tomorrow afternoon, my son and I will head up state to set up our vendor booth.

The weather looks great.This should be a wonderful gathering of eliteists (Im really liking that word) wink

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Elitist= beau hunter.

Wipe your chin.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
High praise indeed. The venu will be packed with all manner of bowhunters and bowhunting related activities.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow...what a tool. I'm glad most real bowhunters don't actually behave like sharpthings...

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Hope to see you there. Its going to be a blast. Bring your bow (if you bow hunt)

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Today "Elitists" from all around the country will begin to arrive for this 3 day celebration of the greatest sport ever. My youngest boy and I will head up later today with our vendor booth and begin setting up.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Today "Elitists" from all around the country will begin to arrive for this 3 day celebration of the greatest sport ever. My youngest boy and I will head up later today with our vendor booth and begin setting up.

Post some pics when you get a chance. Are you going to be stuck in a vendor booth the whole time or will you be checking out some of the shoots?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Normally, Im tethered to our booth and am swamped so I dont get to take in much of the events we vend at. I check things out before and after hours. I will have some help at this event so I might get a chance to use the restroom. During the inaugural P&Y (elitists) rendezvous in 2016 I pretty much missed all the activities.

As a thank you to vendors, there is a special archery shoot tonight and a cookout. Im not sure if I will partake. Either way they place will be crawling with real bows and arrows and elitists as far as the eye can see.

America is great. Bowhunting is great. Perhaps the crossbowers will stop by to see what its all about and they will take up the sport of bowhunting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Elitists.....guess I don't make the grade because I hunt with other weapons too....

I do have a few bow kills under my belt though....;)

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Oh I hunt with other weapons as well but I make the bow and arrow my primary weapon of choice. Ive only taken 125 deer with a bow, a half dozen bear and some larger game as well as small game with a bow but I really like the term "Elitist" I think its a badge of honor and a laudable term and one other seem to strive for (ie they dont think themselves at that level yet)

I like to hunt with a homemade bow I crafted and use arrows I make with feather I turn into fletching from turkey I kill and broadheads I make myself from old saw blades.Its satisfying to kill deer and bear with that homemade gear (that make one ultra elitist) and we do these thing solely to laud it over over folks to make them feel bad or unworthy or inadequate. (or at least you would think so since they get all pissy when they learn of it)

but I also hunt with a compound bow for larger game. I dont however hunt with a crossbow as that is not bowhunting and holds no interest for me. Im sure that sort enjoys what they do and I am ok with them doing that but Im an elitist bowhunter which allows me to look down upon the crossbow with haughty derision while shaking my head and smirking in disapproval in an elitist fashion. Being a bowhunter allows me to do that. grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I dig that any critter that is 3-4 years old pretty much has a spot in “the book.” High standards for the elites. 😂

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Dropped off most of our vendor booth stuff in the vendor tent this afternoon. Then they feed all the vendors a nice meal. Got to meet some great folks. Elitist Bowhunters are just good people.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OMG you're a vendor?

That is just so awesome. Maybe you can tell us just how awesome it is?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its pretty awesome. Thanks for asking. wink

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
All set up and people are starting to arrive. I always question the Friday portion for 3 day weekend shoots since people work for a living and but it gives the vendors a chance to interface. Already this morning I picked up a new client needing design engineering, 3D printing/prototyping, life testing on a couple hunting products dos its already a win. Last time I vended here I picked up a catalog outlet that carries one of my products so these events are always a positive.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Some images from the welcome packet. The numbers of elitists is increasing. wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Some sights from my little portion of the event. Sadly I can't get out to any of the novelty shoots or the many courses.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Some sights from my little portion of the event. Sadly I can't get out to any of the novelty shoots or the many courses.

[Linked Image]

Who's sitting in the WBH booth?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its a mix. Mike, Don and Dave are there now But other directors are here.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
They are setting up for the outdoor film festival showing elitists, hunting stuff. Day one was a good time with brisk sales despite the light turnout. Looking forward to Sat and Sun. Elitists are just plain good folk. You just don't find the pissy, whining, crybabies like you do on inter web forums. Real bowhunters sharing stories about real bowhunting. grin

http://www.pope-young.org/information/news_detail.asp?news=139

[Linked Image]

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/08/18.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Wow, look, cams on what are supposed to be traditional bows !

wink

Who'd a thunk it !

Dickweed.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Your dumber than we all thought. This is not a traditional only event and never claimed to be. This a P&Y event and they allow every single type of real bowhunting gear. Wisconsin traditional archers and 3 Rivers archery had a booth right next to Hoyt compound bows. Elitists can all live in harmony but I did see many trad bows today, douche boy.

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/08/18.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Time for day 2 of the elitist event. grin

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
The theme of the day is clearly youth. WOW! this place is crawling with young archers (future bowhunting elitists) I does my heart good to see so many kids enjoying the best sport in the world. grin

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
My view from as far as I can get from my booth.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Looking forward to seeing pics of you and you youngest boy at the event.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
He worked his real job over the weekend. He only helped me set up on Thursday night. This event, my wife helped man the booth for Sat and Sun.

Normally my oldest son and business partner do the work of the company but he is entertaining out of town guests who have never met their new daughter (my first grand daughter)

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/09/18.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mmmmhmmmmm.....riiiggggghhhht. lmfao!!!

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Since you seem interested. Here I am with my oldest son and business partner at their first home.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As bad as you look there, you look even worse now. Man what the years are doing to you. All this bickering you do is taking it toll.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Tomorrow is the last day of the event. We stayed in a tiny motel in the small town of Lodi. (I love small towns and small town eateries) . So far, its been a success. Im nearly out of some items but I think we will have just enough to get us through the event. Elitists like to buy things when they are priced fairly. wink

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/09/18.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mmmmhmmmmm.....riiiggggghhhht. lmfao!!!

Exactly!!! Hahahahaha. JoKu would never go to this.....

Last edited by Jim_wi; 06/09/18.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Since you seem interested. Here I am with my oldest son and business partner at their first home.

[Linked Image]

Keep dreaming....I know your sons are not your business partners:):):)

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
"sons"????? no "Son" (singular) would be correct. I have 2 sons. Both help but Jake is the business partner and the one that helps the most but Its kind of fun that you want to pretend you know my company better than I do. What color is the sky in your world? wink

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Light sprinkles this morning. True elitists should not be bothered by wet weather. We are a hearty bunch.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Another great P&Y event is in the books. It was a success. Talked the last two days with Keith Beam (formerly of Double bull) and we agree that the P&Y event should be teamed up with the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc, annual Broadhead shoot (Nation's oldest and longest running Broadhead shoot) as a way to really turn this into a huge event. Both org's boards would need to approve but its a smashing idea.

Now its time to prep for Bow Fest up in Superior in the end of July.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
There were a great many young kids that attended this event. A lot of oldsters as well. What I think was missing were the 20 to 45 crowd but I fear many of them quit the sport of bowhunting and took up the different sport of crossbowing.

S3DA is a fantastic program for kids and families alike. Its the outdoor 3D version of NASP. These little kids are well on their way to become elitists.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Looks like it was a good time. I am sorry I had to miss it. I enjoy all kinds of shoots

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
You should have stopped by Mike.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.