Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You should get a plastic stock for rainy Mt Zirkel.

And get a Creedmoor so it'll be easier to shoot in a lightweight rifle.😀

Last edited by DollarShort; 04/21/18.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Kimber has a MOA standard

HINT....... this is NOT a guarante and will give nobody any traction with Kimbers CS

Kimber isn't "fronting" anything out of pocket in terms of a guarante here

It’s like Kimber just prints the MOA Guarantee Card and hangs it on any rifle for marketing purposes... What they should do is make the card a “Scratch Off Ticket” since it’s such a gamble buying one...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My 308 shoots just fine. Never had a sheep complain.

O
O
My new classic select .308 shoots 0.6 inch 3-shot groups at 100 yds.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Beaver10

HINT....... this is NOT a guarante and will give nobody any traction with Kimbers CS

It’s like Kimber just prints the MOA Guarantee Card and hangs it on any rifle for marketing purposes... What they should do is make the card a “Scratch Off Ticket” since it’s such a gamble buying one...😎

Lmao!.....This is true.....Hb

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Shot mine for the first time today. Kimber Hunter, 6.5cm, 100 yds with 140gd fed fusions. 4 shot group was .75”. One of the best shooting rifles I’ve ever had out of the box.

Last edited by tzone; 04/22/18.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
With today's technology in rifle manufacturing, bullet design and quality of off-the-shelf ammunition, having out-of-the-box MOA rifle accuracy is no great feat. RE: extraction, personally I'd rather shoot a push feed with M-16 extractor (Sako and Howa), which has a bullet proof track record for extraction. Only one man's opinion.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had the same experience with the same gun and caliber.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by tzone
Shot mine for the first time today. Kimber Hunter, 6.5cm, 100 yds with 140gd fed fusions. 4 shot group was .75”. One of the best shooting rifles I’ve ever had out of the box.

I also had the same experience....Same Rifle same Caliber......There will be a Few more Kimbers in my safe...

A steal at the 750..... I picked it up for.....The only Rifle in my safe I would not sell.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan

I also had the same experience....Same Rifle same Caliber......There will be a Few more Kimbers in my safe...

A steal at the 750..... I picked it up for.....The only Rifle in my safe I would not sell.

There are a few things about it I could like better but can live with.
1) the mag box lenght. 143gr ELDX are right to the max for length.
2) It's not really smooth. My M70 7x57 feeds like butter.

But those things I can work with!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had a salesman at a local shop tell me that Bergera is supplying Kimber with some barrels for their hunter line, not sure how true that is or if they put them on any other models. Might be why they stamp the box now. I am debating on getting a Kimber hunter in 280 AI or Creedmoor not sure which one I will go with.

Dont eat the big white mint!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Same rifle and Ammo as mine. Shoots well with the Fusions, sub-MOA.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10

That's funny no matter what you shoot. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by rockdoc

Great to hear so many good reports.

I am looking at a Hunter in 280AI to go with my Stainless Classic Select in the same chambering.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by rockdoc

Great to hear so many good reports.

I am looking at a Hunter in 280AI to go with my Stainless Classic Select in the same chambering.

Sounds like a great choice. I wish they would reintroduce the stainless classics, I’d definitely buy one in 280 AI. When you get ready to sell yours, let me know.

Thanks,
Craig

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I bought an84 classic in 7/08 from Gander Mnt. a few years back. It shot groups the size and shape of a football turned sideways. Didn't seem to matter what load I used.I took it back to GM.They sent it back to Kimber. Kimber shot it some and then rebarreled for me. Now it shoots. So as best I can tell they stand behind them.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
They had some bad 260 and 7mm barrels years ago. To the point that they stopped making them for a while.

Capt Craig . . . I can't see parting with it, but I'll keep you in mind.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah a buddy of mine learned the hard way on a Montana in 7mm-08 a few years back, that rifle shot pitifully...Kimber did not rebarrel his rifle, they just sent it back and said it shot within spec 🤗......I was not aware that Kimber quit making them for a while.......Hb

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yeah, there was a few years where they pulled the 7-08 altogether. Lots of moaning about that.

And I don't think they ever made another 260. Just went 6.5CM at that point.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Yeah, there was a few years where they pulled the 7-08 altogether. Lots of moaning about that.

And I don't think they ever made another 260. Just went 6.5CM at that point.

I had a 260 Montana I bought second hand, few shots through it. Bedded it after having it cerakoted and it shot about 0.7” with some lively 129gn SST loads and H4350.

Like a fool I sold it when rationalizing my collection..... regretted it almost instantly. Bought a Hunter in 6.5CM as a new Monatana is over $1000 dearer here in Aus. Happy with the Hunter but I still miss the 260. But factory CM Ammo is much more widely available here and a wider range and cheaper than the 260.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,099
Posts18,483,079
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.