Print Thread
Hop To
#12848690 05/08/18
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Just picked one up. Has anyone had any experience with one yet? Opinions?

I was able to shoot a couple mags through it today. The serrations on the slide are nice and deep and should come in handy if your hands are sweaty or wet. The grip is very tactile and the small rear strap works for me. I like the chamber indicator shows a small sliver of orange but doesn’t look tacky like some of the cheap handguns. I am fond of the orange/red magazine follower as well. I didn’t shoot from very far, most being 7-10 yards but it grouped nicely. I was able to hit the steel at 50 yards pretty easily. The trigger reset is great! This is probably my favorite feature of the gun.

There are a couple things I didn’t care for such as the slide release was super stiff. I think/hope it will get better over time. The same goes for the magazine release. I like that it is ambidextrous but mine required a significant amount of force.

Not sure that it will take the place of my G19 but it is a contender.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I picked one up a week or so ago.

I pretty much echo your thoughts so far. I've got around 525 through it. It's not bobbled and shoots well. I was hitting left with it at first but seem to be getting better with more shots falling near center.

Mine was stiff as well to begin with but is loosening up nicely. I run the mag release a couple hundred times a night while plopped on the couch. I make sure to split it between both sides.

Great gun so far for me.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Loving this gun.

Not sure on the exact round count. Somewheres north of 1500.

Just put xs standard dot 24-7 sights on it this weekend.

Awesome gun. Everything is still loosening up. Mag release, slide stop etc.

Highly recommend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's the very excellent striker fired semi auto I just can't like. I know it's a good gun, can't quite put my finger on why I don't care for it. It's just not for me, I'll take my S&W M2.0 Compact and Gen 4 G19 instead of the CZ.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've had mine for quite awhile now----like everything about it except the trigger is "glitchy"…..i.e support hand only shooting is difficult and when I purposely put side ways pressure on the trigger, it locks up……under ideal, two-hand grip with unobstructed trigger pull, it's fine. I loaned mine to John Farnam a couple of months ago and it sounds like he took some serious liberties with my generosity :-) ….below are his comments from his weekly digiquips:

18 Apr 18

Carry Pistols:

I just acquired a copy of the CZ P10C, which I plan on carrying (concealed) for the next few months, maybe longer.

The P10C is CZ’s version of the G19

It’s a nice pistol! Right size for concealed carry (for people of appropriate stature and hand-size) and very well made.

I shot a copy in January at the SHOT Show, and liked it. Price is competitive, so they’re selling well in the currently crowded market of eligible, serious pistols.

I’m right-handed and usually carry concealed pistols, frequently in Comp-Tac IWB holsters, on my right side, just to the rear of my iliac. But, what follows below applies to appendix carry as well.

“Ambidexterity” some pistol-makers regard as necessary as they aspire to be “modern and trendy.” But, important controls on the right side (outside) of the pistol as it is carried on the waist, are a bad idea!

Important controls like manual safety levers and magazine-release buttons should not be exposed to the outside.

When these two important controls face to the outside as the pistol is carried, unhappy outcomes are likely!

Of course, the CZ P10C doesn’t have a manual safety lever, but it does “feature” magazine-release buttons (in the conventional position) on both sides of the pistol.

The problem is this:

When I get knocked on my fanny and land hard on my right side, the impact may release the magazine, so that when I recover and draw my pistol, I discover to my chagrin that I’m holding a one-shooter!

Design engineers and marketing people (most of whom don’t even own a gun, much less carry one) apparently don’t think about eventualities like that!

So, I asked my gunsmith to do this to my P10C in order to get it ready for me to carry it on a daily basis:

1) With his grinder, he reduced the magazine-release button on the right side of the pistol to the point where it is
non-functional.

2) He also got rid of the slide-lock lever on the right side of the pistol. I don’t use it, and I don’t want it there!

3) He rounded-off the trigger-guard, making a smooth profile and getting rid of the “hump.”

Some manufacturers are attracted to “square” trigger-guards (some even with “humps,” like the P10C), because some competitive shooters employ a grip where there support-side index finger wraps around the front of the trigger-guard.

That grip may “work” when shooting play guns and play ammunition.

But, with real guns and high-performance ammunition, the finger doesn’t stay there under recoil.

In addition, a finger wrapped-around the front of the trigger-guard pulls the front sight down and out of sight.

Thus, for serious shooting, and training for serious shooting, the “finger-wrap” technique is not recommended.

Though it does not apply to the CZ, a manual safety lever on the outside as the pistol is carried, is easily, inadvertently brushed to the “off” position, during normal activity, without the gun-carrier being aware.

Thus, not recommended!

Though I don’t like my name involved, my gunsmith is incorrigible is describing the foregoing at the “Farnam Treatment.”

My gunsmith performed all the surgery described in a single afternoon, and charged me $30.00.

Operators who carry on a daily bases need to think these things through thoroughly, even when gun-manufacturers don’t!

/John

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's one of the absolute best striker fired pistols out there. I thought it was a good deal better than the G19, until I test drove a 5th gen G19 (Glock finally did a proper trigger, and it's GOOD). Now honestly, it's pretty much a toss up. Both are stone reliable, both accurate, both have downright decent triggers. I'm a CZ fan boy, so I would probably pick the CZ over the G5 G19, but OMG it's a tough call now. The 5th Gen 19 seriously raised the game with the excellent trigger and interchangeable backstraps.

I have the CZ P07 (traditional DA polymer pistol) which has been absolutely outstanding. I think the P10 is ever better.

ETA - CZ smartly made both the P07 & P10 so they fit in a G19 holster...SMART. That means, your holster options are pretty much EVERYTHING!!

Last edited by GunGeek; 07/02/18.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (300_savage, AB2506, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 6mmbrfan, 13 invisible), 1,212 guests, and 658 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,224
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.