Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My baby sister was a two time all American college softball player. She set and then broke the HR record at both of the schools she attended as well as the batting average record at the second school. Pitched and played outfield when not pitching. Sadly I was busy with life several thousand miles away and never got the chance to watch her play. She is 5’6” and never weighed more than 135lb btw.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
As far as coaching goes, a good coach plays the best player at any given position. If he doesn't, then he's not a good coach. You'll see many coaches playing not the best players, but politics in High School and Rec Ball. Travel Ball too. They aren't good coaches. They may be good politicians, but they're not good coaches..

That's about the only thing you've ever posted that I agree with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Results counts more than appearance. At least among rational men, anyway.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You would have no better chance hitting a ball thrown by a hot chick than you would a ball thrown by a not hot chick.

Mic drop. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Hanco is looking for an ‘s’, if you’ve got an extra one.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Hanco is looking for an ‘s’, if you’ve got an extra one.

Touche', Young Ingwe.

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 05/13/18.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You would have no better chance hitting a ball thrown by a hot chick than you would a ball thrown by a not hot chick.

Hot Chick Pitcher I wouldn't be paying attention to the ball as much.....just saying.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I remember correctly didn't OrangeOkie's daughter get a softball scholarship with Oklahoma State University.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have watched softball and played mens fast pitch softball in the early 80's if you can hit you will play.

Callin Varmints
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Catchers are very under appreciated. People don't see what all a good catcher does. Or they don't understand it.
A good catcher makes a pitcher look better than she is. And makes her job easier. And helps mentally keep her in the game.

Our neighbor girl is a Freshman in HS. She is a catcher. She has been visiting Colleges for over a year already and has signed a letter of intent with Wichita State- AS A FRESHMAN in HS. That is Crazy
I can't even begin to guess how much money they have put into softball. They are gone almost every weekend year round. If it ins't a travelling team , it is a clinic.

They have a practice diamond in the back yard and they added a 20 x 60 ft room on to their barn for a pitching machine.

When they first put it in, for the life of me I, couldn't figure out what that thump was every 10 sec. LOL

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes some parents pour so much money into their kids sports that the money spent equals or exceeds the scholarship, we never saw the sense in that. We confined our travel to the states surrounding where we live and both girls secured scholarships from in state colleges. From HS on they played pretty much year 'round, did conditioning in the off-season and had batting lessons for several years. Hitting is the key to playing so a batting coach is key to a player's success, we were fortunate to find one that had Olympic coaching experience. The results pretty much speak for themselves, besides their weekly hour with the batting coach I worked with them feeding the pitching machine for an additional hour or so each week to keep them sharp.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What states allow 7th graders to play high school varsity?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is all well and good I suppose, but I grew up playing REAL Soft ball. 16 inch softball. no gloves, bare hands. Start each game with a brand new 16 inch "Clincher" 12 inch is for girls and sissies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Yes some parents pour so much money into their kids sports that the money spent equals or exceeds the scholarship, we never saw the sense in that. We confined our travel to the states surrounding where we live and both girls secured scholarships from in state colleges. From HS on they played pretty much year 'round, did conditioning in the off-season and had batting lessons for several years. Hitting is the key to playing so a batting coach is key to a player's success, we were fortunate to find one that had Olympic coaching experience. The results pretty much speak for themselves, besides their weekly hour with the batting coach I worked with them feeding the pitching machine for an additional hour or so each week to keep them sharp.

I think what it is called is Living Vicariously through your child. For all the pretend hero that the parents never got to be.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats OO. I wish her all the best!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 21 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,208
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.