Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a friend who inquired where he could have his "Pre-11" Remington semiauto shotgun inspected, cleaned and serviced. This gun is a clone of the Browning A5, and I think this one was manufactured before 1910. The S/N is 45888 if anyone happens to know. Any references for a good 'smith out there? Thanks.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is a great gun store located in an old gas station down in Rock Hill just off of I-85 that has done great work for me in the past. They had a lot of billboards along the interstate. I can’t remember the name of the store but perhaps another member will know it. Hope this helps.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
That helps, thanks.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
We believe Blackhunter is speaking of Nichols Store. It is actually off I77, in southern Rock Hill.

Give Chip Allman a shout. He owns Hal’s Gunand Pawn, in Concord, N.C.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wilkeshunter you are right. Thanks. It is Nichols off of I-77.

Last edited by BlackHunter; 05/15/18.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BlackHunter
There is a great gun store located in an old gas station down in Rock Hill just off of I-85 that has done great work for me in the past. They had a lot of billboards along the interstate. I can’t remember the name of the store but perhaps another member will know it. Hope this helps.

I77 and its called Nichols Store but i’ve never used their gunsmith before.

Check out The Sportsman which is about 10 miles northwest of Nichols Store. Ray is the gunsmith and he is first class. He only works a couple of days a week now and he has an apprentice taking over. Ray has done just about everything short of build me a rifle from scratch (he does that too, just hasn’t done it for me) and he always aims to please. So far his young apprentice takes the same approach

In Charlotte proper most of the gun stores are either tactical (Blackstone), crooked (Hyatt) or arrogant (Carolina sporting arms)

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
[quote=BlackHunter)

In Charlotte proper most of the gun stores are either tactical (Blackstone), crooked (Hyatt) or arrogant (Carolina sporting arms)

Well stated...

Last edited by RJC58; 05/16/18.
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks very much everyone. I'll pass it along.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Check out The Sportsman which is about 10 miles northwest of Nichols Store. Ray is the gunsmith and he is first class. He only works a couple of days a week now and he has an apprentice taking over. Ray has done just about everything short of build me a rifle from scratch (he does that too, just hasn’t done it for me) and he always aims to please. So far his young apprentice takes the same approach

LOL how true.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

LOL how true.

sad but true

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,937
Posts18,498,866
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.