Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The occasion was a speeding ticket, 15 over the limit on an interstate through town.

No complaints, my last ticket might have been 20 years ago, on that same stretch of road, I drive cars like I used to drive motorcycles, I figure I had qualified for about another 10,000 speeding tickets for 15 over the limit and more during those two decades but didn't get caught grin

What is interesting is the reaction of the two Cops at these separate stops when they learned I had a CHL. Officer #1, twenty years back, became visibly tense, asked me to hand him the gun (it was in a case), and then wanted to know why I felt it was necessary to bring a gun with me.

Today I wasn't carrying, I was on my way to work, the 1830's period clothes in the setting I am working over the summer don't particularly lend themselves to concealed carry and I don't like leaving guns in parked cars all day long.

Officer #2's reaction when I told him I DIDN'T have my handgun with me today?

He told me that if I had a CHL I SHOULD be carrying, to protect myself and others, because you never knew when a bad situation could come up.

A young Cop telling me this yet.

Thank you Officer Lopez, you are a credit to the SAPD cool

I guess I coulda berated him for not catching me sooner, at the time I told him I appreciated his outlook.

I still got the ticket tho.... defensive driving course anyone?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have had friendly advise on how fast to drive. I watch myself in that small town now.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
First time ever somebody today noticed I was carrying...she was a pretty high society type, but handled the concept well and referred to it as a "weapon"..so I figured she was OK grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
still some good men out there.

love that cops attitude.

and the lady that ingwe ran into as well.

gives me the warm fuzzies to know good men are packing heat

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
15 over is rude.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Tho it had been awhile I knew the drill: I drove about a half mile at moderate speed in the slow lane with the lit up Cop car (actually Cop SUV) on my tail and pulled off at the next exit ramp to a quiet location out of traffic, turned off the motor, wound down the window, both hands in sight with license.

Officer Lopez in turn politely observed that I was indeed just running with prevailing traffic speeds, didn't cite me for the non-working brake light I didn't know about, and wrote me up for 15 over when it had actually been like 20.

I'm looking at about $150 in defensive driving class fees and court costs, $hit happens, especially at 20 over the limit. I just got careless is all.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
15 over is rude.

You just passed up on a golden opportunity, you coulda got speeding tickets in like eight different States.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
15 over is rude.

Drive 25 under on I80 and folks are not impressed with your gas milage.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It may have put officer #1 at ease to know the reason you were sweating profusely was because your air conditioning was broke.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya don't sweat so much naked wink

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DryPowder
15 over is rude.

Drive 25 under on I80 and folks are not impressed with your gas milage.

25 under is dangerous.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks to Officer Lopez for making us look good; Thanks to Mike for telling us.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m glad you got a ticket. Thanks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
15 over is rude.
And irresponsible and dangerous to other drivers. Fuggin dypshyt should know better at his age. Obviously too irresponsible to be trusted with a CHL.

Last edited by Blackheart; 06/15/18.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
First time ever somebody today noticed I was carrying...she was a pretty high society type, but handled the concept well and referred to it as a "weapon"..so I figured she was OK grin

Sorry, Poobs. Many women have have commented on my weapon.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
15 over is rude.
And irresponsible and dangerous to other drivers. Fuggin dypshyt should know better at his age. Obviously too irresponsible to be trusted with a CHL.

The Cop on the scene apparently disagreed.

Have ya driven in Texas much? Not saying I’m right, just wondering.

5-10 over the limit around here and you’re tying up traffic for those behind.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by ingwe

Sorry, Poobs. Many women have have commented on my weapon.

Please, talking about one’s love life on a public forum is just so gauche.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Speed limits are set for a reason. Twenty over is grossly irresposible and will likely get your license pulled, your car impounded and a free ride to see the judge around here. Which is as it should be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spent many years on the road, it’s a pleasant expierence to run into a good cop. Most of them are pricks.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Speed limits are set for a reason. Twenty over is grossly irresposible and will likely get your license pulled, your car impounded and a free ride to see the judge around here. Which is as it should be.

Speed limits are set for a reason...revenue.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 10 invisible), 1,022 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,126
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.