Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
they tell us there's A, B, O, & AB blood. some positive, some negative. which bloodtypes hold the most rh negative? and why?

this has always been an interesting subject, and while i've never had a transfusion, i lost a bit of blood from a long ago gun shot misfortune.

they told me i was 0+. i suppose that's a good thing?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It all depends on which species of dinosaur you’ve evolved from.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
and what does a rhesus monkey have to do with it, if it's all about dinosaurs.

birds lay eggs, does that mean they're closer to the dinosaurs?

is rh negative only a trait of humans, or other animals?

somehow all [bleep] are the same?

damn, the editor caught [bleep].

ok, generic monkeys.

c-h-i-m-p-a-n-z-e.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Read this:

RH

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Read this:

RH

thanks for the link, i think.

looks like americans are about 85% rh positive according to the article.

i suppose that's why blood tests are required before marriage?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was an RH-factor baby, nearly died at birth. That was 1963, we’ve come a long way.

Three total volume replacements (not to be confused with transfusions, you should see my heels, even now) and one Last Rites (aka Annointing of the Sick, if you want to get picky about it) later, I made it.

Mom was RH-. I wasn’t.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I was an RH-factor baby, nearly died at birth. That was 1963, we’ve come a long way.

Three total volume replacements (not to be confused with transfusions, you should see my heels, even now) and one Last Rites (aka Annointing of the Sick, if you want to get picky about it) later, I made it.

Mom was RH-. I wasn’t. P

Understand, you were born under a lucky star. Those were double volume transfusions, that is, they actually replaced twice your circulating blood volume with donor packed red blood cells reconstituted with donor plasma. Your heals were hamburger due to the need to constantly monitor lab work such as hematocrit, electrolytes, including calcium, and blood glucose. The problem was that your blood was carrying antibodies from mom that were attacking your red blood cells causing them to breakdown. Each transfusion reduced the amount of antibodies attacking your blood cells. These transfusions did not completely remove these antibodies but reduced them to a level at which your bodies production of red blood cells could maintain a level which were not life threatening. Eventually the antibodies would breakdown and no longer be a problem. Used to be called erythroblastosis fetalis now simply called Rh incompatibility.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm type "O" but I don't know if it's positive or negative. The dog tags Uncle Sam made for me in late 1969 just say "O" for blood type but don't specify anything else. Just out of curiosity I'm gonna ask my doctor about it next month at my next appointment.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Read this:

RH

thanks for the link, i think.

looks like americans are about 85% rh positive according to the article.

i suppose that's why blood tests are required before marriage?

That's to check for syphilis.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you were to need a transfusion and they didn't know your blood type they would give you O neg blood considered to be the universal donor. If plasma was needed it would be type AB pos the universal plasma donor.

Ed

IC B3

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
yes, i think my 1970 version of dog tags just indicated type 0. i guess that was enough, given the circumstances.

i think mine is 0+. but the whole thingy about rh negative is pretty strange, or at least a question.

i wonder what the experts and scientists have to say in terms of understanding?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gus

There are over 50 different ways to type blood. The most important are the ABO and Rh. It is based on the presence or absence of certain antigens on the red blood cell (RBC). Type O means there is no Antigen A or Antigen B on the RBC. Type A means there is Antigen A on the RBC and Type B has Antigen B on the RBC. This means that the plasma from a type O person has the anti A and anti B antibodies, these would attack type A and/or type B RBC's. A type A person has anti B antibodies and a type B person has anti A antibodies. Thus type O is the universal donor type because a type A or a type B person can accept the type O blood because it has no anti A or anti B antigen for the antibodies to attack. A person that has type AB has plasma that has no Anti A or anti B antibodies otherwise they would attack that persons own blood. Now that brings us to the Rh factor which works the same way a RBC that has the Rh antigen is considered + and the lack of the antigen is -. The plasma of a Rh + person has no Rh antibodies the plasma of a Rh - person has anti Rh antibodies. Again Type O- is the universal donor because it has no antigen for antibodies to attack. Thus plasma that is AB+ has no anti A, anti B, or anti Rh antibodies that can attack the RBC's and can be given to any one. Hope this helps.

Ed

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
there's people out there who understands all these "minor" details, and ediosnycrancies. that is, there's a ton of technical stuff involved. and i don't really understand hardly any of it, even at the layman's level. i'm glad there's folks who walk with us understands, and knows how best to practice the science.

so, where did these variance come from, how did they arise? was it a form of evolution? sounds like it was?

i readily admit i'm a dummy when it comes to this sort of required detail to best understand.

but what were the evolutionary variances that allowed such a shift, or change in rh factors?

asians & africans aren't much affected, but others might be more so? if so, then why?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
B-Negative is a pessimist's Blood Type.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by P_Weed
B-Negative is a pessimist's Blood Type.

Guessing that is why mine is B+.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My sweet wife is O negative. I tell her that’s because she was born a yankee from New York City.

It’s the truth, but how she turned out as beautiful, inside and out, is beyond me.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
B-negative is a very rare blood type

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IIRC , O +

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not a single idea.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m O+ too

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,700
Posts18,494,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.