-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Back in 2015 I was elk hunting in the little belts of MT. The same day I shot a bull, I also found some binocs on my way out. For some reason I've decided to try and find the owner.
All I will say is they're not cheapies and I suspect the guy was on horse. Send PM with what they are and where about you lost em if your missing a pair. Or text me.
Nathan

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very cool!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lost a set a while back but not in Montana. Lost mine on the breaks of the Grande Ronde river in NE Oregon

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'll be damned - it just happens I lost a pair of upper end binos elk hunting here in Montana in 2015. Would love to help you out, but in all honesty, I wasn't in the Little Belts and I found my Zeiss 10x40 Classics after the season ended and I'd already replaced them. They were buried in my safe all season...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ndhunterman: If those binoculars are of the Zeiss brand then contact Zeiss America.
A few years back I found a set of saddlebags in the road here in SW Montana. Amongst many other things in the saddlebags were a set of Zeiss binoculars.
The Zeiss folks register their owners by serial number and I eventually learned of this and contacted them - I asked Zeiss to contact the owner and give him my phone number.
The owner of the Zeiss binoculars and the rest of the gear was most appreciative of my efforts - it solved an insurance problem he was having.
Sadly the saddlebags had been run over and the Zeiss binoculars were in need of repair - but again the insurance claim was then able to be finished.
Good luck in finding the owner.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Correction, it was 2014...time files apparently. # 3kidsunder5

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Contact the manufacturer with the serial number to see if they've been registered. Might be a start.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Did you happen to find a range finder in the snowies? I lost one about that time when bringing an elk out to surenough road.
K

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lost my Swarovski's out the back of the pick up when the topper opened up. The guns were the next up ready to go out when we stopped for gas in Colorado Springs. Okay, we had four quartered elk underneath all the stuff and we were loaded heavy, but Gary should have tied down that door. Those binos were in my pack along with other stuff including my check book. I was flying home out of Denver and when I got home the phone rang and a Colorado guy was asking if I'd lost my pack? Great news, but he said that the binos were in bad shape and that he would UPS my pack back to me. It sure renewed my faith in some people. Dropping a pack at 65 mph on the highway was bad enough, but we were pulling five horses in a tandem trailer that that ran over the pack too! Yeah those binos WERE in bad shape, but they had a lifetime guarantee so I sent them back to Swarovski in Rhode Island because I had "dropped" them. They said that they couldn't fix them which was what I expected... But, they said that they would send them back to the factory in Austria. A couple months later I got my binos back repaired even better than new N/C(!) along with a letter written in Austrian that I wish that I have kept full of exclamation marks!!! That is some great customer service.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Did you happen to find a range finder in the snowies? I lost one about that time when bringing an elk out to surenough road.
K

Nope, never hunted the snowies. Found these binocs laying by a trail a few miles in...

Last edited by ndhunterman; 06/09/18.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck with your quest, sir. My wife and I find some pleasure in finding family bibles, and military medals, and finding the families of those items, and seeing if they would like them back. We have returned thousands of items so far, including Freeman papers, indenturment papers, family photos, and such.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Best of luck on your search.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Another good reason not to buy expensive chit... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I found a set in the road two years ago. The owner was proud to get them back.

B
B
I was hunting in 1992 and one of the guides had a sweet pair of Steiner binocs. Seemed expensive for this particular cowboy. Asked him about them. He said he climbed up a mountain to glass from a rock ledge, and found them resting there. This was three hours in on a 4WD, and then another six hours in on horseback in the Selway Bitteroot Wilderness area in Idaho. He was putting them to good use. Only saw one person the whole week who was not in our party. I hear now the high country hunting sucks as the Elk calves get all eaten by wolves.

Last edited by bosshoff; 06/17/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A couple friends of mine were hunting Elk up above Gardiner MT a few years back, and found some very expensive binocs, and other gear including a Weatherby rifle. The great find was short lived due to finding the owner dead nearby.

Ken

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'd rather die elk hunting than most other places...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Ouch. Although far worse ways to go

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 31 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,620
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.