-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What are the options for funding public schools, roads, bridges, ditches and drainage, and parks if property taxes are eliminated?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
What are the options for funding public schools, roads, bridges, ditches and drainage, and parks if property taxes are eliminated?

Sales tax. You see, that way everyone contributes. It would give people more ownership.

Personally, people shouldn't be getting EIC etc for kids. If they are getting money back and have kids in school, that money goes to the schools.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IRS are pussies compared to the KOMMIEFORNIA Franchise Tax Board. Them somebitches are ruthless.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Sales taxes for the states and counties, and tariffs for the Federal Government.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And It was AlGore that cast the tiebreaker vote in the Senate that passed the bill.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
As if the foregoing problems were not bad enough, that thieving bastard, LBJ, decided to tax the tax you had to pay!!

Jim

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PS Even by the words of the Amendment, income was deemed by our Courts to refer only to profit/gain, not to mere wages. Wages aren't income. If wages were meant to be taxable, so would a business owner's gross earnings, but only a business owner's net earnings are taxable as income. Since a wage earner's salary always exactly equals his gross earnings, with zero net (the value of one's wages equals exactly the value of one's labor investment), none of his salary is taxable as income, and this was the ruling of the US Supreme Court.

At a certain point, the Federal Government just decided to ignore these accepted definitions so as to implement the Marxist system we have today, where one's wages belong to the government , ab initio, and then the government determines how much of it you will need to support yourself, similar to the system in the Old South where black slaves were put to work on jobs in town ... his owner received the salary form the employer, and then paid the slave enough from it only to support himself (so he could pay for rent, food, etc..).

I guess I'm not smart enough to understand your post. My gross profits are figured before expenses. So I need to be taxed on my gross? You've never been in business, I can tell.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cost me over $200 a month to live in a house that's fully paid for. Then there's the 50 cents per gallon fuel tax, Between taxes and insurance there's not much in discretionary funds left.

Try $24.66 a DAY in property taxes alone. When I do retire we will have no choice but to sell if I can't get out of this state before then.

Not far behind you here in TX... sucks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

I guess I'm not smart enough to understand your post. My gross profits are figured before expenses. So I need to be taxed on my gross? You've never been in business, I can tell.

You aren't taxed based on total sales, but only on profits. You deduct the wholesale price that you paid for your inventory, plus other business expenses (salaries paid to employees, rent, etc.). After all that, you arrive at your net income, based on which you calculate income taxes due.

"Income" is only that which is received above your investment in labor, money, and/or materials. Under traditionally accepted definitions (upheld by the US Supreme Court), wage earners have no "income," since they are paid a salary exactly equal to the value of their labor (one's wages are mere compensation, not income), thus wages are not taxable. The Feds believed that the Sixteenth Amendment altered this state of US law such that they could begin to tax wages, but there is no basis for this belief, since the amendment still only refers to "income," which the Supreme Court already defined in previous decisions to exclude wages.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
All valid points and apparently we agree the IRA sucks. My beef stems from the IRS taxing my SS after I took money from my investments, that BTW I worked hard and saved over 41 yrs., and this put us in a higher tax bracket. Now, I took some funds to purchase a new truck to avoid having to finance. Our money, not the governments. This put us n a higher tax bracket that essentially made us pay $$$$ over and above our normal tax liability. We will cope, be just fine, but very aggravated to have to continue paying taxes upon taxes upon taxes. My rant. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lots of $$ in the details...2017 Federal Budget

One of the best non-profit organizations with factual reporting on the federal budget is Taxpayers For Common Sense

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I.R.S.

I

Rob

&

Steal

FSTF
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You aren't taxed based on total sales, but only on profits. You deduct the wholesale price that you paid for your inventory, plus other business expenses (salaries paid to employees, rent, etc.). After all that, you arrive at your net income, based on which you calculate income taxes due.

"Income" is only that which is received above your investment in labor, money, and/or materials. Under traditionally accepted definitions (upheld by the US Supreme Court), wage earners have no "income," since they are paid a salary exactly equal to the value of their labor, thus their wages are not taxable. The Feds believed that the Sixteenth Amendment altered this such that they could indeed tax wages, but there is no basis for this belief, since it still only refers to income, which the Supreme Court already defined in previous decisions to exclude wages.

I do understand my "business" income. What the "ell the difference of wages. My corp. taxes are much higher than wage taxes.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I do understand my "business" income. What the "ell the difference of wages. My corp. taxes are much higher than wage taxes.

Wage taxes should be zero, since they constitute mere compensation, not income as income has been repeatedly defined by the US Supreme Court. Income is defined as gain above cost. A wage earner only has gain above cost if he takes excess wages (above what he uses to sustain himself and family) and invests it, earning a profit on his investment. That profit is taxable income.

If wage earners were courageous, they would report zero income from their wages on their tax returns. Sadly, they'd likely be arrested and sent to prison for doing that, even though they'd have the law on their side.

PS Earned wages are precisely corollary to a business owner who has reported zero income on his tax return due to a bad year where the sum of his receipts exactly equaled his business expenses for the year.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If it's not too late, just don't let your parents pass away in one of the states that has a state inheritance tax, what a PITA! In Washington it takes up to 16 months to process the return of the estate....

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MTGunner: Be careful, VERY CAREFUL who you vote for!
You are learning a valuable lesson - remember that in the good ole U.S. of A. that NOTHING is inevitable except death and taxes.
If the demonrats and liberal Republicans kept getting re-elected to office then we are going to be taxed to the maximum on everything we do, buy, sell and bequeath!
Sad.
Friggin liberals never tire of spending other peoples money!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Gas tax for roads

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
PropertyTax pisses me off to no end, along with inheritance tax, but property even more.

Inheritance taxes angers me more. There is no good reason to tax that. At least property tax pays for things that are related to property, like school systems, medical and fire, police protections etc. I can see a tie to property from that. Inheritance does not cause any additional costs to the government and has already been taxed once, or will be taxed when withdrawn from the account, etc. It should not be taxed again, that is just redistribution.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Contrary to popular propagandized opinion, taxes are NOT inevitable. What is inevitable, though, is that there will be dumb asses who believe that taxes are inevitable, and there will be other dumb asses who think that it is right and good to collect those taxes at gunpoint through threat of violence. Many here on the fire hold that second group in high esteem. I revile them. Governments can write whatever edicts they want. It is the POS order-following enforcers who ensure we are either slaves or dead.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Irwin Schiff died in Federal Prison, even though he was 100% correct on the law.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,578
Posts18,473,324
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.