Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Enjoying full-fat milk, yogurt, cheese and butter is unlikely to send people to an early grave, according to new research by The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).

The study, published today in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, found no significant link between dairy fats and cause of death or, more specifically, heart disease and stroke – two of the country’s biggest killers often associated with a diet high in saturated fat. In fact, certain types of dairy fat may help guard against having a severe stroke, the researchers reported.

“Our findings not only support, but also significantly strengthen, the growing body of evidence which suggests that dairy fat, contrary to popular belief, does not increase risk of heart disease or overall mortality in older adults. In addition to not contributing to death, the results suggest that one fatty acid present in dairy may lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease, particularly from stroke,” said Marcia Otto, Ph.D.

https://www.uth.edu/media/story.htm?id=1692785a-5886-46e8-8186-230d71b834ac

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
not that I ever cared. Few things I enjoy more than real butter on fresh bread out of the oven. I won't eat that plastic margarine crap

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My take on this is if I die from whole milk, butter, bacon etc. I win!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agree wholeheartedly (pun intended.)

It's one of the things the "natural foods" crowd has right. I'll agree that pasteurizing is good, but other than that leave my dairy products alone. Milk, cheese, and butter are best just the way nature provides them.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I hate to be a wet blanket, I take the advice of the Mayo Clinic. Carry on.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck even buying "Whole Milk" anymore.

Even that milk that is marketed as such... Isn't.

And the USDA has made buying it from dairies unlawful.

If you want whole milk, you'd better have a milk cow.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've come to believe that most of the "natural" fats aren't nearly as unhealthy as they've been made out to be in the past. I do believe the sheer abundance available can be a problem because calories are still calories and you can eat a LOT of calories in a hurry on a high fight diet.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The way I understood it the connection between a high fat diet and heart disease and stroke was a fabrication put forth by a study that was paid for by the sugar lobby....

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every year, the science "proves" something different.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Every year, the science "proves" something different.

All done with a "grant" of some sort. AKA... Tax Money.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The tootster ain’t drinking any milk I can see through. Louisiana allows the sale of whole, unpasteurized milk at farmers’ markets and Feliciana Dairy, local, sells whole milk with cream clods floating on top. Don’t say it can’t be done. The Feliciana Dairy milk is all we drink and if you want it you better get it upon delivery cause it don’t last long once in the cooler.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As long as it only erases the last 5 years of my life, I'm good with it. Now if it nailed me during the first 5, I might be a little upset.

1Minute
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
not that I ever cared. Few things I enjoy more than real butter on fresh bread out of the oven. I won't eat that plastic margarine crap

I hear ya.. That yellow plastic crap will NEVER (I repeat NEVER) make it over the door sill in this house!!

Originally Posted by 1minute
As long as it only erases the last 5 years of my life, I'm good with it. Now if it nailed me during the first 5, I might be a little upset.
THAT!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Everything in mode rations is generally not gonna kill ya. He'll you can take heroin-arsenic and all that crap in small doses. I really doubt if butter or sugar is gonna kill ya. Ed k

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

The tootster ain’t drinking any milk I can see through. Louisiana allows the sale of whole, unpasteurized milk at farmers’ markets and Feliciana Dairy, local, sells whole milk with cream clods floating on top. Don’t say it can’t be done. The Feliciana Dairy milk is all we drink and if you want it you better get it upon delivery cause it don’t last long once in the cooler.

Yeah, some states now allow that on a limited basis.

Federal law prohibits the majority of milk from being sold due to their jurisdiction on milk crossing state lines.

States may adopt their own laws on raw milk sales. However, at the federal level, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) bans the interstate sale or distribution of raw milk. All milk sold across state lines must be pasteurized and meet the standards of the US Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.

According to US Federal Regulation (21 CFR § 1240.61), "No person shall cause to be delivered into interstate commerce or shall sell, otherwise distribute, or hold for sale or other distribution after shipment in interstate commerce any milk or milk product in final package form for direct human consumption unless the product has been pasteurized."

As of Apr. 2016, the sale of raw milk in stores is legal in 13 states. 17 states only permit raw milk sales on farms; 8 of the states that prohibit sales allow acquisition of raw milk only through "cow-share" agreements; and in 20 other states all sales of raw milk are prohibited.

Drinking or otherwise consuming raw milk is legal in all 50 states. With the exception of Michigan, no state expressly prohibits the sale of raw milk as animal feed.

This site shows what's allowed in which states.

https://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005192

Louisiana prohibits sale of raw milk.

Louisiana Sale of raw milk for human consumption is prohibited. La. Admin. Code tit. 51, pt. VII, § 919

https://milk.procon.org/sourcefiles/louisiana-raw-milk-code.pdf

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's Idaho regulation on selling raw milk:

"Any producer selling unpasteurized milk or unpasteurized milk products in Idaho must have a Small Herd Exemption or Herd Share Permit. The Small Herd Exemption animal limit is no more than 7 milking goats or sheep and no more than 3 milking cows. All animals participating in the program will be tested annually for brucellosis and tuberculosis. All products for sale by producer will be collected monthly by an ISDA inspector and tested for bacteria, somatic cell count, drugs and coliform by the Idaho State Dairy Lab."

A number of people can go together and own shares in cows or goats as long as the milk isn't sold. They still have to go through rigorous testing.
The reason the requirement for pasteurization is there is because of TB and brucellosis. Anyone who doesn't test for them is a complete idiot. TB used to be a major killer before pasteurization requirements were established.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TB was largely a disease that was eliminated in the U.S. until unmitigated wetbacks from 3rd world countries were allowed inside our borders unregulated, and without question.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TB was largely a disease that was eliminated in the U.S. until unmitigated wetbacks from 3rd world countries were allowed inside our borders unregulated, and without question.

Yep. I believe the last TB Sanitariums in Illinois were closed in the mid-'70s when the disease was considered to be very nearly eliminated.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the margarine...stop with the piling on

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by sse
the margarine...stop with the piling on

That's what she said?

MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,318
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.