Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For those that want to see a chart on the historical price of crude, you can go here:

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

Note that the prices have been adjusted for inflation, but you will see that the price of crude dropped by 60% almost instantaneously back in 1986-87. Not coincidentally, the Saudis recieved advanced F-15 fighters and AWACS in 1987. Coincidence? I think not.

Gorby signed an agreement with Reagan in December 1987 to destory all stockpiles of intermediate range nuclear capable missles (Pershing II, anyone?)
In 1988, Gorby withdrew from Afghanistan. Coincidence? I think not.

War is expensive. Arms races are expensive. Both are impossible when you have no money coming in.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget about Syria. It's about a pipeline isn't it?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hatari is right, follow the money . See the thread on page 2 concerning Germany being slave to Russia. When the Israeli gas pipeline is completed to Europe, the big money squeeze on Russia will be in place. They’ll have to heel or go to war. That’s why all of Putin’s big talk about these so called indefensible hypersonic missiles is being hinted at. Putin sees this coming all too clearly. Problem for him is he has so few options to counteract with.

Further on gas to Europe, every time an LNG gas project of any significance is announced in the Mideast (Qatar, e.g.) Russia drops the gas price. Germany is and has been near brilliant in their business model for European gas supply. Europe is sitting well,,,Russia not so much.

Again, Hatari is right,,,follow the money.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Reagan other than his speech and supposed challenge had little to do with the collapse of the Soviet Union, In fact he wasn't even President at the time... also a lot of what later has been credited to Reagan was actually Bush Sr., that being aside it was wholly Gorbachev's policies and those results that brought about the dissolving of the Soviet Republics. Star-Wars was a total failure at the time and for many years after though it did result in quite a few technological breakthroughs far down the line... but by then Regan, Gorbachev and the Soviet Union were long gone and had nothing to do with the Soviet dissolvement and/or the collapse of the wall, which was I believe 9 Nov, 1989 nearly a year after Reagan leaving office

Your post is pure BS!

Phil

Youre a dumbassed liar. You werent worried when zero gave his bend us over message to Vlad. Rmember, re election tampering. Zero to Putin to "Stoppit". Ha. Scared Vlad, huh.
Then Zero gave them the Crimea.

You havent the brains to believe what you see. You trust the msm to give it to you straight. They are, right in your ass. They have gotten you to support everything detrimental to this country. Remember, our diversity makes us stronger, not being united.

Go tell that to China.

How much did you spend to bring chaos to Ukraine? According to Nuland five or six billion? Russia has prevailed there and there is nothing you can do to change that. Historically Crimea has always been Russian and it's going to stay there. Syria has prevailed in Syria and they're going to be the ones "giving out the cards". Sure you can shoot down Russian plane or kill some Russian mercenaries, but that isn't going to change anything. How much money have you lost in Iraq and Afghanistan for almost no gain? When you realize predicament Americans are in it is easy to understand why American President is acting the way he has. What happened at NATO summit is easy to understand. For example, why should American taxpayer by paying to US Navy subsidize possibility of high seas trade for entire world? That is not fair and should not continue. If NATO members don't want to fulfill their obligations United States should develop other alliances and forget current partners. This is especially true now since American involvement in the Middle East affairs the Empire has no funds.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hatari's post is cogent and accurate as to relevance to the situation we are facing today. I worked for a contractor that provided services to the DOD, DOE and the National Laboratories, We were based at the Nevada Test Site. I was involved w/ this from 1978-1991 and watched and participated in the transformation of the military, intelligence services and the defense establishment from the barely functional Carter years to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

SDI {star wars] was the real deal and scared the crap out of the Russians, our military buildup and development of anti missile systems was real, Pershing Missiles deployed in Europe was real. In 1988 I spent 110 days on the soviet test site in Kazakhstan working on the Joint Verification Experiment and personally observed the abysmal state of the Soviet military. Travelling frequently through Moscow revealed a standard of living striving for the 3rd world status, they were broke and their economy moribund, the locals called the nightly news "the famine report".

Today we have the opportunity to control the world's economy through massive energy production and control of prices and distribution. Russia's military, other than their nukes is pathetic w/out a base outside of Russia except Syria which has become an Albatross for them.

I believe CiC had a private meeting w/ Putin for a good reason and that he gave Putin a reality check and allowed him to salvage some dignity via the powder puff press conference.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Much of my undergraduate work in 87-88 went to SDI. real enough for me.

Of note regarding our IC and the coming out of the woodwork Congressmen and red tape slingers extolling how wrong trump is and that they have data to back up the soviet inteference assertion - none of them mentioned that Trump was in collusion with the Russkis.

Maybe they're just being contrary...That TDS makes people stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Hatari's post is cogent and accurate as to relevance to the situation we are facing today. I worked for a contractor that provided services to the DOD, DOE and the National Laboratories, We were based at the Nevada Test Site. I was involved w/ this from 1978-1991 and watched and participated in the transformation of the military, intelligence services and the defense establishment from the barely functional Carter years to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

SDI {star wars] was the real deal and scared the crap out of the Russians, our military buildup and development of anti missile systems was real, Pershing Missiles deployed in Europe was real. In 1988 I spent 110 days on the soviet test site in Kazakhstan working on the Joint Verification Experiment and personally observed the abysmal state of the Soviet military. Travelling frequently through Moscow revealed a standard of living striving for the 3rd world status, they were broke and their economy moribund, the locals called the nightly news "the famine report".

Today we have the opportunity to control the world's economy through massive energy production and control of prices and distribution. Russia's military, other than their nukes is pathetic w/out a base outside of Russia except Syria which has become an Albatross for them.

I believe CiC had a private meeting w/ Putin for a good reason and that he gave Putin a reality check and allowed him to salvage some dignity via the powder puff press conference.

mike r

Irrelevant. While Russia is powerful and has to be considered in any restructuring of New World Order your number one enemy is China and the time is on their side.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bank on it.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump is making every current and former world leader look ineffective.

Trump is not just reacting to things, he is taking the initiative and making good things happen.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Bank on it.

You guys can talk yourselves into believing anything.

I suspect that Pute told him how he was going to muck with the 2018 midterms and there isn't diddly that he better do about it or he will rat on ol' Donny and tell the world how Donny's only chance to win in 2106 (and 2020 for that matter) is with his help.

Meanwhile, Donny continues to plot to destroy America. He's got a good start on it, that's for sure.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,....Communists are so silly.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
New World Order....you silly slaves that rely on the power and courage of the American fighting man can pretend that you have an opinion but you’re nothing more than a hacky sack that is powerless to prevent getting kicked around at the will of despots.

You’d do yourself a favor by listening to and understanding Hatari’s posts as they’re factually correct and historically relevant.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here comes another line o'chit from Leroy Beans,
Beans don't make a mystery 'bout how he leans,
This, that, the other things just makes him pissed!
And the remedy for *him* is turnin' Communist.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Slavek

mike r

Irrelevant. While Russia is powerful and has to be considered in any restructuring of New World Order your number one enemy is China and the time is on their side.

How much oil does China produce? Who is their primary customer and the basis of their economy? China is a major strategic threat but it is better to engage one enemy at a time while the other observes projection of strength. China is not going anywhere and we need to show current and potential allies that alignment w/ our power is in their best interest. Nations do not have friends, only allies w/ common goals.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Why, Bristoe, are you becoming the Campfire Poet Laureate? grin

μολὼν λαβέ
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
How many elections (including the last) did Putin phuque with?

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek
[

Irrelevant? Come again?

It seems to me if the West can get a government and leadership in Russia that is willing to work together, that would form an incredibly strong alliance that can stand up to China both now, and in the future. Furthermore, we have the one thing that China does not have and will never have - energy! They have very little oil, coal or NG. We got them!

China has its own problems that will keep them busy for the next 20 years. Namely, they can no longer have an economy that is based on building roads, dams, bridges and factories. They have maxed that out. They are overbuilt. They are no longer a country of slave laborers riding bicycles. They people are demanding consumer goods, and they must switch their economy from a completely centralized program to a consumer driven economy. Communists aren't so good at that.

Last edited by hatari; 07/17/18.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Brilliant analysis of the Trump strategy,and the military buildup has the added benefit of making military conflict too costly for China to pursue. And the idea of aggressive tariffs on China deprives them of capital while decreasing our own deficit due to the added tax revenues.

The whole thing makes much more sense than the media on the right or left will admit.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Schit. I was sort of hoping we were going to try and scale back the hegemony.

I am MAGA.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The trade imbalance with China is a similar strategy to that of dealing with Putin. Starve the Communists of capital. Reduce their income. Make them economize while filling our bank up. China will eventually want to play ball and the tariffs can come down.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (BallisticBRYAN, Alan_Robertson, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 5 invisible), 1,382 guests, and 695 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.