Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by J23
The guys were allegedly operating an illegal grow on state property. I agree that the law was being broken. I don't really see why ten plants necessitated a helicopter, but I'm not the Colonel. Perhaps they found it during a routine Marijuana eradication op, hence the helicopter? One suspect fled. If you flee, you'll likely be chased, and hopefully caught. I'm on board with that. But "chasing" and eventually running over the guy with a damn bulldozer?!? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.

Why were they using a dozer to try to find a fleeing suspect in the first place?!? How about a foot pursuit, a car, or ATV? No K9 available? A bulldozer?!? Like a Case 750xl? That kind of a machine?? I mean I know it's PSP, and they have an operating budget larger than the military of many small nations, but WTF do they need a dozer for? They just happened to have a dozer there? Or did they commandeer one? I'm not sure which would be worse. Was the Trooper qualified to operate it?

If that had been a city department or a county Sheriff's Office, someone would be in some deep s**t. Of course, in my experience, standards are a little different with state police and federal agencies.

That report's gonna be a real humdinger.

jesus...did you read the thread?

the game commission operator was on the grounds dping work with the dozer. he found the vehicle and grow operation and called the police

police respond, locate the two suspect who run. police call helicopter in. they capture one suspect snd locate the other via chopper chopper directs dozer operator accompanied by trooper to clear a path to last known area of second subject.

suspect 2 to stupid to run from approaching dozer and gets run over

The initial post was pretty straight forward and inferred that police ran him over with a bulldozer; I didn't write it. I still can't understand why they thought bringing the dozer into a field to assist in a search was a good idea.

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
"A 51-year-old Pennslyvania man was killed after police accidentally ran over him with a bulldozer during a search through an area of heavy brush. Cops were called after a game commission employee saw a car "parked well off the road in a field," on state game lands. When officers arrived, they took 54-year-old David Brooks into custody, but Gregory Longenecker decided to run.

Police gave chase through the "thick underbrush" but their initial search was unsuccessful. Authorities called in a helicopter and bulldozer to help track down Longenecker. At one point, one of the officers in the helicopter spotted Longenecker but lost sight of him in the brush so they radioed his location to the bulldozer.

During the chase, the driver of the bulldozer accidentally ran over Longenecker, causing “traumatic injuries” which ultimately killed him.

Pennsylvania State Police are investigating the incident, and the officer involved has been placed on administrative duty.

After the chase was over, police found ten marijuana plants growing on the state game land. They charged Brooks with marijuana possession with intent to distribute and he was released on $2,500 bail."

Last edited by J23; 07/17/18.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by J23
The guys were allegedly operating an illegal grow on state property. I agree that the law was being broken. I don't really see why ten plants necessitated a helicopter, but I'm not the Colonel. Perhaps they found it during a routine Marijuana eradication op, hence the helicopter? One suspect fled. If you flee, you'll likely be chased, and hopefully caught. I'm on board with that. But "chasing" and eventually running over the guy with a damn bulldozer?!? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.

Why were they using a dozer to try to find a fleeing suspect in the first place?!? How about a foot pursuit, a car, or ATV? No K9 available? A bulldozer?!? Like a Case 750xl? That kind of a machine?? I mean I know it's PSP, and they have an operating budget larger than the military of many small nations, but WTF do they need a dozer for? They just happened to have a dozer there? Or did they commandeer one? I'm not sure which would be worse. Was the Trooper qualified to operate it?

If that had been a city department or a county Sheriff's Office, someone would be in some deep s**t. Of course, in my experience, standards are a little different with state police and federal agencies.

the game commission operator was on the grounds dping work with the dozer. he found the vehicle and grow operation and called the police

police respond, locate the two suspect who run. police call helicopter in. they capture one suspect snd locate the other via chopper chopper directs dozer operator accompanied by trooper to clear a path to last known area of second subject.

I think many are assuming he could run. Maybe ya'll have never seen thick woods grown up and interlaced with vines where you can't run through. I use to clear roads through that stuff. I worked with a saw ahead of a dozier and skidder cutting stuff too big to push. There have been many times one of those guys have nearly hurt me bad with a small tree slapped on me because the stuff is too thick to see anything in front of you and too thick to move through. Several times I have only been able to get out of the way because I has a power saw saw in my hands.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I think many are assuming he could run. Maybe ya'll have never seen thick woods grown up and interlaced with vines where you can't run through. I use to clear roads through that stuff. I worked with a saw ahead of a dozier and skidder cutting stuff too big to push. There have been many times one of those guys have nearly hurt me bad with a small tree slapped on me because the stuff is too thick to see anything in front of you and too thick to move through. Several times I have only been able to get out of the way because I has a power saw saw in my hands.

That's a possibility. When I think Pennsylvania, images of western Pennsylvania come to mind; second growth hardwoods and agricultural fields. Maybe it was more like what you're describing.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by J23
Originally Posted by J23

The initial post was pretty straight forward and inferred that police ran him over with a bulldozer; I didn't write it. I still can't understand why they though bringing the dozer into a field to assist in a search was a good idea.

"A 51-year-old Pennslyvania man was killed after police accidentally ran over him with a bulldozer during a search through an area of heavy brush. Cops were called after a game commission employee saw a car "parked well off the road in a field," on state game lands. When officers arrived, they took 54-year-old David Brooks into custody, but Gregory Longenecker decided to run.

Police gave chase through the "thick underbrush" but their initial search was unsuccessful. Authorities called in a helicopter and bulldozer to help track down Longenecker. At one point, one of the officers in the helicopter spotted Longenecker but lost sight of him in the brush so they radioed his location to the bulldozer.

During the chase, the driver of the bulldozer accidentally ran over Longenecker, causing “traumatic injuries” which ultimately killed him.

Pennsylvania State Police are investigating the incident, and the officer involved has been placed on administrative duty.

After the chase was over, police found ten marijuana plants growing on the state game land. They charged Brooks with marijuana possession with intent to distribute and he was released on $2,500 bail."

what part of "the dozer was already on scene is difficult to comprehend?

again you didnt read the whole thread did you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Well, now that the high ground has been taken...
Don't try to put that shyt on me either. I'm not the one who started with the unfounded, douchebag insinuations.

LOL.

You never fail to justify them though.
It wasn't justified to anybody with a brain in their head. Which obviously leaves out many of the high and mighty snootbags here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by RickyD
I doubt his family would have traded his life for 10 pot plants. Cop who ran him over faces...........nothing probably.

So, why did he not just cooperate and surrender?

He may have been involved in a criminal activity and when challenged by LEOs he ran and was accidentally killed while fleeing. His untimely death, like the death of all criminals, seems like a win for all civilized people. One less drug dealer/manufacturer is unlikely to be missed by anyone who isn't a family member or involved in other illegal activities. The families of dead drug dealers always seem to find a way to justify their drug dealing kin. One of my favorites is the mother of a dead drug dealer who tells anyone who will listen that her son/daughter was a good boy/girl who was getting his/her life together and was only dealing a little weed to provide for his/her family. In the case of sons, they often have had multiple children with multiple women who they aren't married to and who are supported by welfare.
Some of you guys are damned pathetic and I'm thankful every day I don't know you or have to be around you personally. Ten pot plants does not neccesarily mean "drug dealer" idiot. That few plants would more likely be for personal use. IF, and that's a big "IF", it was even their pot. I've found pot plants on state land multiple times and none of it was mine. Standard operating procedure for people who do plant pot on state land is to stay the hell away from the shyt until harvest time so as to not be seen by anyone who might steal it or by police/authorties. It is nowhere close to harvest time.

Blackheart- it sure looks like you are the first person to start name calling.

Actually there's a history behind that and 260 azzwipe stuck his big, poiny nose in where it didn't concern him and drew first blood with the name calling long ago. Giant, swollen dickhead that he is had it coming.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"I CAN'T SEE 'IM NO MORE!!!!"

"Git the dozer...."

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dozer control........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Sir we got three missing hikers in the park!"

"Git the dozer...."

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

"Git the dozer...."

That's the way I saw it too Flave. If we put up with that sh%$ next time they will save the gas and man hours and just set a fire.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by J23

That's a possibility. When I think Pennsylvania, images of western Pennsylvania come to mind; second growth hardwoods and agricultural fields. Maybe it was more like what you're describing.

If I was going to grow some pot, I would put it right in the middle of the worst thickest stuff I could find to keep people out. Then you crawl in there if necessary,just saying.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

"Git the dozer...."

That's the way I saw it too Flave. If we put up with that sh%$ next time they will save the gas and man hours and just set a fire.

Who knows what the full story is.

I will say it is not uncommon for bad guys to hide in tall cover and get runned over by slow rolling vehicles. They'll sit tight until it's too late. Prison is a powerful persuader.

But the deployment of the dozer... I can't help but laugh. Sorry the guy died though.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I will say it is not uncommon for bad guys to hide in tall cover and get runned over by slow rolling vehicles. They'll sit tight until it's too late.

Reminds one of a rabbit, ever see a rabbit run over by a D9? Damn awful mess I tell ya.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Chief, cat in the tree on 15th Ave."

"Git the dozer...."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yes sir, dozer is on the way.....

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

"Git the dozer...."

Who knows what the full story is.

I will say it is not uncommon for bad guys to hide in tall cover and get runned over by slow rolling vehicles. They'll sit tight until it's too late. Prison is a powerful persuader.

But the deployment of the dozer... I can't help but laugh. Sorry the guy died though.

That's all I'm saying. Some responsibility goes to the perp, but some should also go to the guy who decided to use the dozier. They should have sent for some dogs and put a end to it properly. Someone needs to answer for that bad decision,so it doesn't happen again.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know that they had dogs. I also don't know that his crimes were so egregious that the actions they took needed to be taken.

But I do know the news sensationalizes schit and will purposely stay short on facts in hopes they get more reads.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good thing my co-worker wasn't operating the CAT with the forestry mulcher. I have helped remove marijuana grows on game lands a few years ago. 27 plants in the middle of a 4 year old clear cut. On another game lands, we had over 100 plants. That grow had over 1/2 mile of garden hose run from a spring to the plants. There were also booby traps. Can you imagine walking into a trap while grouse hunting or doing a deer drive?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Dozer was there - dog wasn't.

As good of a reason as any so far. Dogs are slow, dozers are fast.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If this had been a thuggy type perp, there would be 100% agreement on the forum that his demise was a simple and just result of failure to comply.

I don't support execution by dozier no matter what the crime. That's the difference between me and many members here. They are fine with execution by cop as long as the perp is doing something they don't like.

RH... ain’t that the damn truth
Few quick observations.. I’ve been in the hills a bit and have seen 100x more damage and trash caused by “sportsmen” than growers.
Guy made a bad choice no doubt, few of them...paid for them with his life...all good he gets frisbeed tho because he was just a no good druggie, says the mass of campfire alcoholics

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,516
Posts18,472,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.