Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1968/Riva-Aquarama-Lamborghini-2859790/#.W1pnHy2B1Bw

"Ferruccio demanded that his Riva be powered by his very own Lamborghini 4.0 liter V12 engines instead of the regular Chevrolet based Riva engines.
Despite the considerable resistance from Carlo Riva to allow such a significant alteration he eventually agreed, and so the world’s only factory Lamborghini
powered Riva Aquarama was produced.

Ferruccio regularly enjoyed his unique Aquarama and could be seen using it in either the Adriatic Sea, or at his house in Lago Trasimeno.
He also famously used his Aquarama for water ski records between Cervia, Italy and Pula, Yugoslavia on the Adriatic Sea.

After 20 proud years of ownership, Ferruccio sold the boat to a very close friend in 1988. The new owner eventually decided that the maintenance
of the two Lamborghini engines was too much work and so had them removed and replaced with the regular Riva 220 hp engines.

In 2010 the boat was purchased by the current owner (who bought it from the family who succeeded Ferruccio). Thankfully the new owner recognized
her significance, as a one of a kind, and so set about restoring her to her original specification.

The boat was brought to Holland where the painstaking restoration, of the wood work and engineering, was entrusted to Riva-World in Uithoorn.
With close assistance from Fabio Lamborghini (of the Lamborghini family museum in Funo) the two engines were replaced with original era Lamborghini V12’s.
The meticulous restoration also included all upholstery and chrome work, giving this truly unique Aquarama a brand new lease of life while encapsulating its
incredible beauty.

During her first sea trial she reached speeds in excess of 90 kilometers per hour, which makes her not only special in her rarity but also the fastest Aquarama
in the world.

To be honest, a boat like this should be in either a museum or in a private collection. References to her can be found in all the historic books of both
Lamborghini and Riva.

Of all the many Lamborghini’s ever sold and of all the Aquarama’s ever produced there was only ONE Lamborghini Aquarama. This unique collaboration
between two of Italy’s finest companies represents the panicle of excellence, beauty, passion, and rarity."

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nice close family friend to gut their dear friends boat and all the significance it hard prior to the restoration. I’d kick those close family friends in the vagina for such selfish stupidity. I’m sure The Lamborghini engines drank a bit more fuel than the stock Riva motors and I doubt that parts were readily available for a one off marine adaptation but still......😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A collector's dream--a mechanic's nightmare. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Lamborghini family should have just kept it and put it in their Lambo museum next to the tractors and sports cars... grin

its not like they needed the money.. whistle

btw; Lambo is offering a limited run centenary retro- tractor....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hco0v8Msgy4

and they still make a wide range of regular tractors...
http://www.lamborghini-tractors.com/en-fe/

Originally Posted by pal
A collector's dream--a mechanic's nightmare. smile

I wonder what a Lambo service centre would charge to send a technician out to service those two engines
on site at a marina?

... a first world problem of the uber rich - cool

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I wouldn't want the job of synchronizing those carbs.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful boat.

POS engine.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by logger

That was my first thought also. Not to mention separate keys/ignitions. Be a real beatch to have one fire on the other not when you're out and about.

He went over yonder way
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Imagine you own a waterfront villa on the Amalfi coast.. at times you just need to get out of the house so you crank up the old girls two v12s
and rip down to the bay for your morning expresso...if you are feeling tight you can stand and have your coffee at the bar and save a few euro..
;grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
didn't they use two Rivas in one of the Indiana Jones movies?
one of which got chopped up by a freighters props?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I had a boss with an LM002, among other exotics. It took a mercury manometer for each carb. Sucked, but the XKE sucked more. POS...

Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No kicker motor or rod holders?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
About as useful as a side-saddle on a piss ant!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Would love to hear it at full throttle...with someone else paying fuel and maintenance....would be a sweet sound

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gregdoo
Would love to hear it at full throttle......would be a sweet sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LkQbVTWr4g[/

next video shows Mr.Lambo in the Riva factory ordering his dream, the boys in the 60s factory building Riva vessels..
..the aged condition of the Lambo Riva just before restoration....as well as the restoration process.

(well worth 20min it takes to watch) .. looks and sounds truly sumptuous when reversing up to the dock...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHB7BXOLMk

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ain't a whole lotta things in this world that are prettier than a well put together wood boat.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd take the job, but not if they were in a hurry - takes patience and a good ear as well as understanding those carbs/manifolds.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (204guy, 219DW, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 41 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,276
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.