Print Thread
Hop To
C
C_Dixon Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
The winter of 2003/2004 was a busy time for me. I'd just moved to SD and started my tenure with Nesika Bay Precision. That winter I was introduced to someone and a relationship was born. A project began that 15 or so years later has finally come to fruition. The ELEMENT rifle stock from LRI.

ELEMENT is 100% carbon fiber and is the absolute lightest rifle stock available by anyone anywhere. The stock weighs .9lbs. With the included hardware (floormetal, flush cup mounts, bipod mount, and recoil pad assembly) the weight is 2.0lbs.

How ELEMENT is constructed is a radical departure from conventional composite stock manufacturing. So different that two US Patents have been awarded. There is no bedding. There is no "chassis". Element uses a "compressive showline" receiver retention system that intentionally distorts the inlet to conform to the receiver's contour. The system works. We first began vetting the idea over 7 years ago.

The entire stock is laid up in what industry folk call "Co Curing". Simply to mean that all the various components are assembled in the molds at one time. The result is a cohesive bond between all parts that is void of seams and parting lines. There is no "ying and yang" with ELEMENT. One portion simply evolves into another.

[img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...-7d2fa3b6826d_1024x1024.jpg?v=1533169095[/img]

These stocks are 100% assembly ready. You buy, you open the box, peel the wrapping, and tighten two screws. That is it. They are currently configured to accept AI and ARC magazines. Additional options will become available as time/financing allows.

The best part: These stocks are NOT subject to the "glacial pace" known as "the custom stock industry". I have inventory on the shelf and the longest lead time thus far has been 10 days.

Below are links to recent builds we've completed using ELEMENT and the link to our online store showcasing the product in more detail.

Thus far the reception from the shooting community has been extremely positive. The lightest rifle we've built to date has been a titanium M700, Proof Sendero setup in 6.5 Creedmoor. That rifle's all up weight (minus optics) was 7.47lbs. Barrel length was 26".

Thank you for your attention and we're happy to answer any additional questions.

All the best,

C.
LRI

ELEMENT STOCK FROM LRI

RECENT ELEMENT BUILD FROM LRI

Last edited by C_Dixon; 08/02/18.

"Remember, men will be their lives on the work you do."
-Phillip Newsom
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Congratulations on your successful venture and all the best. I'll be following your progress and am interested in a CF stock.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
$2500 for a stock the same weight as a Manners Elite Tactical? Yikes.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That was my thought when I first read about it prairie..defiantly a cool project but I can't imagine not going manners for less then a third the cost for best case 1/4lb to 1/2 lb savings. The eh6 adl Setup I have weighs 25oz. The eh1 adl setup isn't much different weight wise and still very trim. Interesting stock but the price will be so prohibitive that only a tiny tiny share of the market will even consider it I bet.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Maybe I am missing something. I get a $2,500 32 ounce stock (worthless without the other stuff you mention), which is right at or very close to the weight of other lightweight rifles stocks for 3-4x the price? I hope I'm missing something....

Congrats regardless, I have one of your customs and it's a great shooter and balances well...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Granted not the same ergos and such but I have been happy with this one at just under 13 oz (.8 pounds) once finished and bedded for less than 1/4 that price.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, we've all been wanting a great carbon fiber stock with no wait time.

Apparently it comes with a $1,900 premium.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
C_Dixon Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C

Appreciate the kind and encouraging responses. Thank you.

-Phillip Newsom
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Gotcha popcorn ready... waiting for steelhead/boxer to reply.

I think it’s a pretty cool, innovative idea but out of my price range. Good luck Chad!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I’m quite taken aback by this, really. I find most of what LRI markets to be innovative, while pricey of course. There’s a lot I do not comprehend about this stock. The “compressive showline” for example. Could this stock be taken from one rifle and immediately placed on another and deliver the level of accuracy that I’m accustomed to?

I’m with the majority here in that I would not give 3-4 times the price of a conventional type light weight rifle stock, but I have my doubts that LRI would place a bottle of snake oil on the market.

It is, however, a peculiar product for a man who so often cites “custom does not come in a box.” I’d love to have a cathedral brake, for example, but it cannot be bought as a stand alone item. Here we have probably the best bedding mechanic in the world telling us we can tighten two screws and push play.

I won’t doubt the integrity of the product, but for $2500 I think those of us who are not part of the LRI cult would like to see some videos of how this compressive showline technology works.

That being said, you show me a $1500 sheep hunting stock 1/4” drop at comb and a 14” length of pull with said technology and I may well set my checkbook on fire.

Anxiously waiting for more detail.

IC B3

C
C
My company makes the stock - if you have a question/response - I will check back and do my best to address comments/concerns.

Feedback has been tremendously positive, stock was part of test rifles that have fired smallest known (production barreled action and ammo) groups for two OEMs.

The 'return to zero' quality has been stellar too; pro guides, destination hunters, comp shooters, etc. - stocks have all retained original zero through travel, removal and reassembly, sudden atmospheric shift, etc.

Kyle

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Chronorev
My company makes the stock - if you have a question/response - I will check back and do my best to address comments/concerns.

Feedback has been tremendously positive, stock was part of test rifles that have fired smallest known (production barreled action and ammo) groups for two OEMs.

The 'return to zero' quality has been stellar too; pro guides, destination hunters, comp shooters, etc. - stocks have all retained original zero through travel, removal and reassembly, sudden atmospheric shift, etc.

Kyle

Price is probably the biggest concern..........

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Will the stock be built in hunting patterns?

C
C_Dixon Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
A variant of the M40A1 stock is in development now. Molds have to be machined, etc so it won't happen instantly, but it will happen.

C.

-Phillip Newsom
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty cool idea. Best of luck.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,669
Posts18,513,099
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.