Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Two North Carolina children got ahold of a gun and fatally shot a man police said was assaulting and strangling their mother.

During the attack, Steven Kelley, 46, said he was going to cut the throat of Chandra Nierman, his girlfriend, and kill everyone in the home, the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office said.

Police said Nierman’s 12-year-old son obtained a gun, and her 15-year-old daughter used it to shoot Kelley in the chest twice.

Nierman’s 16-year-old daughter was injured in the shooting after a bullet grazed her leg. She’s since been released from the hospital, according to police. Nierman also “suffered significant bruises and contusions from the assault,” police said.

Police were called to the home just after midnight on August 8 and found Kelley already dead.

Kelley was a convicted felon who had two active domestic violence protection orders against him from women in Indiana and Ohio, the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office said.

He also assaulted Nierman just days before his death, police said. Then, investigators said, he fired a gun inside the house multiple times “to threaten and terrorize Nierman.”

Police said they found multiple guns in the house and on Kelley’s body that belonged to him.

Authorities have said that no charges will be filed against the children as the shooting is considered “justified.”

The children have not been named because they are minors.

Forest City is about 65 miles west of Charlotte, North Carolina.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Good for them !!

Neil

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well done.... those kids have grit.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

You, Azzhole, have the right to be DEAD!!!

Good for the kids.

kd

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That is how it is supposed to work. Its a terrible experience for the kids to have to go through, but they survived. The gun gave them a chance, and saved 3 lives that day.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Give that boy and girl the keys to the city!!!!!

And while we're at it we should petition Congress to create a law that would not allow Felons to have guns............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good outcome.
Some brave and smart kids.
I hope they get some help as that’s a lot of mental trauma for kids that age.

NRA Patron
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good job, but now, try not to make a habit of it!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A convicted felon with a gun, how in blazes could that even happen? Double secret probation for him.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, so much for trigger locks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Good for the children!! It sounds like the states of Indiana and Ohio didn't take care of business!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
we should petition Congress to create a law that would not allow Felons to have guns............

I agree, but it doesn't seem like he was a very nice boy or interested in what was legal wink

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Wonder if mom will pick a better class of loser next time to hang around her and the kids???

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
What kind of TRASH would bring such a creature into her home and endanger her children?

I could go on about just desserts, but it would not be PC. Where is the emoticon for disgust?

Too damned bad her kids had to get into the mess. Perhaps CPS can become involved before she shacks up with the next loser.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you see something, say something.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Flave, that's a good thought.

But in my case, There is nothing to see, so there is nothing to say. That schitt simply does not happen in my world!

But then, I have not been inside the house of any person not related by blood to me in thirty years. My world is pretty much confined to my kids and grand kids. If some ass hole came into one of their lives and started acting in the manner of the OP. Some things are not wise to put out on the 'net, but I guarandamtee the problem would stop.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m glad he is dead!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Flave, that's a good thought.

But in my case, There is nothing to see, so there is nothing to say. That schitt simply does not happen in my world!

But then, I have not been inside the house of any person not related by blood to me in thirty years. My world is pretty much confined to my kids and grand kids. If some ass hole came into one of their lives and started acting in the manner of the OP. Some things are not wise to put out on the 'net, but I guarandamtee the problem would stop.

I was being sarcastic.

Society is told every day "if you see something say something" and it implies the wonderful system will correct the problem. It sure as fugk didn't work in Parkland and this is another perfect example of the only people capable of protecting themselves, are themselves.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Sometimes it does not work.

But on the other hand I know one guy who really wishes he had intervened in his daughters affairs.

Grandpa and Grandma had been divorced for twenty years. Their daughter was twenty something years old, with two little kids, and an abusive ex-husband. She had a restraining order, for all the good that does. Restraining orders are like gun laws. Criminals do not pay them much mind.

One day, the twenty something ex went to Grandma's house and drug the twenty something daughter out of the house by her hair, in front of Grandma and two little kids. He threw her (twenty something daughter) into his car and drove away.

Grandma called Police, but all they could do at that point was stand around and take statements. The young lady was found dead a day later. The perp made it to Mexico, but was finally extradited many years later. Grandpa and Grandma took turns raising two beautiful grand kids.

Grandpa and Grandpa's three brothers all knew (all veterans, all hunters, all gun owners) what was going on with this guy, and had been going on for several years. They regret to this day that he did not simply disappear into the Owyhee desert one dark night.

I understand some young women not having the nuts to do what is needed. Dads, and husbands, and grand dads should take care of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.