Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One of the few scopes around that have the illuminated dot #4 reticle I have been looking for. They are fully multicoated and assembled in Japan- I think-. Anyone have any experience with these or can tell me what thy might compare to? How bright, repeatable etc...? It would likely replace a Meopta Artemis 6x42 or Burris FF2 6x40 and I don't want to be disappointed.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Whiskey3 is assembled int he Phillipines, I think. Whiskey5 is assembled in Japan.

Both seem to be very decent scopes. My only reasonably lengthy experience with a Whiskey3 was a 3-9x50 scope that a friend of mine bought, so I set it up on his gun and worked out the ballistics so that he could order their BDC turret. I was very pleasantly surprised with how decent this scope was for the money and with how well it tracked if you did not get too close to the end of the adjustment range. On a 6.5Grendel, tracking was very repeatable out to 600 yards which was as far as I went on his scope.

It is a simple scope, but everything is very well worked out. I did not run into any nasty surprises.

I have a seen a few other Whiskey3 scopes, but did not spend a whole lot of time with them. They seemed to work alright base on my limited exposure.

ILya

kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Koskin. I really like the firedot #4 type reticle but didn't want to step down form the brightness of the 6x42 Meopta I have on there now. I know that is asking a lot from a relatively cheap scope that I don't want to end up replacing after purchasing- ya know? I did replace the same Meopta model on Dads 6.5x55 wit ha Mueller and while there is a brightness drop off I cannot help but love that reticle. Dads old eye just can't do reticles anymore.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive got one in a 3x9 with the illum reticle. I think it compares pretty much to a Leupold VX2, I'm very happy with it and have even used the lighted reticle for a little night shooting...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Buddy has a Whiskey 3 and I have two of the Whiskey 5' s we both are very happy with them zero complaints. Ingwe summed up the Whiskey 3 pretty well comparing the glass to a VX2. We are both using custom dials and tracking has been accurate and repeatable.

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
28lx,
How would you compare your Whiskey 5? I have one on order for a 300 rum & am replacing a VX3. Found a smoking deal on a Swaro Z5 but while the glass probably better I like what I have heard on dialing the sig as well as the illum reticle.
thanks,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The Whiskey 5 is brighter and the image is much sharper than my VX3's I doubt you'll be anything but happy going from the VX3 to a Whiskey 5. I have a custom dial on both of mine and have done a fair amount of elevation dial twisting tracking has been excellent and so is the illumination sharp without any halo or fuzziness around the edges.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought the Tango4 and I really like it but they haven't come through with the free turret even though
I sent them the data months ago. They don't answer emails nor return phone calls.

Sig hung there name on a good product and spent $$$$$ developing market share but fell down
on customer service. Hard to believe they can't see their problems.

kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I cannot imagine the Whiskey being as bright as my VX3 - the VX3 I have made me realize I no longer have to stay with fixed power to get great brightness but I am glad for the affirmations on a sub $200 scope. I am thinking I see one in my future....maybe this season.

. Confucius

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,573
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.