Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I failed to give honorable mention to the Redhawks. There is really nothing else like them and all I ever shot, owned or worked on were as accurate as you're going to get in a production revolver. If I buy another Ruger it will be the short 45 ACP/Colt Redhawk; exactly what I suggested to Ruger about 1999 when I was told the 45 Colt rim wasn't amenable to the Redhawk's ejector. Serious as a train wreck here.

I'm glad they got over that silliness.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Unbeatable.

Agreed 100% !!!

Some of the most accurate revolvers I’ve ever owned have been Rugers. And I’ve owned all of the top manufacture’s products. And Ruger continues to be one of the top innovators in new models & cartridge platforms after all these years.
Whatever Ruger builds, there products are built & function like a tank. And they work flawlessly IMO. I’ve I had to narrow down my revolver collection to just one, it would be a Ruger Blackhawk variant in .45 colt.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Unbeatable.

My experience as well.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by dla
Second rate firearm manufacturer whose founder screwed over gun owners in the lead up to the 1994 gun ban.

Your attitude and lack of reasonable contribution are the exact reason I have you on ignore. Just sorry people saw fit to quote you, even if it was just to indicate you didn't know what you are talking about.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by dla
Second rate firearm manufacturer whose founder screwed over gun owners in the lead up to the 1994 gun ban.

Your attitude and lack of reasonable contribution are the exact reason I have you on ignore. Just sorry people saw fit to quote you, even if it was just to indicate you didn't know what you are talking about.

No worries Caribou,

DLA has been reduced to making (attention seeking) drive by snotty remarks as virtually none of the regular posters here pay any attention to him due to his conduct. He is essentially like a developmentally delayed adult that we all tolerate, except for that fact that in reality none of us would really have a problem with a developmentally delayed person, due to the circumstances being beyond their control. However DLA is simply DLA, bless his heart. laugh

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
laugh laugh laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

bless his heart. laugh

Cheers!
[/quote]

Hey, that is a Southern Thing!

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if you can not git a ruger to shoot good it is the shooter imop

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by dla

No worries Caribou,

DLA has been reduced to making (attention seeking) drive by snotty remarks as virtually none of the regular posters here pay any attention to him due to his conduct. He is essentially like a developmentally delayed adult that we all tolerate, except for that fact that in reality none of us would really have a problem with a developmentally delayed person, due to the circumstances being beyond their control. However DLA is simply DLA, bless his heart. laugh

Cheers!

I already have a wife, but thank you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
dla dumber than dog schit.

On a good day.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I have a bunch of 'em.. Only ONE has needed some work outta the box.. The rest perform perfectly. Latest is an SR9c, 17-rd Duo-tone.. It's never failed - even when using some crap ammo I had layin' around... They were on sale a while ago. I bought 4, already sold 3...and those buyers all report excellent function..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hit or miss. I've had several Roogers that needed something. Other models seem bulletproof. Ones that I can think of in the safe right now are a Bisley 45 Colt, Flattop 44 Mag. and a Mk. III .22 Bull Barrel. Oh, and a couple of 10-22's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They still have some of the best customer service in the business. Their first line telephone folks are unfortunately no longer as knowledgeable as they used to be but IME the company still stands 110% behind its products.

If there is some small thing wrong with your firearm, or you suspect there is, you can return it and what you will get back is a totally hand inspected and in some cases hand fitted firearm. This is a bit unfair to Ruger but you can complain of some small imperfection and they will go over the entire firearm to make sure it functions perfectly – they don’t want to have to get it back. Of course the down side is that they will remove any custom or non-standard parts, so don’t send them your McMillan stock…

I sent a Bisley .45 Colt in due to an over-aggressive trigger job someone did, I asked for a new trigger and hammer and asked for a quote since it wasn’t their fault at all. What I got back was a “new hammer, trigger, new pivot pins, grip frame screws, pawl spring, cylinder latch spring, ejector housing screw, front sight retainer pin, basepin latch, Polished. Repair, safety function check and test firing" - all for free including return shipping.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Vaquero question, when did Ruger quit making vaqueros with color case hardening and when did 7.5 inch barrels go away? Pre or post new vaquero?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I like most of what they make but if they could trim down the unnecessary metal a bit from most of their guns I would have zero reasons to own anything else.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well, let's see here...the first .22 pistol I ever shot a bunch was a Single-Six Dad bought back in the '80s. He still owns it and we both shoot it fairly regularly. Ruger also made my first 44 ( 5.5" Redhawk), first "real" hunting rifle, current "using" rifle, and favorite .22. None I've owned have ever been sent down the road. The only thing they've made that just is not desirable to me would be their shotguns.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Meh.

My opinion as well. Every firearm I own faced a competition of sorts to make the cut. The only Ruger I own is a 77/22. I've never had the need or desire for any "Ruger only" loads and for my use there has always been a better choice than Ruger.

That said, Ruger is rarely a bad choice.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite Ruger is the 44 Carbine. Or maybe the LCR. I like their single action pistols as well.

I’ve owned a Security Six, and it was alright, but it ain’t a S&W. The 77’s just don’t turn my crank I guess. Though a 77/22 Hornet would be cool.

Always wanted to see their SxS shotgun but have never run across one.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 2 Ruger handguns, Singlke Actions because in DA's I shoot S&W, and in autoloaders I am a 1911 guy, and had mine before ruger made one. I have a Super Bearcat in the steel frame form, and it has been a greta gun, even if I did have to modify it to get it to strike primers hard enough, I also have a Single Six in 32 H&R Magnum, to plink with now that 22LR has become too expensive.

Their rifles I love, and my son loves his red Label. But in handguns they are a little too overbuilt and a little too under finished.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ericka...They never did any real color case hardening, it was a faux finish and I don't know when they stopped. 7 1/2 inch New Vaqueros do exist.

Last edited by 5thShock; 08/28/18.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.