S
Antlers not allowed as proof of sex.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Antlers not allowed as proof of sex.

Kinda goes along with the stupid bathroom laws!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Plugs in shotguns. There are bag limits.

LOL, even with magazine plugs, I’ve seen human nature run wild in a duck blind.

And I’ve seen 2 fuggers go to federal court in New Orleans. One was a localish politician. Got smart with the judge and lost his hunting privileges for 5 years.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't understand Wyoming law that you buy a hunting license, then you have to buy a game stamp. Why not include the stamp with license, so nobody forgets in??? Or is that the intention?

That's not true. Buy a license for big game and with it comes the tag, that you much attach to the carcass. There's no separate stamp.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
No hunting on Sundays in Pa.

I’m an old school Presbyterian and I think that’s stupid.

I like having the day off, letting the woods go quiet.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I knew a guy that fired 3 shots at every duck and he was using a double barrel.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Actually, you can hunt in Pa. on Sunday. Coyotes, foxes, and crows are the only legal game but you CAN hunt Sunday.

Limited days for crows came about (I think) because of a federal migratory bird treaty that only allows so many days of hunting and not during certain times of the year. In Pa. at least, they went to 3 days per week to get as many weeks as possible from the number of days available. That's what I remember reading somewhere, probably the Pa. Game Commission website.

Dale

This space for rent

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by McInnis
I don't understand Wyoming law that you buy a hunting license, then you have to buy a game stamp. Why not include the stamp with license, so nobody forgets in??? Or is that the intention?

That's not true. Buy a license for big game and with it comes the tag, that you much attach to the carcass. There's no separate stamp.

You would be wrong, very wrong. Think,,,,Game Stamp, Wildlife Stamp. A separate Stamp altogether. About 14$ or so. Might keep you out of trouble.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

The woods are always quiet in bow season smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
GA used to have a similar handgun hunting requirement. But it said 5.9" and 500 ft lbs at 100 yards. Some 357 loads were advertised at 505 ft lbs at 100 yards and had it printed on the box. The law was changed because of complaints from game wardens that it was unenforceable. To my knowledge no one was ever charged, and now any center fire handgun, any barrel length is legal. You can now technically bear hunt with a 25 ACP.

Not a hunting law, but GA carry law was simplified, and made much better 10 years ago after the abduction and murder of a young girl hiking on the Appalachian Trail in N. GA.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=...=meredith+emerson&type=123191_111517

At the time you could not legally carry a handgun, even with a permit in a state park. And you couldn't carry a handgun on a Wildlife Management area unless you were hunting with all the proper tags and permits. Even then the gun had to match the game legal at the time. The section of trail where Ms. Emerson was abducted ran through a wildlife management area, and cut through a corner of a state park it effectively prevented her from being armed. On the WMA the only legal handgun would have been a 22 since only small game was in season, she would have also needed a hunting license and permit to hunt on a WMA. And most of the year (outside of hunting season) even that would have been illegal. Only during big game season would a handgun that was also legal to hunt with been legal on the WMA. And even that would have been illegal in the state park.

I have no idea whether or not Ms. Emerson would have carried even if legal,but the absurdity of the law was brought to the attention of legislators who quickly changed the law.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by efw

The woods are always quiet in bow season smile

Except for squirrel hunters. I watch for them about as much as for deer when up a tree.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With waterfowl, limits per species and sex complicate things, especially for less experienced hunters. In the rare instance you’ve got a novice waterfowler who’s a crack shot, things can get complicated quick.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the antler restrictions they have in PA. some places are 3 to a side, others its 3 to a side and the brow tine doesn't count. boundaries are usually some road. wildlife management units they call them. over management in my opinion. oughtta be 3 to a side counting brow tine state wide.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In Pa you can't hunt on Sundays but that leaves you both NY and OHio both have great seasons, quit bitchin.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You would be wrong, very wrong. Think,,,,Game Stamp, Wildlife Stamp. A separate Stamp altogether. About 14$ or so. Might keep you out of trouble.

It's called a Conservation stamp and it's $12.50.
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/What-do-I-need-to-Hunt

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah, that's right. To get a fishing or hunting license you have to buy a conservation stamp. They just ask you if you need it when you get your license, it's not a big deal.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw

Same in Maine

If they sold Sunday hunting permits for deer season just for township blocks
Basically 4 x4 mile square block areas of woodland .
For say 15 bucks each of those Sundays during rifle season.

The state would make money .... 60 extra dollars possibly from a individual hunter.
I woulda done it.

Nothing use ta piss me off more than leaving camp Saturday night to come back Sunday night.
Knowing fresh snow was coming in or certain other weather was gonna go down on SUNDAY....
Like an overnight rain stopping before sun-up.
Or even wind shutting down after days of it
Or wind starting up after days of none.
ECT ect ect.

And the good ole religious fuddy duddy blue law
That got passed decades ago for some preacher who got a politicians ear is beyond dumb...

No church going folks would be traumatized in town miles away I'm sure.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Let's hear them.

Colorado has a big game handgun law that says barrel length needs to be at least 4" with a min. energy level at 50 yards of 550 ft.lbs - as rate by the manufacture (which could be you). So who actually measures velocity at 50 yards, which can be used to determine energy? Maybe I've missed it as I reload most of my own, but I've never seen a pistol cartridge box from a manufacturer that says velocity or energy at 50 yards - if they say anything it's muzzle velocity. I guess I could put a chrono up at 50 yards, but seems so stupid when they could say 575 ft.lbs. at the muzzle or something like that. And what's with the min. barrel length? Either the gun has the energy required or it doesn't. Who cares if the bullet came out of a 3.5" barrel? It's not a concealed gun thing either as CO state law specifically allows concealed carry during hunting season even without a permit.

Here's your sign:

http://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistics/calculators/calculators.shtml

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah, that's right. To get a fishing or hunting license you have to buy a conservation stamp. They just ask you if you need it when you get your license, it's not a big deal.

It is a big deal if caught without it. But ymmv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wyoming's .224" law for deer and antelope, and a few other critters. The bullet has to be at least .224", and the cartridge at least 2 inches long (excluding the hornet) and at least a 60 grain bullet.

I suspect the 60 grain minimum thing is to avoid the use of the wally world special 55 grain FMJs, but an older law requires the use of expanding bullets anyhow. Plus, how the hell can a game warden weigh the bullet? Would he make the hunter pull a bullet from the case? It would be easy for a warden to tell a FMJ from a common expanding bullet of most any flavor but instead they added a weight criteria. This means a 53 TSX is not legal but a 60 grain bullet of any construction is legal, as long as it was designed to expand.

What about the 2 inch overall length requirement? For a reloader, it wouldn't be hard to get a legal cartridge that is pathetically effective on game, and I am sure some people would try. 5 grains of unique out of my .22 Savage hi-power and a 70 grain TSX would be perfectly legal but a hot rodded .22-250 with a 55 TSX is not.

Just seems like the state legislatures really showed their ignorance with this law.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1234, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,418
Posts18,528,245
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.