OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
am 1200 San Antonio WOAI

LOCAL NEWS
Man Critical After He Tried to Hit a Moving Train With a Metal Bat
posted by Jim Forsyth -
Aug 31, 2018

You've heard of somebody being hurt by being hit by a train. Police say a man is in critical condition with injuries he suffered early today when he tried to hit a train, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.

Police say for some reason the man, in his late twenties, was standing on the railroad tracks along Frio City Road on the southwest side about 12:30 this morning.

When a Union Pacific freight train passed, the man apparently tried to hit the train with some sort of metal bat.

The force of the moving train pushed the bat back at the man.

The man tried to stumble away, and made it as far as the 400 block of Brady, about two blocks away, before collapsing.

He suffered major head injuries and a broken arm, and was rushed to SAMMC in extremely critical condition.

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drugs motivated.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
That involved a whole series of Darwin-illuminated choices...

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
sometimes, you don't get 3 strikes !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let me guess no medical insurance, what is going to be the cost to fix stupid ?

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The capacity for stupidity in the human organism continues to impress me.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, at least now we know what happens if you hit a train with a bat. Check that one off the list.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Simonkenton7: I shake my head in disbelief.
I have investigated and actually seen humans do some amazingly stupid things during my 29 year law enforcement career but the instance you post about is right up there in the top three or four all time craziest, stupidest, most bizarre things that I know about humans attempting!
If they save him he needs "mental help" for sure.
This would be funny if the cretin involved had not been so seriously injured (actually I did some grinning until I read the last line where the article relays the "man is in extremely critical condition" - I think that means he is gonna die).
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Haaa, this reminded me of one of my stupid moves during my youth. laugh

One time I hung out the passenger side window of my buddy's car and hit a mail box with a wood bat going about 60 mph. The bat broke and splintered at the handle and split both of my hands open and they were bleeding. There was definitely alcohol involved. It kind of ruined my Saturday night. Those guys thought it was funny, but my hands went numb for a while and then they hurt real bad for the rest of the night. The only thing to do at that point was to crack open another beer to kill the pain. Stupid is that stupid does.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Swing batter batter, swing.......

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So it's the train's fault, isn't it? Are we going to ban trains now?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
UP will end up paying a claim just to get rid of him.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
same thing happened to my old lady's ex husband when he pull a bat on me.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well, varmintguy, I was a paramedic for 14 years and I agree with you, "extremely critical" means he is probably in the morgue right now.
Bat ricocheted off the train and smashed his skull. Got to admit he did pretty well, to stagger 2 blocks before he collapsed.

I wonder if they have video cams in the front of freight trains. Well I bet they do because I have one in the front of my Big Rig.
That clusterf*ck would show up great on the train video cam, they have really massive headlights.

By the way I am from Montana! I was born in Billings. Unfortunately my parents moved to Atlanta when I was 1 year old. Always wished they had stayed in Montana I think I would have been a good hockey player.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's why all my "train bats" are made of wood.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That ain't what they meant when they said "training camp" kid.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Likely boozed up and mad .

Lad I grew up around - few years older interrupted our backyard baseball game - Ricky Blankenship - wasn't leaving until he got a smack our baseball . Smacks the baseball then kicks a basketball to my older brother Tim to pitch to him - overhanded throw full on swing at the easy to hit basketball - bat came back hit him across the temple - knocked out like Big Bad John hit him with a Coal hammer .
His Mom came up to check on him - wanted to know which one of us hit him - out for maybe 15 minutes - woke up crying like a baby and stumbled home with a knot the size of a goose egg . He said he was dizzy for 2-3 weeks .

He threw a push mower frame -no engine- up on their roof to see what would happen - it rolled off and broke his top front teeth off like little nubs - looked crazy .
He wound up in prison for breaking into a trailer - then torched it to rid the place of his finger-prints . He would have swatted a train on a dare .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was a time when my uncle was losing a mailbox every week or two. Kids in cars with bats were the problem. He rebuilt the post for the mailbox with brick and mortar, with a large shiny brand new mail box perched right on top. It was a beautiful job, and it was no more than 2 days before the first attack.
In the morning, there was found half a wooden bat, a lot of automotive glass, and a small scuff in the side of the mailbox. You see, when he mounted the box, he did so by in embedding a large piece of 1/2" steel angle 6" × the length of the mailbox , into the brick column, cut a 1/2" slot in the bottom of the mailbox on the right side, and attached the mailbox with liquid nails, slid over the angle.
No one ever got caught, but it never happened again either.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Simonkenton7: Theres plenty of room for you to move back to Montana!
I bet you have seen your share of human "mistakes and screw-ups" resulting in injury.
It was just glorious here in SW Montana today and this evening.
I attended the local high school football game (that started at 7:00 PM) and again the weather was just glorious - from my seat in the top row of the stadium I saw numerous smaller flocks of Geese fly over and across the way I saw a Whitetail doe and fawn feeding in a nearby pasture.
Hope all is well down south.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If he wakes up, his hands will sting for a month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12savage, 64 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,915
Posts18,479,611
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.