Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Why would God lower Himself to create an earthly image of himself that would by design fail?

One would not need a solution if the problem had not been allowed to manifest.

God could still have been 100% satisfied in his perfect existence prior to creation of any beings

......(hopefully Gus is around)... grin

Various spiritual teaching say man is the tiny spark of the great divine eternal flame, and when he
overcomes his cloaks of ignorance (ceases to suffer due to separation from God ) will effectively rejoin the flame as ONE.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who says it's a design fail?

Why do couples want to have children?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Strictly for entertainment value!

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Who says it's a design fail?

note I said , 'by design fail' . not a failed design.

Human failure is a feature of Gods purposed design.

yet God is not pleased that mankind fails him...clearly mankind is failing in what God desires of them.

God is so unpleased with the results, that the only thing He believes they deserve is to be destroyed.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

God didn't do it for Himself, He did it for us...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
about 29 years ago, my wife and I did not need another person in our life. We were complete with each other, yet we desired to create something/someone to love.
We did not need that child, but desired it. We had the ability to create that child, so we did. And then another after that.

God did not need for anything. He was complete. He wasn't lonely. He wasn't bored. He did not create us expressly to satisfy a need to be loved/worshiped. He did not create us to entertain Himself.
Act 17:24-25 24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;

He created us out of His love. He imagined creating a being that He could demonstrate His love to. Since He had the power to create whatever He desire, He did just that.
In Jeremiah 31:3 God said “I have loved you with an everlasting love;"
So, before man was ever created, God had already loved what He knew that He would create...... (just as we loved the child we would create that was not conceived yet, except in our minds/hearts)

Now, about the problem that is alluded to, that of sin. That problem of failure.
1. God created man with free will. He could have created us with perfection and no ability to fail and programmed to do exactly and completely right, but we would be robots instead of as sentient beings with the ability to choose.
A multitude of robots serves God no purpose at all. In this creation driven by His love, love that is returned by a robot is not love at all, but just a hard-wired computer programmed response.

2. With free will, comes the ability to choose to love God or reject Him. Without the choice, there is no glory in being loved.
You can hold a gun to someone's head and force them to say "I love you", but there is no glory or fulfillment in that. The joy of being loved, is when the person you love chooses to love you also.

3. Failure. Part of true love (agape) is loving completely without conditions. God chose to love us even though He knew we would fail Him. (I also chose to love my children even though I knew in advance they would, at times, fail me and themselves)

4. Love Demonstrated. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Since God created us out of His love, but knew from His foresight and wisdom that we would fail, God chose to demonstrates His love for us by sacrificing Himself in order to redeem us.
Now, this wasn't a rash plan that He dreamed up after man had sinned and mankind was an utter failure, but one that was already in place before man had ever sinned in the first place, in fact it was before man was even created.
Revelation 13:8 calls Jesus "The Lamb slain before the foundation of the world." So the decision to die on the cross for the sins/failures of man, was already in place before man was ever created.
That is a marvelous expression of His love toward us.

5. And, in response to His demonstration of His love toward us, we have the choice of whether or not to love Him back.
There is glory for man in that God chose to love us. God also is glorified in our choosing to love Him back.

Basically, Creation was/is all about love.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they come up with the dumbest reasons why god controls everything.

50 people on a bus,it crashes and kills 49. the guy lives has been saved by god, well why would god kill off 49 others and save one? I guess its the devils work.

its because god doesn't have a damned thing to do with it,chit happens and your lucky ass lived.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Maybe for the same reason that humans have pets.

Or...why do we watch sports contests? To see the play and the outcome.

Or maybe God was just bored. After all, what's the excitement if everything is perfect?

I've sometimes wondered what it's like in heaven. Does everyone just sit around in a night gown on a cloud playing a harp? There must be something else.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Why would God lower Himself to create an earthly image of himself that would by design fail?

One would not need a solution if the problem had not been allowed to manifest.

God could still have been 100% satisfied in his perfect existence prior to creation of any beings

......(hopefully Gus is around)... grin

Various spiritual teaching say man is the tiny spark of the great divine eternal flame, and when he
overcomes his cloaks of ignorance (ceases to suffer due to separation from God ) will effectively rejoin the flame as ONE.
He did it because He wanted to...

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Did what for us? He made us for us? If He didn't make us for us, we wouldn't know.

So He made us for Him.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe man created God in his own image. Man endowed God with all his strengths and weaknesses. God is the mirror we created to see our ourselves.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We are obviously a part of God's plan. Why, also stymies the angels. We do well to let God be God and serve and worship Him.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Did what for us? He made us for us? If He didn't make us for us, we wouldn't know.

So He made us for Him.

Read the title to the post...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I did, so God created mankind for us. But there was no us to create us for.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Re-read Savage Hunter's post, and contemplate what he's saying.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
God made us in his image and likeness. It's pretty obviously reproduction.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess I didn't inherit the walk on water gene. Now that water into wine gene would come in handy! I take that line to mean He created us with a transcendental spirit, the thing that sets us apart from animals.

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You should ask Him when you see Him face to Face.

(and you will!)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I Corinthians 2:9
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--

Isaiah 55:8-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Let's see, we'll use our giant human intellect to question why the creator of the universe chose to do one thing or another. When all we really need to understand is what He's already shared with us. His love for us was so great that He came down and suffered and died for us. Believe that, trust in that, everything else is above our pay grade.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 257Bob, 2500HD, 22250rem, 257 roberts, 55 invisible), 3,229 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,707
Posts18,534,814
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.