thanks...that is what i need.....bob

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
There are daily flights to Alaska they tell me.... smile

But, having just done a RT road trip to MT and CO from here, the roads are good and scenery not bad!

Last edited by las; 09/10/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Canada the Commissionaires handle these types of issues. Not sure if they can help you as a US resident, but you could ask their advice...

https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/individual

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by drover
google may be your friend - here is a link I googled up, it may not be just what you are looking for but I found the info interesting.

http://www.canadaduientrylaw.com/lawyer.php

"Even if a US resident is arrested for a DUI but never charged, they may still be criminally inadmissible to Canada and turned away at the border."

They're not making it easy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
So I got a DUI 22 years ago. Can I fly into Canada to go hunting?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Go to Africahunting.com and PM Brickburn, He will be available to take care of you.

wesheltonj.....thank you......this is on the up and up right?...not like a bbbruce recommendation......bob

He is a Lawyer in Canada and should be able to help. If he can't do it there is another Canadian lawyer that posts on that site too, Pheroze.

Having met Brickburn and flown from the SCI convention in Vegas to Calgary with Brickburn, I can assure you he is not a lawyer. He is a counsellor and describes his clients as patients. Whether he is a doctor psychiatry or a psychologist I am not sure.

Hank2211 from African Hunting is a lawyer in Calgary, but I don't think he has a general practice. Corporate law?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok guys, some of you are acting as if having a dui or criminal record or outstanding warrant and being denied entry to a sovereign foreign country is a big surprise.

What do you think happens when a foreign citizen with the same issues tries to enter the USA? THEY ARE DENIED ENTRY!

Doesn't matter if you drive or fly, if you have not been pardoned, you will not be allowed in.

Last edited by AB2506; 09/24/18.
B
BobMt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AB2506
Ok guys, some of you are acting as if having a dui or criminal record or outstanding warrant and being denied entry to a sovereign foreign country is a big surprise.

What do you think happens when a foreign citizen with the same issues tries to enter the USA? THEY ARE DENIED ENTRY!

Doesn't matter if you drive or fly, if you have not been pardoned, you will not be allowed in.

I don't have a problem being denied, your country your rules......just need a lawyer...….bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wysongdog

No. Not unless you go through the proper channels/paperwork.

I have twice been in airport customs - once in SK, the other in AB where someone in front of me got denied entry due to DUI on record.
Frankly, I can't believe there are outiftters out there that don't make this readily apparent to each prospective hunter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wysongdog

Nope & not just for hunting & fishing ! Rule out vacations / travel too.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One of my ex brother-in-laws got turned away at the border for that last year. The rest of the group went through and he hired a local to drive him to Minneapolis to get a rental car . The hell of it , he had been up there fishing 2 times before and he had no problems. DUI was about 18 years prior.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Twenty years ago when I was still an animal control officer we made the regional news, or at least our tickets did.

First the 17 year old boy who stayed at home while his family was on summer vacation. He let the cat out and it was trapped and taken to the pound. He bailed it out and was issued a $25 fine. The kid never told his parents and never paid the fine. Fast forward to Christmas and the whole family is heading to Disneyworld. The 17 year old was denied entry to the USA at the airport because the ticket had gone to warrant. They had to get an aunt to pick the kid up while the rest of the family enjoyed Disneyworld.

It's pretty popular for skiers to take a bus tour for the weekend to Whitefish Montana. Taking the bus allows them to drink all the way. They arrive at the border crossing before it closes for the night around 1130 PM. There is literally nothing at that crossing. The US border agents run every name and found one guy had a warrant for a $25 cat ticket. He was denied entry to the US and was left on the side of the road while the bus continued on to Whitefish. He had to call a friend to come down from Calgary to pick him up. About a 3 hour wait on a cool/cold night.

If you have a conviction, get a pardon. Clear your warrants. Enjoy your trip.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.