Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I seriously doubt if they put them there to protect the interests of Africans.

https://bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-national-byo-143959.html

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
China is looking decades ahead on the issue of stockpiling critical resources. Like near all third world countries, they have no issues with paying off controlling officials. Just one of the costs of doing business.

1Minute
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
They've also built an impressive power plant in South Africa solely to generate electricity for an industrial plant they're building there.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/t...res-why-its-an-irrational-project-2018-9

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It is seriously starting to look like the West and Russia against China and the rest.

What irritates me is the West has and is paying for the military build up.

And when it hits the West is going to find out just how many insurgents are already here. When I was driving the Countrylink coach I noted that an awful lot of the Chinese "workers" that were coming here were big and strong with a clean-cut disciplined bearing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
American politicians are looking ahead at what's needed to win the next election in two or four years.

The Chinese have their strategy planned out to 2050 or so, if not further...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
they wanted Australia, but I guess they will settle to take Africa

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Competition for African Costco? smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I don't know what is going to be more amusing, the Chinese finding out about the African work ethic, or the Africans finding out how big the Chinese are on racism.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
they wanted Australia, but I guess they will settle to take Africa

Ask Sam Dastyari how Australians feel about Chinese influence.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I don't know what is going to be more amusing, the Chinese finding out about the African work ethic, or the Africans finding out how big the Chinese are on racism.

I worked with Chinese for awhile.

Most racist people I'd ever seen or even heard of.

They won't mess around with the natives. They'll kill 'em. Those they don't kill, they will put to work for a bowl of noodles a day as pay.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

It doesn't sound like the Chinese are planning on employing the Africans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[
they wanted Australia

A coworker was in western Australia recently on mine restoration issues and said near all mineral exports are headed for China with almost a continuous line of ships extending over the horizon.

Last edited by 1minute; 09/12/18.

1Minute
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The Chinese promise the world then import Chinese to do the work, when they leave they take everything including the railway tracks.

Those poor bloody Africans are going to get a shafting like they have never experienced...the rich ones will go to Europe on the Chinese bribes.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

The Chinese promise the world then import Chinese to do the work, when they leave they take everything including the railway tracks.

Those poor bloody Africans are going to get a shafting like they have never experienced...the rich ones will go to Europe on the Chinese bribes.

I don't think China is planning on leaving. I think they're planning on the Africans leaving.

It will be fun to watch when the African "government" decides to nationalize all of the development that China places there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I don't think China is planning on leaving. I think they're planning on the Africans leaving.

It will be fun to watch when the African "government" decides to nationalize all of the development that China places there.

They will be shocked when they find that the Chinese cannot be embarrassed into meekly capitulating...best bet they have is to tell all their tribes that the Chinese taste like chicken.

Probably shouldn't mention that to obama though as I suspect his knees couldn't take the strain.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
South Africa only "thinks" it's experienced apartheid.

Once the Chinese get established in South Africa, apartheid will mean that all blacks will be forbidden from even entering the Chinese enclaves. Any who attempt to will be planted unceremoniously into the ground.

The African Continent will belong to China by 2100,....maybe even sooner.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Once the Chinese get established in South Africa, apartheid will mean that all blacks will be forbidden from even entering the Chinese enclaves. Any who attempt to will be planted unceremoniously into the ground.

China is welcome to it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
China is negotiating with Duterte to share in oil and gas in the South Chia Sea . China is claiming all the South China Sea, as they have been ramping up defenses there.

The US has refused to clarify if the countries' Mutual Defense Treaty would apply to an attack on Philippine troops or vessels.

The Chinks are willing to spend billions on Philippine development, and with US attitude leaves Duterte little or no choice but to allow the Chinks in.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

China is welcome to it.

Maybe so. But in a sense, Africa is the last frontier. I doubt that the surface of its natural resources have been scratched. Uranium mining is already established in Africa,...all types of metals,..and the fun will begin when the Chinese start pulling oil out of its ground.

It's difficult to look ahead and not seeing China becoming the dominant power on the planet. If they integrate the African Continent into their country China could very well be a world power like the world has never seen.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It's difficult to look ahead and not seeing China becoming the dominant power on the planet. If they integrate the African Continent into their country China could very well be a world power like the world has never seen.

Only if they win the war.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7887mm08, 44mc, Amos63, 3dtestify, 35, 8MMX57JS, 8 invisible), 977 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,207
Posts18,524,265
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.