Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
"Hanson for years woke up as early as 4 a.m. to make sure wildfowl hunters on the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge didn’t accidentally kill protected animals or use more bullets than they were allotted."

Can any of you from the left coast tell me how many bullets you were allotted for your duck hunts?

To discourage sky busting, many NWR's in California limit hunters to 25 steel shells (not bullets) in the field at any one time.

"Sky busting". Now that is really stuid. I've never heard the term and could care less how much ammo a duck hunter carries.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They never did anything but ride around and get paid to write people tickets for stupid stuff anyway. What are they gonna do now?

That has been my observation as well. We have a refuge here and some family land adjoins part of it. These people have been ridiculous in their Ninja attitudes.

More winning.

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
More background information would be good. My first reaction is, that this is to remove a bunch of people from the LEO retirement system who shouldn't be eligible in the first place. Hell, I don't think managers (desk jockeys) in any of the Law Enforcement agencies should be eligible for LEO retirement, that should only be for field agents.

Dale

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I loved this:
The program also didn’t cost the FWS any additional money, as dual-officers were not paid for their law enforcement role but were trained just as much as a full-time officer and had to undergo classes annually.

That training, and maintenance thereof, as well as all the LEO gear associated with it costs some serious money.

I have only heard about badge-heavy refuge LE. No personal experience.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They never did anything but ride around and get paid to write people tickets for stupid stuff anyway. What are they gonna do now?

Sounds like now they will ride around and get paid to not write tickets.

I didn't interpret the position going away, just the law enforcement power.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
These are the guys who sit on the extreme edge of refuge around here right next to a railroad right of way. There is about a 100yd section of refuge land that the people riding jeeps and sidexsides have to cut through to get to a paved road and onother section on the side of a brige that is refuge. These jackazzes pull their truck down between the berms by the bridge and write dui's and wilderness truspass tickets on fall weekends. This is not an area there is any wildlife in other than a few lizards and some rabbits. Other than old salt cedar trees there is no vegetation. Yet these [bleep] write tickets to people just out enjoying the desert.

Phugg em

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Best news all damn day.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sounds lovely.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
According to the article linked above, will strip 51 employees of their dual status responsibility.... 51 employees across 562 wildlife refuges... Zero impact to more than 90% of wildlife refuges ??? ... Slow news day ??? ... If this the worst that they can dig up on Trump today, then more winning ! ... MAGA ! ! !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Orion2000
According to the article linked above, will strip 51 employees of their dual status responsibility.... 51 employees across 562 wildlife refuges... Zero impact to more than 90% of wildlife refuges ??? ... Slow news day ??? ... If this the worst that they can dig up on Trump today, then more winning ! ... MAGA ! ! !

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty one-sided article. Wonder what the flip side is?

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

This bit of info really screws up the planned trophy coyote hunt!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

This bit of info really screws up the planned trophy coyote hunt!

You can sit on the edge and call to your hearts content.

And it works. wink

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Use more bullets than they are allotted? No thank you

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Use more bullets than they are allotted? No thank you

No officer these are pills.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've been around a refuge or two and I still don't know what this news is supposed to mean.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by deflave
I've been around a refuge or two and I still don't know what this news is supposed to mean.

Near as I can tell, it means that one or more Refuge Managers got badge happy with some people with connections. Easiest fix was to jerk the enforcement authority from all the part-timers. Now they can concentrate on their real job (if you want to call that a real job) instead of running around and playing 'possum sheriff all day.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The refuge fish cops around here are the craziest nazis you have ever seen. I have seen them set up roadblocks on the local bird refuge to catch hunters that don't have their shotguns in cases in the vehicles.

I got a $100+ ticket once for 'not parking between the signs' because 6 inches of my rear bumper was past the sign, and there was no place left to park.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Those jackasses are the badge heaviest idiots around. At one WMA close to where I live the new opossum cop from Iowa or some other communist country took the sign-in list and took the trouble to run the record of every single person who signed in over the weekend. If he found anyone with a felony record, he was trying to get the local feds interested in busting them for being felons possession. The local FBI told him to cool it before they ended up investigating his untimely death.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In Texas this decision has also moved the draw hunt process on the National Wildlife Refuge to the Texas Parks & Wildlife.

Ive never missed getting drawn. It was always a well kept secret, a veritable honey hole. Now, if too many people catch on I may never get drawn again. Don’t like that.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,244 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.