Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 41rem
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
The Burris Signatures are no question tougher, clearer, brighter and better than any Leupold.
I still laugh that I can compare a 1990's vintage Burris Sig to any leupold including the newer VX3 models (pre- VX3i) and come away thinking the Burris has better glass.

+1

I looked @ ALL the 1" scopes back in the late 1990's & went with the Signature Select 3-10 x40mm when upgrading the optics on my 270 Winchester. It beat out the Leuplod VX-III 3.5-10 & the Zeiss Conquest in my taste test. Still very happy with it & still mounted up 😎

It'd funny the differences people experience. I went to buy a new scope in the early 90s and decides between the Burris Fullfield and the Leupold Vari-X III. The Burris was a little brighter , but the Leupold was much sharper. Unfortunately no one carries Burris nearby to compare these days.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine came in today, I have to say it does look really nice and I really think I'm going to like this reticle! Mine looks a little different than the others i have seen in pics, it wears the newer Burris logo on the eye piece and doesn't have anything on the battery cap.

This might be being a little too picky at this price but one thing that surprised me was that it didn't come with any sort of scope caps. I don't think I've ever bought a scope that didn't come with some sort of cover...

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t want to dis Leupold scopes since I have had excellent service from the ones I have. Just not sure about buying any more since there are so many great options out there. I have been pleased with every Burris that I own. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Would love to see comparison with the Styrka.

Last edited by kenjs1; 10/03/18.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just mounted mine. Digging it so far, only complaint is the magnification ring is a bit large, couldn't mount it quite as far forward as I would like because it was contacting the Talley base.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I ordered one last Friday. With the illuminated dot it should be sweet for NH woods hunting. The price is sweet, and my last Leupold experience was rather disappointing, so I was ready to branch out a bit anyways. I'm pretty pumped to mess around with the #4 reticle, so hopefully I like it as much as you alll have! I'm going to toss it on a Ruger American Compact LH stainless .308 I just bought off gunbroker, so hopefully she's rugged since it's going on my beater rifle! If I like it enough I'll probably snag another one to replace a Nikon fixed 4x I have on another rifle.

For Butler Creek scope caps, does #13 on the eyepiece and #27 on the objective sound right? I am going off of the specs from SWFA, and that seems to jive, but I don't have the scope in my hands yet to actually measure the eyepiece and objective diameter yet. Could one of you fine gents throw some calipers on there so I can order the right scope covers?

This isn't 'Nam Donny, there are RULES...
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am pretty sure the Objective is a 24 but i will look and see. I just put a set on mine. As far as comparison with a VX3 I would say that it is more comparable to a vx1 if that. I have several of each. The only down side I see with scope is the outside of view at 9 power is blurry. On the lower powers not noticeable but on 9 power it is noticeable. No blurry outside image on any Leupold I have ever owned. I mounted scope in a set of low DNZ ring/base and the large horizontal adjustment cap seems to get in the way of clean ejection on the spent 20 gauge shot shells out of my Savage 220, but it is not the easiest ejecting firearm I have ever dealt with. I do like the scope and I really like the lighted reticle.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
25 obj to be exact. Fits perfect and yes 13 eye.

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I appreciate it! Thanks, guys.

This isn't 'Nam Donny, there are RULES...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

407 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 222Sako, 10ring1, 219DW, 34 invisible), 2,038 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,776
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.