Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
CRAZY here. Billion dollars?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Certainly a pile of money. What % does the winner actually get to keep? In Canada there are no taxes on lottery winnings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What would you do with it? wink single winning ticket in your hand....now what?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Just a swag, but looks like ~ 50%

No idea what to do with that much money. Maybe blow a few million on stuf, take care of relatives and friends, donate to medical research, help out disaster recovery efforts, then who knows. Somehow lawyers would get a slice,

Last edited by crowmagnum; 10/19/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll never know. Have NEVER bought a ticket.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'd buy LBK's collection...... grin

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by diamondjim
I'd buy LBK's collection...... grin

Jim,

My collection is nothing more than other;s cast off's. The REAL collections are a little north of me, and a little east of me. Now THOSE are collections. Mine is an accumulation. But Thanks for the compliment.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ya gotta play to win!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It isn't about winning necessarily. It's about the dreams one conjures up while anticipating the drawing. That $2 ticket is a cheap price to pay for entry in the "What would I do with all that money" sweepstakes going on in my mind. And in the end someone will win the pot of gold and actually get to realize those dreams, and that someone could be me as easily as anyone else. But neither will happen if the ticket isn't bought.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I play EVERY day and I WIN every day. NOTHING in my life would I change. I look at the lottery as I do most things as politics, professional sports, and lately even religious organizations. Graft and corruption. I want no part of it.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What would I do with a billion bucks, hmmm. Maybe contract with someone to produce some of the 99 projects that have been talked about on this forum. Maybe something like the short action illustrated in Murray’s book chambered in a pistol cartridge like 44 mag... With the rest I might use it to do some good for this world and secure a financially independent future for myself. I could find things to do.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillR
Certainly a pile of money. What % does the winner actually get to keep? In Canada there are no taxes on lottery winnings.

There are income taxes on lottery winnings in the U.S., certainly Federal at 39.6% and whatever rate individual States collect.

No matter what U.S. State a single winner lived in, he/she would come away with a life changing windfall of around $300M that, if properly managed, would be self sustaining for the winner's family for generations. An experienced tax attorney could probably set up charitable trusts to shelter some portion of the money to avoid paying the full tax rate and the winner would be prudent to put the money into a trust, or multiple trusts, that couldn't be claimed by divorcing spouses or unknown children somewhere down the road.

At a nominal 4% ROR, $300M would generate approximately $12M annually and net to appoximately $6.8M. An annual pool of $6.8M in available funds would allow the winner to draw around $18,000 per day, 365 days per year, without ever touching the principal. After you bought all the stuff that you've always wanted but couldn't afford, most people wouldn't be able to spend $18,000 per day without a lot of help. That said, lottery winners find that they have friends and family that they had never heard of, as there will be a small army of people looking for a handout.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
260Remguy - wow, you want to do my taxes next year? Just kidding but I’m impressed!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd buy Loggah's collection.Might have to ad a few dollar's.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've personally known TWO people that won the lottery. A million and a few hundred thousand. It could happen.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If a condition for accepting the money was that I had to spend every nickel within one week I could do it. Heck, I could probably do it in a day.

Rory, I'll give you $100,000,000 for that magic EG.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well crap, I'll make ya a deal to beat that one. How about two magic EGs for the price of one!

"Klaatu barada nikto"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Throw in either the Savage Enfield No.4MKI or the M1903 NRA Sporter and you got a deal. I have to keep enough left over for the Ferrari, yacht, and hookers in Monte Carlo.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I never believed the person who said they would not change their lives if they won the lottery. I think that idea would last as about as long as the first day they didn't want to get out of bed to go to work. The lottery would change my life in huge ways - and maybe even present an opportunity to help change other things for the better.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I would buy up a couple of these rotten liberal newsmedia outlets and turn them conservative,radio,tv, whatever i could. might buy the dodge rifles ! grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (01Foreman400, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.