Print Thread
Hop To
R
Rman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Geez! Enough already! Kute has his opinions, as do all of the rest of you, I've been reading them for quite some time now. He is entitled to them, as everyone else is entitled to theirs. I agree with some of the stuff he says, and disagree with some of it as well. But I don't feel the need to resort to calling him, or anyone else, names, or pick a fight. I exercise my right as a Canadian to MOVE ON!!! I get really tired of reading a bunch of guys calling each other racist this, bigot that. If you don't know where these guys ( more than just kute ) stand on these issues by now, then bugger off!!! All of you!! I mean it!! It just gets silly and almost embarrassing. There is a lot of collective knowledge out there, fella's. How 'bout we concentrate on that. NO ONE is going to change ANYONE'S mind about the opinions they have. So why clutter up a hunting/shooting forum with this garbage. I, and many others I'm sure, have lots of questions that all of you may, or may not have the answers to regarding HUNTING and SHOOTING. Can't we just stick to that.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
In my estimation, Gummi Bears are missing. That, and the good sense that God gave most men. In a moment, the rest of the story...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rman,

you are absolutely right. Life is too short to waste any more time on this subject. People will always disagree with each other. That is a good system of checks and balances.

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Freedom is difficult, inconvenient, evanescent and entails unpleasant aspects of reality that many, if not most, of us often prefer to ignore or avoid. That is why so many Canucks have this sense that "something" is not quite right here in "The Great White North", but, are not certain what that is and are afraid to challenge the "status quo" to fix the problem.

I have found that blunt honesty and genuine patriotism are very unpopular in contemporary Canada. Many people, who cannot honestly debate controversial issues, will avoid demonstrating their fear of ridicule and banishment from the "in group" by resorting to outraged screams about "red herring" issues, such as "racism".

I also think that there has been a not-quite-hidden agenda here for the past 3-4 months as I have said and the upsurge in nasty posts and evasion of simple questions by "lurkers" who seldom posted before this demonstrates said agenda. Making inaccurate and very offensive comments about my wife, for example, is one thing that I see as an indication of the source of the trouble....ironic, all things considered.

It will, IMHO, blow over as the troublemakers will get bored and return to their usual haunts and we will be able to enjoy this forum as we are wont to do. Ignoring these guys is the best policy as none of them, by their own admission, is interested in debate, only in advancing the phoney agenda we have endured for the past while. Hang in there and it will soon be over.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Rman
So why clutter up a hunting/shooting forum with this garbage. I, and many others I'm sure, have lots of questions that all of you may, or may not have the answers to regarding HUNTING and SHOOTING. Can't we just stick to that.

The "ignore" feature is a great thing. Can really improve one's enjoyment and blood pressure on internet forums.

Rob

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I think that this forum is not ONLY about actual hunting and fishing, but, should be a venue for discussion of various issues related to these pursuits. This includes special "harvesting" rights based on race, gun-control problems and the problems in this country that tend to destroy our freedom to hunt, fish, gain access to ANY job we are suited for and to remember those who sleep in foreign fields who made all of this possible.

If, you check the "Hunter's Campfire", you will find disagreements every bit a harsh as anything I have seen here, however, I think that Americans tend to value freedom of speech more than many Canucks do and so they respect this among others, even if they disagree with them.

I would hate to see this forum closed or degraded by those who appear to have only one reason for being here, especially since no opportunity for discussion like this now exists in Canada. So, my thoughts are that those of us who regularly participate here should simply keep it together and realize that the troublemakers will not stay here long. Hope that this all works out as this IS the best forum going, IMHO.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 68 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,355
Posts18,488,003
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.