Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
it appears like canada has joined with the chicoms to endanger American nuke subs.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...se-underwater-monitoring-devices-next-us

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
oh well

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The fire is busy deciding who's the tallest and arguing over Sierra bullets and spike deer.

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it appears like canada has joined with the chicoms to endanger American nuke subs.

It would seem to me these devices could be easily found and destroyed. So could Canada.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The US has been deploying and improving the SOSUS monitoring network since about 1952. That the potstickers would seek to do similar is hardly shocking. The canucks using chink made sensors will provide fuel to the paranoid, perhaps our neighbors to the north are afraid we will use our subs to steal their snow.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The US has been deploying and improving the SOSUS monitoring network since about 1952. That the potstickers would seek to do similar is hardly shocking. The canucks using chink made sensors will provide fuel to the paranoid, perhaps our neighbors to the north are afraid we will use our subs to steal their snow.

mike r

considering who is running Canada now, I think the possibility of data being sent to china is not 'paranoid', but a serious consideration.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

It would seem to me these devices could be easily found and destroyed. So could Canada.

How'd that work out for you last time ?

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To be perfectly honest, some Americans are morons.

Perhaps we should be concerned about the OP monitoring a Chinese newspaper to even find the article?

I only had to read the first line to question the veracity. Never heard of "Ocean Networks Canada". No mention of the Canadian Government. Googled ONC, found that it us a private organization linked or part of the University of Victoria. ONC solicits funds to operate. Think of the U of Vic as Canada's Berkley. Get the picture?

For a nation that is trying to tear itself apart, you all are quick to cast aspersions on your neighbor.

Last edited by AB2506; 10/22/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty easy to readjust the aim of a couple of nukes.........

Rational citizens in Canada know that The United States keeps Canada safe. Mr well dressed F-a-g in Canada is trying to make a point with Trump but it's going to backfire on him.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Fake news designed to stir up a hornet's nest with Canada.

We make great neighbors and I'm proud of it.

Too bad some are gullible enough to feel threatened by our northern brethren, after reading the article.

The media will have you believe the Chinese are beyond the power of any country in the world and we should all throw in the towel and bow down to our Beijing overlords. Nice overflowing crock of shhit.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Only criticism of the Canucks from my viewpoint is the terrible choices made by their voting block.

Then again, the US has no room to talk in that regard.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think the news article is fake news. Never heard of anything like that or Ocean Networks Canada. Why in the H would we do anything to put our greatest allies subs or anything else at risk.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

With one exception, Canadians are great people.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saskfox
I think the news article is fake news. Never heard of anything like that or Ocean Networks Canada. Why in the H would we do anything to put our greatest allies subs or anything else at risk.

It really ain't that hard to use Google............See not that Tuff!

They really should have the Chinese help them with the front page of their site.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I once had a Canadian army officer tell me straight to my face that if Canada invaded us they would win.

I told him that he could bring the entire Canadian military down through Minnesota and just the hunters would have enough ammo to bury them before they made it past my Dad's farm in central MN.

He couldn't understand why I believed it. Most states wouldn't even have to call in the national guard against Canada's army....

https://www.globalfirepower.com/cou...ted-states-of-america&Submit=COMPARE

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
They have some world class shooters. I'm glad we're on the same side. We should keep it that way.

lightman
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by lightman
They have some world class shooters. I'm glad we're on the same side. We should keep it that way.

Their current PM, Justin Trudeau, is a certified Post-Marxist, Neo-Marxist commie.

He is not our friend.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shucks, just make a trip to Toronto or Vancouver, and you realize that the Chinese ARE Canada........

Just kidding. Kinda wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Talenel
I once had a Canadian army officer tell me straight to my face that if Canada invaded us they would win.

I told him that he could bring the entire Canadian military down through Minnesota and just the hunters would have enough ammo to bury them before they made it past my Dad's farm in central MN.

He couldn't understand why I believed it. Most states wouldn't even have to call in the national guard against Canada's army....

https://www.globalfirepower.com/cou...ted-states-of-america&Submit=COMPARE

Our military is not very big, but some of our equipment is world class, while others is dated.

The Canuck Officer may have believed that a force of equal size, the Canadians would win. Why? In those Top Gun competitions, it is not uncommon for a Canadian pilot to win it while flying a 40 year old CF18 (Hornet). Also, on some joint exercises, it is not uncommon for Canadian regular army to defeat US Army Rangers. Where we would get our asses handed to us would be when armor is introduced. While we have upgraded to Leopard II, they are no competition for the M1 Abrams. We do have LAVs, (we make them), but that is not enough.

Let's face it, Canada is dependent on the USA to defend us. That does not mean that our small forces are not competent and fight above their weight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4winds
Only criticism of the Canucks from my viewpoint is the terrible choices made by their voting block.

Then again, the US has no room to talk in that regard.

Amen.

Unfortunately, Quebec, Ontario and BC dictate who wins our election, we do not have an electoral college. It is like whoever won New York, Florida and California determined your President.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 2500HD, 222Sako, 219DW, 49 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,391
Posts18,506,846
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.