Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Has anyone dealt with McMillan’s CS on any issue with their stock? Just curious as a stock i purchased awhile back but never used has some sort of sticky residue leaking through in the barrel channel and some small pits forming. They told me to send it in for inspection. Just curious as to what i might expect. My plan was to sell this stock and re-order another in different colors for a short action but i cant sell it like this.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
They took care if me a few years back. Excellent cs experience

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like something didn't cure out and harden properly. I can't imagine them not taking care of it if that is the problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They'll fix ya right up. Could be 2 weeks or 6 months but they'll make it right.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My one interaction with McMillan's customer service wasn't great. I bought a stock off their internet specials and before buying it, I specifically asked (via email) what the LOP was and was told 13.5". When it arrived, it was closer to 11.5". I called and they said to send it back and they would issue a refund. They did issue a refund for the stock, but not for the shipping, so it cost me around $70 to look at the stock. Even when I pointed out that I had specifically asked about the LOP and had been given incorrect information by McM, the CSR told me that I was lucky to get any refund on an internet special. I used to buy 3 or 4 McM stocks each year, but have only bought 2 since they chose not to take care of this customer. It appears as though McM has so much business that they feel that they can afford to alienate customers.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My one interaction with McMillan's customer service wasn't great. I bought a stock off their internet specials and before buying it, I specifically asked (via email) what the LOP was and was told 13.5". When it arrived, it was closer to 11.5". I called and they said to send it back and they would issue a refund. They did issue a refund for the stock, but not for the shipping, so it cost me around $70 to look at the stock. Even when I pointed out that I had specifically asked about the LOP and had been given incorrect information by McM, the CSR told me that I was lucky to get any refund on an internet special. I used to buy 3 or 4 McM stocks each year, but have only bought 2 since they chose not to take care of this customer. It appears as though McM has so much business that they feel that they can afford to alienate customers.

$70 in shipping?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Did you not buy with a credit card?

When you purchase with a credit card the merchant is bound to the terms of the CC, regardless of what BS they have as their "policy".

If it's not too long ago you can still have the charges for shipping from McMillan reversed, nothing they can do about it. You can also return your shipment COD. Those are the terms the merchant agreed to when they agreed to allow CC's to be used.

David

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Higbean

$70 in shipping?

They deducted $55 for shipping it to me and I paid USPS $15 to ship it back to them.

I didn't really care about the money, it was the fact that I asked for clarification about the LOP before I bought it and they gave me incorrect information that prompted me to make the purchase. Since it was their error, I felt that they should refund the full amount and reimburse me for the return shipping. I was particularly annoyed by the CSR telling me that I was lucky to get any refund at all on an internet special. I have around 70 McMillan stocks, but I'm not rushing out to buy them as often as I did between 2000 and 2015. I did recently order 4 stocks from them, 'cause I wanted those rifle set up as close to identical as possible, except for the scopes.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Birddogcatfish
They took care if me a few years back. Excellent cs experience

Had on Edge-fill tactical stock, can't remember the model off-hand, that had a cure issue and split under recoil.

I sent pictures to McMillan of the issue, they wanted the stock ASAP - not sure what the issue was, but it definitely had their full attention.

I paid shipping back to them, they replaced it with a solid color of my choice and paid shipping back to me, turn around was 2-3 weeks IIRC.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My first mcmillan I had an issue. They replaced it which took about 4 months. Had nothing but great experiences since. I’ve probably bought 8 or so total.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I sent them an 80's weatherby fibermark stock that developed a crack in the webbing behind the recoil lug. They fixed it and had it back in less then a week. More then 30 year old stock BTW

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I've only bought one McMillan stock. Unfortunately, I had to send it back twice cause it wasn't inletted correctly. Customer service was excellent, however, I shouldn't have needed it. I guess a Model Seven is too exotic for them. Lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I've only bought one McMillan stock. Unfortunately, I had to send it back twice cause it wasn't inletted correctly. Customer service was excellent, however, I shouldn't have needed it. I guess a Model Seven is too exotic for them. Lol

I had the same problem with McMillan and a model Seven. They did get mine right after the second trip back...

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My experience with CS at McMillan is that they have been more than stellar. And I got a free t-shirt out of it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Had a similar issue to others that were told they wouldn’t cover shipping back to them or return shipping to me with one I ordered that had the action hole spacing off (rifle was in a different McM stock prior to the new stock, so I didn’t buy their “must be your action, NO WAY that we can get hole spacing off”...).

After some “persuasion”, they agreed to paying shipping both ways to correct it. So my experience hasn’t been stellar.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had a slight issue with a new one I bought through this website. They emailed me a return shipping label and had the stock back to me in about a month. Cost me nothing and made me a believer in them. Plus the stock is great.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 25 invisible), 1,910 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,485
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.