-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine appeared to have been used as a wheel chock for the mail truck. However, the box that mattered on the inside was unsmashed.

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Mine arrived yesterday. Great deal!
Thanks again for the heads-up!

Z
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Z
Received mine yesterday as well.

broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

Originally Posted by boatboy
I got mine no wonder the post office is loosing $$$
It was sent in a USPS box thats fine but the packing for the box was 6 USPS flat rate padded envelopes

I am sure those cost the post office something with no return
Hank

HaHa! Mine was same way.

+4....

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by MacAtack
Mine was packed the same way and yes just got off the phone with Luepold and it is legit.

The guy that I talked to at Leupold said that there are China knockoffs of their scopes out there and to beware of low priced ones. I told him the price on this scope and he suggested staying away, that it was probably a Leupold clone.

Just telling you what I was told.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RockJock
I told him the price on this scope and he suggested staying away, that it was probably a Leupold clone.

For the benefit of y'alls bank accounts and psyche, PLEASE - stay away from these things in the future! I will take one for the team and hoard every one of them up until the rafters sag above the living room. Someday my kids will realize how long ago my mind really went, as they swelter in the 150° August heat up there cleaning all this garbage out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I received mine a couple days ago, was amazed at how quickly they got it to me. Haven't removed it from the box yet to make sure it's the real thing, but I'm not too worried. I've purchased Leupolds from the same seller in the past with no issues. I asked Leupold once about a scope on eBay, and I was told to never buy Leupold scopes from eBay.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did anyone else receive one with a CDS dial? I was not expecting that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Did anyone else receive one with a CDS dial? I was not expecting that.

Mine didn't, you must have gotten lucky.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe mine was a super special fake!!

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by bdan68
I received mine a couple days ago, was amazed at how quickly they got it to me. Haven't removed it from the box yet to make sure it's the real thing, but I'm not too worried. I've purchased Leupolds from the same seller in the past with no issues. I asked Leupold once about a scope on eBay, and I was told to never buy Leupold scopes from eBay.

Never to buy low priced Leupolds on eBay for a reason. That's where you find all the China Clones's.

I asked a question to the seller if he would guarantee that the scope was not a knockoff, I haven't heard back from him as of yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dude, they're not fakes

You must be a dealer

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I got mine, its not a fake.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bdan68

Never to buy low priced Leupolds on eBay for a reason. That's where you find all the China Clones's.

I asked a question to the seller if he would guarantee that the scope was not a knockoff, I haven't heard back from him as of yet.

I dont blame you for being concerned about the product being legit... I would be too. But I have been buying on forums and on line long enough to know that a seller with feedback like this guy is almost certainly not going to pass off clones and ruin his business. If he had little or no feedback, or did not specialize in sporting goods, I would be concerned. In this instance, I am not concerned enough to risk $250 bucks. I have been buying VX-2 scopes for $79 bucks on clearance, Monarchs at $99, Walmart had the Weatherby rifles at $249 and $349. There are clearance and closeout deals all over the place for crazy prices. People find a way to offer products for a great price at the end of the year. I dont know how it came to be, but I risked my money for one.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I would wager the scope I have on the way that the seller is buying overstock from an "authorized" dealer who is forced to buy more than they can sell in order to be an "authorized" dealer.

You probably won't have to worry about buying cheap scopes much longer from this seller though since every person who calls Leupold and gives them a serial number helps Leupold track down serial number blocks that went to an "authorized" dealer who isn't abiding by their "reseller" or "Minimum Pricing" and they will shut that outlet down eventually.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Deleted

Last edited by Boonechaser; 10/31/18.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

5 total post and at least 4 are on this thread! Continuing to claim they must be Chinese knockoffs even after repeated and I mean REPEATED assurances, they are legit.

YOU MUST BE A DEALER!

You’re annoying please go away!

Thanks for the heads up Broomd

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Boonechaser

5 total post and at least 4 are on this thread! Continuing to claim they must be Chinese knockoffs even after repeated and I mean REPEATED assurances, they are legit.

YOU MUST BE A DEALER!

You’re annoying please go away!

Thanks for the heads up Broomd

X2! Its amazing that just because the seller is running a deal and probably clearing out some inventory that everyone thinks these are fake. I have dealt with this seller more than 10 times in the past few years and everything has always been 100% legit. The guy has sold over 135,000 items on ebay with a 99.6% positive feedback rating so this guy isnt going to screw anyone.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll stop beating this dead horse after this post. As I and others mentioned earlier in this thread, the seller was / is only a few dollars cheaper than other web based outlets. It was the ADDITIONAL 10% discount given by EBAY that sweetened the deal and made it seem like it was too good to be true. Had it not been for the ADDITIONAL EBAY discount you would probably never have seen a thread on this nor the 4 pages trying to explain it.

Over the heads of some - and I do not apologize. Keep burying your heads in the sand!!!

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 69 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,092
Posts18,482,970
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.