-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So awhile ago I bought one of the Universal hand priming tools from RCBS. I set it up for small primers when I got it. Today I went to convert it to large primers and of course, I can't find the parts. I am sure they are in my reloading room somewhere, just not where my age addled brain can remember.

So I tried to buy the parts from RCBS but couldn't find them on their website. So I put in a request through their customer service portal asking how I could order the parts. I got a note back saying they were shipping the parts out for free.

Outstanding service.

Regards,

Tom
HR IC

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My experience as well...

Same with Dillon.

DF

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The customer service all others is compared with! Redding is good to go also.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a hodge-podge of different dies. But other than custom or specialty (bench rest) dies I've bought lately, they all have been coming in a green box. RCBS has excellent service, that's why.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I had excellent experience with them as well. Had a 30-06 die that was my uncles from 30+ years ago that I was using to load some ammo for my dad. Here the case mouth wasn't getting sized to spec, it as like .311. I sent it back into them and they mailed me a brand new one.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They have given me free parts also. Not so with Dillon.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I echo that RCBS is first rate in terms of customer service. I will say that my one and only experience with Redding was not so. I have a .300 Winchester Mag. seating die that a factory case will not fully fit in. As such I cannot seat bullets properly for reloading. I explained to the customer service and they wanted me to send multiple cases, the die, etc.. back to them so they could evaluate it. I explained that it was not an issue with the cases as again a new factory loaded case would not enter either. I have as yet to send it back as I was frustrated with the interaction and I know what would have happened had it been RCBS.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DBrink
I echo that RCBS is first rate in terms of customer service. I will say that my one and only experience with Redding was not so. I have a .300 Winchester Mag. seating die that a factory case will not fully fit in. As such I cannot seat bullets properly for reloading. I explained to the customer service and they wanted me to send multiple cases, the die, etc.. back to them so they could evaluate it. I explained that it was not an issue with the cases as again a new factory loaded case would not enter either. I have as yet to send it back as I was frustrated with the interaction and I know what would have happened had it been RCBS.

I had a similar experience with Redding. Sent them die, several fired pieces of brass and when die came back it was doing the exact same thing.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
RCBS still hasn't cashed the $5 check I sent them in February to replace the bent/mangled decapping pin. The set was returned to me with polished dies, and 2 new decapping rods.

The nerve of some companies!

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll add to this........I was reloading some 243's several weeks ago, and noticed that the bullets were coming out with a dent in them. This was a set of dies that I bought back around 1980 or so. I pulled the seater plug out and it had a burr on it. Tried to get it out, but it was still putting a small dent in my bullets.

Tried to find someplace selling the bullet seater plug, but couldn't. Called RCBS, and in less than 5 minutes, had one on the way at no charge. I have RCBS, Lyman, Hornady, and Lee dies, but prefer RCBS over all of them......for reasons just as this.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've had nothing but good luck with RCBS, REDDING, and whidden , great customer service

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have had good service from them also. I had a spring break last month on my bench priming tool I purchased in 1979 a quick phone call and they mailed both large and small primer plugs, springs and rod.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It's no surprise RCBS has some of the best customer service around. They have treated me right on a few occasions. Always went above and beyond what I was expecting. This is one of the main reasons I use and stick with RCBS. Besides their equipment always produces straight accurate ammo...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,189
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.