Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No, Jay Hernandez is no Tom Selleck, just as Jeff Bridges is no John Wayne. However, if you keep an open mind (I know, the horror), Jay Hernandez does make a pretty good Thomas Magnum, just like Jeff Bridges made a good Rooster Cogburn.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Short of some college football, my TV is either on Velocity or some cooking channel.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I haven't even seen the trailer, but when I read the guy was a midget and Higgins was a broad, I didn't even bother. Now I need to check out her rack...

Edited: just saw the trailer, WHAT TITS????

Atta boy.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I haven't even seen the trailer, but when I read the guy was a midget and Higgins was a broad, I didn't even bother. Now I need to check out her rack...

Edited: just saw the trailer, WHAT TITS????

Maybe she's not packing the big'uns............... but she's still a lot easier on the eyes than John Hillerman (Jonathan Quayle Higgins, III).

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just watched it. Nowhere close to the original in quality. Actually hard to keep my interest in it.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
MY wife and I watched 3 episodes and could not get into the show at all.All they did was ruin memories of a once good show.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I watched it for the first time last night. It is no where close to the original.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have tried to watch a couple episodes. Could not do it.

If I were twenty years old and had never seen Tom S on the screen this show might work. But no, I can not help but make the comparison and this one does not cut the mustard.

But then I hated the remake of True Grit for the same reason. All I could see were very poor imitations of John Wayne, Glen Campbell, and Kim Darby. The kids who had never seen the original True Grit loved the remake.

I have to agree with you, and note that they aren't making these reboots for the like of you and me.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AB2506
https://youtu.be/Xxyqc3Pqptw

Magnum PI is getting rebooted.

At first I couldn't imagine that it could equal the original, but maybe, after viewing the trailer it can do ok on its own merits. Jay Hernandez as Magnum seems to have a vibe that works. Only thing I don't like is Jay is only about 5'8". Tom Selleck is about 6'4". I don't mind Higgins being cast as a woman. Any male cast as Jonathan Quail Higgins would not have worked as the comparisons would be too great. However, Juliet Higgins is too attractive for some idiot writer not to get Higgins and Magnum together at some point.

I'm hopeful it works. Or I was until I read that it is produced by the clowns who have redone Hawaii 5O and McGuyver. Fingers crossed they play Magnum straight up, faithful to the original.

As per Jay Hernandez short comings. Tom Cruise did a credible job as Jack Reaches, even though as written, Jack Reacher is about 6'5" and at least 240lbs with fists as big as small hams.

I tried it and couldn't finish the first episode. It totally sucked, to me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Basic Hollywood white male cleansing reboot. Original Main character was white male , out . Main supporting character was white male , also out.

I've heard it referred to as social engineering . . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't watched network entertainment in over a decade. I don't need social reprogramming.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 34 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,982
Posts18,499,652
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.