Print Thread
Hop To
R
RMerta Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I live near a range that has PRS matches monthly. I would like to start shooting these type of events. I went to Whitaker’s a couple days ago to see what they have and to handle the rifles. They had several in stock. They had the Ruger in 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m looking at entry type rifles. I’ve researched the Tikka and Remington’s tactical rifles. I have yet to handle one of them.
Any thoughts or suggestions on a production rifle. I read several reviews on the Rugers and they seem very respected. I’m not sold on the Ruger as I’m just getting started kicking tires.
Thanks in advance!

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What's your budget?

Brett
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by RMerta
I live near a range that has PRS matches monthly. I would like to start shooting these type of events. I went to Whitaker’s a couple days ago to see what they have and to handle the rifles. They had several in stock. They had the Ruger in 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor. I’m looking at entry type rifles. I’ve researched the Tikka and Remington’s tactical rifles. I have yet to handle one of them.
Any thoughts or suggestions on a production rifle. I read several reviews on the Rugers and they seem very respected. I’m not sold on the Ruger as I’m just getting started kicking tires.
Thanks in advance!

You could do a lot worse than a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor topped with a Nightforce SHV-F1.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by RMerta
Thanks in advance!

You could do a lot worse than a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor topped with a Nightforce SHV-F1.

John

The one in the classifieds is a great deal...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

R
RMerta Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks guys! My budget is based on self restraint. I would like to start out with a production rifle and if all works out I will buy a top tier rifle or have one of my rifles customized.

R
RMerta Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Kingston I looked at several different Bergara models today at my local gun shop. I’m torn between the HMR version or the BMP. I handled both and really like them. I also handled a HMR Pro but not sure of the upgrades and price vs the HMR.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't shot a Bergera but I can't say enough good things about the Tikka CTR. That's what I'd start with, plenty of options to upgrade down the road.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
RMerta Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Wareagle I’m definitely going to check out the Tikka. I really like the Bergara HMR but in no hurry to make a purchase. Got a lot of homework to do.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 67 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,076
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.