Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
MEXICO CITY —The Trump administration has won the support of Mexico’s incoming government for a plan to remake U.S. border policy by requiring asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims move through U.S. courts, according to Mexican officials and senior members of President-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s transition team.

The agreement would break with long-standing asylum rules and place a formidable barrier in the path of Central American migrants attempting to reach the United States and escape poverty and violence. By reaching the accord, the Trump administration has also overcome Mexico’s historic reticence to deepen cooperation with the United States on an issue widely seen here as America’s problem.

“President Trump has developed a strong relationship with the incoming Lopez Obrador Administration, and we look forward to working with them on a wide range of issues,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement.
According to outlines of the plan, known as Remain in Mexico, asylum applicants at the border will have to stay in Mexico while their cases are processed, potentially ending the system, which Trump decries as “catch and release,” that has generally allowed those seeking refuge to wait on safer U.S. soil.

“For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico,” said Olga Sánchez Cordero, Mexico’s incoming interior minister, the top domestic policy official for López Obrador, who takes office Dec. 1. In an interview with The Washington Post, she called it a “short-term solution.”

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
It’s a good start. Ed k

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stop them at their own border and use them to turn their home country into a place that they will feel the need to leave...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let there be foreign aid penalties for each invader. Let the penalty be triple for each invader originating further south than Mexico. And build the damned wall.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing short of changing our insane immigration laws and closing our border will stop them.

Anything else is political BS.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think prosecuting those that employ them will do wonders to stem the flow.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Stop them at their own border and use them to turn their home country into a place that they will feel the need to leave...

This is what has worked better than anything else since 1946.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I think prosecuting those that employ them will do wonders to stem the flow.

This would work if the E-Verify system was updated. Right now, the immigrants can get fake ID's that show up as real with E-Verify. Then after around six or so months, the business owner will get a notice of a problem from the IRS and will approach the employee. Then the employee will deny the problem, get mad and quit. They then ask for their money , which by law, in TN anyway, the employer must pay what is owed within 24 hours. The whole system is badly broken.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

If they wanted to make their own countries better, they would have by now.

More than likely it would take lots of guns, ammo and people that know how to use both to fix their countries though.

It ain't our fuggin' job to pay for or fix their problems.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m watching Narcos on Netflix and there’s a lot of insight there....in a past proves future kinda way. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anything that keeps them off U.S soil and access to our civil courts is a step in the right direction. Gotta think his threat to close the entire border, well within the powers of his office, was the major factor in getting Mexico on board for this. Don't know, but suspect, that he could also stop bank transfers as well, and Mexico gets about 40 billion-with-B dollars annually from their folks here.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Make them have their anchor babies anywhere but the United States.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This little episode has caused some pain in old Mexico and now they see it makes sense to work together to deter them from coming in the first place. I'll bet this slows down the pregnant women from trying to get here to have their babies. This is a good start.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obviously I don't know the new President Obrador but I have read some about his position on the issues facing his country and he appears to look at things in much the same way Trump approaches the issues affecting this country. I think both leaders want to do what is best for their own country and you can negotiate with someone like that. It is very difficult to negotiate with someone who is corrupt and keeps moving the goal posts. Thinking Hitlery and the magic negroe.

I am optimistic relations with Mexico will improve under Obrador's leadership and I look forward to both countries benefiting from that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Lol, It would appear they have it figured out!

I wish Trump could figure it out and start making things better here in the good old USA! crazy

Last edited by 12344mag; 11/24/18.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

If they wanted to make their own countries better, they would have by now.

More than likely it would take lots of guns, ammo and people that know how to use both to fix their countries though.

It ain't our fuggin' job to pay for or fix their problems.
ls

Fixing their problems with lots of guns and ammo would solve our border problem...and Mexico's...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.