-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck all! I wanna see ppenty of pics! I was supposed to be there already, but offered triple time so off to work I go. Be up in the morning. Be safe and enjoy!!

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I am packed and heading to LAX to fly back to PA today, been 10 years since I was able to get back home to PA for deer season and I will be enjoying time back in Potter county.

Thought about staying in our camp near Wharton but last time spent more time getting propane,coal and wood cut than hunting, maybe next year I can get there early for the whole experience but this year I will stay at a local bed and breakfast with great owners!

Ted
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by old_willys
I am packed and heading to LAX to fly back to PA today, been 10 years since I was able to get back home to PA for deer season and I will be enjoying time back in Potter county.

Thought about staying in our camp near Wharton but last time spent more time getting propane,coal and wood cut than hunting, maybe next year I can get there early for the whole experience but this year I will stay at a local bed and breakfast with great owners!

Good luck to ya old_willys, safe travels!

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by old_willys

Good luck old-willys !
You must be staying at The First Fork Lodge ! smile

Last edited by 35; 11/24/18.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by Dale K
I'll come home from Thanksgiving at my daughters on Saturday and then head north to DuBois on Sunday. Dad's been putting a trail camera out recently, he caught a couple of decent bucks on it. Also several coyotes. He said the neighbor who rents the farm ground still has corn standing, that could make things tough.

On the bright side, I talked to my buddy Brad, he's bringing the chili.

Dale

Brad sounds like a good man, Dale. What's the snow like up at the farm? Good luck to you guys and tell your folks I said Happy Thanksgiving and "hi."

He is a good man, I think you met him that first year we (you, me, and Ron T) got together at the Ft. Worth. He stopped out at the house after we moved our BS session out to the farm that day.

I'm headed north in the AM, it's only a 2 hr. drive. No idea about the snow, we still have some here in Somerset. Will tell Mom and Dad you send your regards.

Dale

This space for rent

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just because I went to the range today to check the zero on a third Deer rifle. Surprisingly there were few there, but....there was a Rem 760 with see thru mounts. All is well in Pa.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Just because I went to the range today to check the zero on a third Deer rifle. Surprisingly there were few there, but....there was a Rem 760 with see thru mounts. All is well in Pa.

Did it have a Tasco 4X on it, or did they splurge on one of those high buck Bushnell blister pack scopes?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Did it have a Tasco 4X on it, or did they splurge on one of those high buck Bushnell blister pack scopes?

Bushnell was the old standby in the days of 760's and see throughs. Tasco's only started invading in the 90's.

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by moosemike

Bushnell was the old standby in the days of 760's and see throughs. Tasco's only started invading in the 90's.

My old 760 had a 4X Weaver with the post and crosshair reticle in tipoff mounts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Looked like an older Redfield.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I will be heading to the In-laws in Juniata to hunt the family farm for the 20th year. It is only a little over an hour drive so I will wait until after the Eagles kick the Giants butt before heading up. Maybe the I81 traffic around Harrisburg will thin out. It will only be 3 of us tomorrow as my wife and daughters decided to go with the Girl Scouts to tour the Pentagon tomorrow. I will have my stand to myself for the 1st time in 6 years.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pouring down here and a lot of Deer should be thankful for it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pouring down here and a lot of Deer should be thankful for it.

Up here in Erie, too. Stayed home this morning, headed out later. Rain is gonna stop, and a snowstorm front moving in. That should prompt some movement early.

Last edited by benchman; 11/26/18.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm around the Kittanning area. It is starting to let up....

][Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wish i was having breakfast with the 'cardiac kids, hiking up to the Kettle, Old Faithful's Backside, or the Hemlock by the GasLine. Maybe playing poker for matchsticks with PeeWee, Peanut, Ollie and Sweets. Pennsylfannish muter sprooch.The smell of lighting the fire with coal oil, and dead barking spiders. Then there's the first sit on the frosty two holer, don't miss that so much!
You'uns have a great day! I miss it a lot.
Mach's Gut!
Blkfly

Last edited by Blackfly1; 11/26/18.

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Great stories are being made in Penn's Woods as we speak. Sounds like lots of rain this morning. Best of wishes for a great hunt to those who choose to stick it out. The camps and bars will be busy this afternoon as a legion of hunters seek to get out of the rain and dry out a bit. The woods will not be very occupied tomorrow as lots of guys only have Monday off to hunt. 'Wish I was back there with you boys. Our camp sits empty this year on the opener. A couple guys are going up next week, but it's really a shame that the camp is shuttered on the greatest deer opener in the country. Good luck guys, and keep your powder dry.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I'll be flying from Orlando on Tuesday to Baltimore, then ride to our Cameron Co camp near Driftwood with my grandson on Wed.
This will be my 71st season in PA, and the plan is to stay for the remainder of the buck season.
Gave some thought to just staying in Florida fishing for Specks, but as the time got closer changed my mind.
We hunt ridge to ridge, so all I do is sit and glass all day and help where I can. If the weather is bad I stay in camp and load ammo for prairie dog hunts. Too bad the hunter numbers have fallen off so much, the younger ones don't seem to be taking to hunting anymore.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck to you gentlemen. Shoot straight and stay safe.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of rain here too. It’s supposed to start snowing around midnight and continue off and on through Friday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Finally quit raining here.

Now it's a cold biting wind.

Can't win!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,974
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.