Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
6-10 is what they called for.

My street is wet and maybe a 1/2 inch in the grass but we were right on the line the whole time. I’m heading out in a couple hours to plow a few places less than 20 Miles away that got a few inches.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Her in north west ill. we are having a blizzard 40 to 50 mile hour winds as of now about 8in still snowing ! All snow plows have been call off, if your are out an stuck it will be daylight before they come out again ! Not as bad as 78-79 but a good blow ! Ozzie

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Here just west of Springfield,Illinois it rained yesterday afternoon.Sometime during the night it started snowing,Wind blowing 25-35mph.This morning we only have 1-2 inches of snow, not terrible

1st John 4:7-8
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Snowing pretty good in mid michigan, jackson area.Roads are chitty..

Last edited by coobie; 11/26/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even though most is through, no school today here. That will make the 9th grader happy.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
we ended up with 14 inches in se Iowa, heading out to dig out after daylight

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's over, but it aint', exactly.

The reports were calling for from 8-14" of snow here. hard to tell what we got as some fields are blown clean and some are 4 ft deep.
2 miles east of me the road to town (Dixon) is blown shut with drifts to the top of the state plow truck's dump box.(That's one of the trucks stuck there)

Half dozen miles or so north there's a township plow truck off the road and buried.

My road to the west is intermittently cleaned but even though the winds have somewhat abated the snow is still drifting it closed every hour or so.

South of the Rock River a private plow truck got stranded before midnight and ran out of fuel ~5AM. Driver rescued by a snow machine.

All state and township trucks shut down before midnight last night. As per usual the wind was the killer. Weather monitoring station at Prairieville showed several hours of wind @>35mph.
Most plow trucks were back at it before sunrise this morning.

My regards to all plow truck drivers

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of those storms where drivers ditch their vehicles right in the roadway, sometimes because they can't tell where they are. Sometimes they couldn't move if they tried.

Again, my regard to the plow truck boys...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's weather....deal with it ...it ain't news ...otherwise we would be on every week all winter....time to man up !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nice here in Texas. 60’s

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Nice here in Texas. 60’s
Yeah it was in the seventies here Saturday, BEFORE THE [bleep] STORM CAME THROUGH!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hanco
Nice here in Texas. 60’s

I'm jealous

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jk16
Got a few inches here on the Southern plains .

30 MPH+ winds and 25 degree temps = about 5 degree wind chill.

I'd say that's cold enough for late November.

Alaska or Alabama?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We had the wind Saturday, 60 70 mph, maybe an inch of snow. My brother in the middle of Denver saw some trees down, I think all the weak ones here in east Aurora were already blown away in the summer.

The problem is more people, stupider people, and people who rely on "heated mirrors" (same). It seems everyone has to learn all over each year. This goes for blizzards, fires, earthquakes.......... We used to get around on our old 6.70-15 tires, 2wd, chains, and common sense. Dad told of driving across the Colorado/Nebraska plains in -40 on ice with blankets, and my 83 yo brother as a toddler, that would have been modelA size wheels. Wife's uncle in Chugwater used to tell of taking in stranded people in Wyoming, or as he sized them up sending them to the motel. He was a pastor.

All the same, everyone stay safe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
It's weather....deal with it ...it ain't news ...otherwise we would be on every week all winter....time to man up !

Bullshit...

This weather, in just a 50X100 mile swath affected more people than the entire population of alaska and it's 2 closest Canadian provinces.

And it had a greater economic impact than all of the people and industries in that same area.

That's probably news, but this aint a news site anyway. It's a campfire discussion.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The NWS in Des Moines announced that my area had the largest snowfall amount in Iowa at 17".

WOW I finally won something!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kennyd
We had the wind Saturday, 60 70 mph, maybe an inch of snow. My brother in the middle of Denver saw some trees down, I think all the weak ones here in east Aurora were already blown away in the summer.

The problem is more people, stupider people, and people who rely on "heated mirrors" (same). It seems everyone has to learn all over each year. This goes for blizzards, fires, earthquakes.......... We used to get around on our old 6.70-15 tires, 2wd, chains, and common sense. Dad told of driving across the Colorado/Nebraska plains in -40 on ice with blankets, and my 83 yo brother as a toddler, that would have been modelA size wheels. Wife's uncle in Chugwater used to tell of taking in stranded people in Wyoming, or as he sized them up sending them to the motel. He was a pastor.

My Sierra has 4x4 as does the daughter's Explorer. The wife's Mountaineer has AWD. Tires on the wife's and daughter's vehicles are great. Mine are about done for but I've got a new set in the barn ready to get mounted. Tractor that is fixed to start in any weather with a plug-in. We're good for transportation.

Back in the hallowed days of yesteryear, yore and suchlike, we had to stack hay or sandbags in the backs of our two-wheel drive trucks and probably the tractor wouldn't start. Shovel snow by hand if it got done atall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
. Wife's uncle in Chugwater used to tell of taking in stranded people in Wyoming, or as he sized them up sending them to the motel. He was a pastor.

Wouldn't have guessed there was a motel in Chugwater.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Any here getting the storm?

There were zero signs of snow until the Cummings exit of I-35. Winterset had 3-4 inches and 30 miles south had 16.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (17CalFan, 163bc, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 28 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,131
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.