Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
With the urban legend and ghoul stuff ya hear about em.
What I'm about to say kinda applies I think.
And is not the individuals fault but his relatives.
And I know employing the mentally handicapped is a good thing.
I mean look their are a bunch of people on here who are successful and it has worked out for them.

JK.

Local well known funeral home here in clarksville on Madison street

You walk into the entrance way/ greeting area where all the old ghouls who work their wait to snag a customer and commission....

All dressed extremely nice
3 piece burying suits basically..

So here goes...

Always and i mean always

Their is a 35-40 yr old relative with Downes syndrome that "works" their.
Doesn't say a word...
Just sits their looking off into space..

It's kinda unnerving to see for one of the 1st people you see in a funeral home under less than a great situation to begin with for going into the place.

It leaves a very strange impression.

Just saying....

Last edited by renegade50; 12/16/18.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You may not wanna know what his real job is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Had an experience with my wife's dad's funeral that was a bit unsettling. Her dad had all his funeral arrangements pre-planned and paid for.

He was to have an initial funeral service here where they had lived for a good number of years and then transported to his hometown in east central Indiana with a small grave side service and burial in the cemetery where other family members of his are buried. The trip was around 200 - 250 miles one way.

Wife, son and myself were driving in our car and about 2/3 rds of the way there a hearse from the funeral home her dad was at in KY went flying past us on the highway. My wife let out a horrified gasp, with, "That's my daddy"! He was supposed to have already been there well ahead of family and had everything set up for the grave side service.

As it turned out the hearse carrying her dad still got there around a half hour later than we did, family members and close friends, most of which were elderly, standing around sweating in the sun waiting,

Seems like all too often when payment in full is made up front you get what little they feel they can get away with once they have your money in their hands.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My parents moved to Boise shortly after WWII. About 15 years ago, they did a prepaid funeral arrangement thing. Dad died in '06 and all went well. Now Mom is over 100 and lives with my sister near Seattle. It's a national chain and this last summer they contacted them to verify that all's well. It is. The policy is transferable and they have complete records of it all and what will be paid. Originally she wanted to have her funeral in Boise but now she has not a single friend or acquaintance in Boise. She's just outlived them all. She has new friends where she is now so her funeral will be there. She'll be cremated and the family will take her ashes to Boise to bury next to Dad's.
I have a nephew who's a potter. He's made urns for a number of family members. Mom wanted to see hers so he made her a beauty. She keeps it around as a work of art, which it is. She's not a bit morbid about it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
If you just got ripped off for some $$, be thankful, it could be much worse. I'm currently involved with this horrific situation.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/10/montose-sunset-mesa-funeral-home-body-parts/

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Sounds like he needed to be looking for a casket.

Yep I’d have been tempted to stuff his azz in one and say f it you fit, if daddy don’t chop him up a bit.

Not all mind you but some funeral directors are fing vultures. Using a family’s grief and weak point to harvest more of their dollars.

I’m over that chit, cremated and no services for me thanks. Elbow to elbow my azz I’ll fit in a good coffee can not one of those stupid urns.

Everybody thinkin they have to bury their loved ones like King Tut! F that

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Waygoner
If you just got ripped off for some $$, be thankful, it could be much worse. I'm currently involved with this horrific situation.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/10/montose-sunset-mesa-funeral-home-body-parts/
Can't read it without disabling my ad blocker which I won't do. What does it say?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Waygoner

Can't read it without disabling my ad blocker which I won't do. What does it say?

It says that a funeral home was selling body parts and pulling gold teeth to sell as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My uncle Owen, great guy btw

Always said our local funeral home operator was biggest hypocrite in town. Pushing a 6k casket down the aisle while trying to look sad

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 3 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.