Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
Why don't you read the above posts before you open you big mouth and call what I say stupid [bleep] (from behind your keyboard) I didn't make up the phrase Kimber roulette. There is a guy above who had four that wouldn't shoot. There are problems with any manufacturers but not like what the folks on this forum are saying. All you guys that think kimbers are more prone to problems are saying stupid [bleep].........

Topcatheter

So you're just relying on other peoples posts to base your conclusion?

Why not tap into those years of "old guy" experience to support your statement?

Remember, I just quoted you?

Maybe your statement is just too stupid to try and defend?

Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
I am an old guy who hunted many many years with lots of friends and club members and have never heard of a win 70, savage 110, rem 700, sako, ruger, browning , etc not ejecting or having any problems.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
HR IC

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Update on my rifle. I got it back from Kimber and the extractor was the culprit. They replaced it and it was inspected by more than one person. I feel sure this forum played a huge role in it getting the attention that was needed. Now finally time to shoot and enjoy the rifle. Thanks

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Nateknight
Update on my rifle. I got it back from Kimber and the extractor was the culprit. They replaced it and it was inspected by more than one person. I feel sure this forum played a huge role in it getting the attention that was needed. Now finally time to shoot and enjoy the rifle. Thanks

I've never owned a Kimber rifle, but I'm glad you got them to sort out the issue. I hope it shoots as well as you hoped it would.

I had a 77R Ruger in .30/06 that was shipped with an extractor that was shorter than necessary (Magnum case extractor, probably). After about 5 years of it working part-time, I sent the bolt back. Ruger was POed that I wouldn't send the whole rifle back, but I got my bolt back in about 10 days, with a new, longer-hooked extractor, and the rifle went on to kill a lot of deer for me without another problem.

Hopefully, your Kimber will do the same.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nate, keep us posted on if it shoots any better...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Did they replace the extractor completely, or just tweak it?

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hell, maybe the gun blew up on him. No word on how the rifle performs now... I've been waiting a long time too. crazy I saw they have some of these Hunter models on sale for $797.00 at a LGS. Wondering how Nate's rifle is doing? Like I said, it was an extractor issue. They probably just installed a new one and now it works. Would like to know for sure though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I, too, am curious to hear how the rifle shoots, after all the work to get it to extract.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Congrats on losing the game (some love to play) called the Kimber roulette! Better luck next time....shoulda bought a Tikka.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah Im fixen to take another spin at the wheel, I have been lucky on my last 3 tries and I got a hankering for a Hunter camo chambered in .243 Win as a predator hunting rig....😁....Its worth the chance for Me as no other rifle compares with the features I like being a lightweight CRF rifle with a great trigger and drilled tapped reciever, (shot at Sako 85..lol) and sized for cartridge actions with actual machined recoil lug.....Hb

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah Im fixen to take another spin at the wheel, I have been lucky on my last 3 tries and I got a hankering for a Hunter camo chambered in .243 Win as a predator hunting rig....😁....Its worth the chance for Me as no other rifle compares with the features I like being a lightweight CRF rifle with a great trigger and drilled tapped reciever, (shot at Sako 85..lol) and sized for cartridge actions with actual machined recoil lug.....Hb

I looked at a Hunter model in the store a couple days ago. Looked like a nice rifle that could use a little polishing and fine tuning. Didn't seem to be all that light though. I think if I bought one and it functioned flawlessly, as it should, I can work around getting it to shoot well enough and the bolt would be butter smooth when I was done too. Been thinking about taking the plunge myself. Wondering if I'll be pleasantly surprised or horribly disgusted? I like the features and baby sized model 70 action though..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had extractor problems

Kimber replaced the extractor and it works great now and as it turns out Kimber #6 for me turned out to be an accurate rifle....shooting 120 grn Balistic Tips into under 1" with R17

Bad videos and worse narration with crisscrossed terminology but you might get something out of these

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
tedthorn, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm wondering if and when I actually go and buy one of these if I should take the rifle in the back room and function test it with some snap caps before buying?? Making sure it feeds and extracts properly?

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I looked at a Hunter model in the store a couple days ago. Looked like a nice rifle that could use a little polishing and fine tuning. Didn't seem to be all that light though. I think if I bought one and it functioned flawlessly, as it should, I can work around getting it to shoot well enough and the bolt would be butter smooth when I was done too. Been thinking about taking the plunge myself. Wondering if I'll be pleasantly surprised or horribly disgusted? I like the features and baby sized model 70 action though..

Kimber lists the weight of the Hunter model chambered in .243 Win as 5lbs 10oz's, thats pretty light in My book...I really dont think you will be taking much of a chance in buying one new in box, Kimber QC seems to have gotten much better lately.....Good luck....Hb

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Kimber lists the weight of the Hunter model chambered in .243 Win as 5lbs 10oz's, thats pretty light in My book...I really dont think you will be taking much of a chance in buying one new in box, Kimber QC seems to have gotten much better lately.....Good luck....Hb

Sounds like a good report. I may seriously look into one of these rifles that seem to be priced right. Sub $800.00...

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I bought a Hunter in 257 Roberts this past summer. NIB ordered from my LGS. If functioned all right, but it would scatter rounds all over the paper at 100yds. I mean all over a 13" target. I contacted Kimber, they sent me a return label and I sent the rifle back. 6 week wait and they sent it back with a new barrel, shoots fantastic now. I love the rifle, light, fits me perfect and the DBM works great. But why the roulette?

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V

Sounds like a good report. I may seriously look into one of these rifles that seem to be priced right. Sub $800.00...

Good point and I agree, for a sub $800 rifle these are hard to beat.....Good luck....Hb

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Return it and buy a Tikka. My Tikka shoots under or right at 1" @ 300 yds.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Remington280
Return it and buy a Tikka. My Tikka shoots under or right at 1" @ 300 yds.

My pre 64's shoot that good..

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Hell, maybe the gun blew up on him. No word on how the rifle performs now... I've been waiting a long time too. crazy I saw they have some of these Hunter models on sale for $797.00 at a LGS. Wondering how Nate's rifle is doing? Like I said, it was an extractor issue. They probably just installed a new one and now it works. Would like to know for sure though.

No the gun hasn’t blown up. After sending the gun back twice and getting some help from a member here dealing with Kimber it came back and will eject and function at 90%. Ejector was replaced twice but second time dealt with gunsmith himself. Besides the ejection issues it won’t feed the last round in the clip. Accuracy wise it is dialed in nicely but I don’t trust it enough to hunt with. I will likely keep the 2 I have as I do like the feel but I will not buy any more Kimber products due to this experience. . Too many brands doing it right to pay for those issues again at that price point.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for the update to your rifles problem. I was hoping it was all resolved. Sorry to hear its still a dud.

BSA MAGA
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,499
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.