Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Who runs this scope? How is the glass? Clarity? Low light? What about adjustments? How true does it track? Will be my first scope with turrets so which reticle is easier to do math for dialing ...mil quad or MOA quad?

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Never ran the 3-15 but have used a bunch of the 6x’s and 3-9’s... they have all worked real well for me and I continue using the 6x’s for a lot of my hunting and shooting.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My buddy has one. I compared it to my LRHS and it was better by a couple minutes at last light believe it or not. The reticle at 6x is also more visible than the LRHS reticle at the same power.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son and I each have one. I have used mine for work for the last 4 or 5 years, whenever they came out. The glass is good similar to older night force scopes. The adjustments and return to zero have been excellent, and I dial quite a bit. It has seen at least 100,000 miles in the back seat of the truck, and a lot of hard hunting. Maybe have made 2 or 3 clicks of adjustment in all that time, and not all at once. I run mils, but pick what you like. My only complaint is that the turrets are big, and they turn relatively easily. Sometimes when backpack hunting they can get moved inadvertently. The turrets on the 3x9 are smaller and stiffer, and I like them better. The mil quad reticle is an excellent reticle, you will like it. I would get the scope in ffp as well, especially if you will be shooting at distance alot. Hope that helps.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have two of them and they are solid scopes. Adjustments track true, rtz is consistent. Glass is quite good for the price, above 12x it starts to get a little dim in low light but 15x is asking a lot of a 42mm objective.

FFP, mil/mil is MUCH easier to learn and adjust. Forget the "math" part, don't convert anything. Plot all of your dope / wind calls in mils and it's super easy to use.

David

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Forget the "math" part, don't convert anything. Plot all of your dope / wind calls in mils and it's super easy to use.

Yes, except, plot your dope in mils OR moa, depending on your scope. The important part is to have a scope whereby the dials match the reticle, meaning either both mil or both moa.

Heck, from this time forward you could refer to your mils as shmeckies or your moas a gerbins. If, according to your scope you missed by 3 shmeckies (or 3 gerbins), then adjust your nobs/turrets 3 shmeckies (or 3 gerbins). Do anything to finally convince yourself you don't need math other than to adjust by the amount necessary to put you on target. That applies whether it is mil, moa, shmeckie or gerbin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Forget the "math" part, don't convert anything. Plot all of your dope / wind calls in mils and it's super easy to use.

Yes, except, plot your dope in mils OR moa, depending on your scope. The important part is to have a scope whereby the dials match the reticle, meaning either both mil or both moa.

Heck, from this time forward you could refer to your mils as shmeckies or your moas a gerbins. If, according to your scope you missed by 3 shmeckies (or 3 gerbins), then adjust your nobs/turrets 3 shmeckies (or 3 gerbins). Do anything to finally convince yourself you don't need math other than to adjust by the amount necessary to put you on target. That applies whether it is mil, moa, shmeckie or gerbin.

Base 10 adjustments are always gonna be easier and more straight forward than base 4 adjustments.

Mil/Mil is easier.

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Who runs this scope? How is the glass? Clarity? Low light? What about adjustments? How true does it track? Will be my first scope with turrets so which reticle is easier to do math for dialing ...mil quad or MOA quad?

I just hunted this scope on top of a 7/08 for a cow hunt. Scoped up a cow at 427 yards 25 minutes after shooting light started. Overcast with light mist. I had no issues seeing the cow clearly in the 10-12 power range. SWFA have a long history of being overbuilt and beyond durable. This was the main reason I elected to put this scope on a high end custom build where dialing will be needed to point the bullets at things further than just shooting off the Mq reticle.

[Linked Image]

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I just hunted this scope on top of a 7/08 for a cow hunt. Scoped up a cow at 427 yards 25 minutes after shooting light started. Overcast with light mist. I had no issues seeing the cow clearly in the 10-12 power range. SWFA have a long history of being overbuilt and beyond durable. This was the main reason I elected to put this scope on a high end custom build where dialing will be needed to point the bullets at things further than just shooting off the Mq reticle.

[Linked Image]

Nice! That isn't by chance a Criterion barrel?

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hart 22” tube...

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Good solid choice for the first one! I had one with no complaints, just upgraded to a LRHSi when a good opportunity came along.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How does it do at early and last light?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
How does it do at early and last light?

No issues with seeing early and late. As with many ffp scopes, the reticle is a little thin from 3 to 6 x, but I never shoot below 6x anyway, so I don't mind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Base 10 adjustments are always gonna be easier and more straight forward than base 4 adjustments.

Mil/Mil is easier.

David

David, I agree. It's just that telling someone to "plot all of your dope/wind calls in mils" ignores that he may actually have a scope in MOA. I do however note and acknowledge your paragraph was specifically talking about your mil/mil scope.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Mil/Mil is easier.

David

David, I agree. It's just that telling someone to "plot all of your dope/wind calls in mils" ignores that he may actually have a scope in MOA. I do however note and acknowledge your paragraph was specifically talking about your mil/mil scope.

Understood.

I was assuming he hadn't purchased yet and was trying to make a decision based on:

smile

David

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You are correct. I haven't purchased an optic yet. Still looking. Actual purchase probably won't be made until early summer. I'm still undecided on a rifle. Just doing research

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
They work great.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Got a handful of them. All ffp MOA. Not a great side by side, but way more clear than Vortex PST or HS. Lotsa bang for the buck. Zero Stop shim kits available

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Where can you buy the zero stop shim kits?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have bought several shim kits from the below and they work great:

Ordering is easy. We accept PayPal (preferred) and all types of paper money including personal checks and money orders. To order, please use your preferred method and send the appropriate amount to timkulinstudiosaol.com or the physical address below.

Tim Kulin

2790 Wood Valley Court

Woodland Park, CO 80863

When ordering, be sure to include your shipping address. You wouldn't believe how many people forget. Please also note if your scope's turrets are in MOA or milrads. If you don't specify, we will assume mil rad.

We generally ship no later than the next day after receiving your order. Please note that we use the USPS and no tracking information is available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,198
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.