Thinking back on my 2018 archery hunts, I was blessed with a great year of awesome trips and great hunts and harvests. 8 species in 6 states with a bow. Looking forward to 2019. Kicking off the bow hunts with gators and hogs in Florida. Here are some of the critter I took with a bow and arrow. Live weight of all the critters totaled 4,228 pounds this year.

[Linked Image]

Don't really care for using any shoulder fired weapons any longer and I don't see the challenge since I like to get up close and personal. I did carry a rifle for 2 days of the WI gun deer season but shot the deer with a camera instead since the freezer is overloaded with meat. One big buck I saw at 80 yards got taken with my cell phone. I never fired a shot with the rifle. I have however killed many many many coon, skunk, possum, tree rat and woodchuck this year with a pellet gun so I still do sling some lead.

And no, thats not a cow. Thats a Vancouver Bull (cows are the girls of the bovine world. Bulls are the males) That was up at 9000 feet on Mauna Loa on the big Island of Hawaii. Spot and stalk hunting for wild/feral bulls and poly hogs with a bow. That was a great time. All the archery hunts were a blast. Here is to 2019 and all the bowhunters using a human powered weapon only as powerful as you are strong enough to pull back the peak weight and doing at point blank distance.

Last edited by sharp_things; 12/31/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,