Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I was three, I remember them hauling my grandfather out when he died of a heart attack in 1956. I found my grandmother dead in the same house 20 years later,also dead from a heart attack.

What is your earliest memory?

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have memories of being in my crib as an infant, likely a year or so old, just playing in my crib, fascinated by reflected spots of sunlight on the ceiling. I clearly remember waking up on my third birthday, walking down the steps and sitting on the bottom step hands on chin, then my mother walking out of the kitchen and seeing me there, asking me if I knew what day it was. I said yes, it’s my birthday. She asked how old I was, and I held up three fingers and said three years old.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Several. I also found my grandfather dead of a heart attack. He had gone to the outhouse, and I found him there. Ran in to my Mom and said "Grampa's asleep and I can't wake him up." I was three at the time.

I also vividly recall trying to ride my tricycle down the basement steps. Twice. Because I just knew it was possible. I still have a tiny scar from that experiment. Different house than the above, so I was perhaps four.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was 3 years old and it was also a trauma related event.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The Alamo?????

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I have memories of being in my crib as an infant, likely a year or so old, just playing in my crib, fascinated by reflected spots of sunlight on the ceiling. I clearly remember waking up on my third birthday, walking down the steps and sitting on the bottom step hands on chin, then my mother walking out of the kitchen and seeing me there, asking me if I knew what day it was. I said yes, it’s my birthday. She asked how old I was, and I held up three fingers and said three years old.

Thats interesting, I'm thinking trauma will over whelm this thread but we will see how it unfolds.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I had one of those little toy pistols that looked like a miniature 1911 and shot the darts with a suction cup on the tip. I must have worn out a dozen of them over the years. I was 3 years old.

My mom was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper,...had it up in front of her face.

I said "Hey!",....She dropped the newspaper down to see what I wanted and I shot her square in the left eye with it.

She grabbed her face with both hands,..then pulled them down and looked at me with her eye all wadded up and a mean expression on her face.

Then she rapidly rolled up the newspaper and started chasing me around the apartment flogging me on the head with it.

Then she had to shame me about it, so she stood in front of me with the now frazzled newspaper in one hand, her other hand on her hip,..her eye still wadded all up and said,

"Now you've done put my eye out! What am I going to do?! How am I going to see?!"

,...scared hell out of me. I think it was because it's the first time I had ever seen an adult "go off" like that.

60 years later and I can still play the event in my mind like a movie clip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother tells me he can remember being in mom's womb! grin

For me, I can remember taking a bath with my mom and being embarrassed. I remember in which house we lived, so I was probably three or four. I don't think she ever bathed with me again. She must have sensed something.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
3 years old. I climbed up the front of a large book case that went up to the ceiling.,
The entire thing fell on top of me. I was lucky that day...

Same year, I drank an entire 4oz bottle of hoppe's gun cleaner, and had to get my stomach pumped... That sucked.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I remember my bedroom when I was 2, the curtains with little nutcracker style men on them, the arrangement of the room, the color of the carpet and I remember falling head first down the stairs from the 2nd floor (that my room was on) to the first floor and hitting the coffee table at the bottom. We moved to a different town shortly after, so I know the memory was from when I was 2.

From my event and reading others, it seems like a trauma event or something of significance is what "sets" that memory in our minds. I'm sure that falling down the stairs that day is why I remember the details of the event and my room.

Last edited by RyanTX; 01/15/19.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah, I can replay mine too.
My 3 year old traumatic event was mother related too. I didn't shoot her but I should have.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
The Alamo?????

I really L O L...

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by akasparky

Yeah, I can replay mine too.
My 3 year old traumatic event was mother related too. I didn't shoot her but I should have.

lol,...My mom wouldn't hurt me. The rolled up newspaper was just a thin section. Mostly it was a symbolic statement that I has *really* pissed her off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is an incident that could have only happened in May of 1959, 9 months after I was born. I distinctly remember 5 adults hold me down and attempt to put salve in my eyes. I remember fighting them off and winning. The way I know this is that the only time I got that salve was that this was my first spring, and I got an annual spring allergy. The first year was particularly bad, and they gave me a shot of penicillan. I had a reaction and it caused me to swell up and my eyes to swell shut. My father was on the bottom of the pile, sitting in his big overstuffed chair. My mom held the salve. My grandparents and a babysitter were holding my limbs.

I also have a vivid memory of using the Venetian blinds to climb out of my crib. That was later on that summer. They had to move my crib and put extenders on the sides to keep me in.

EDIT: It just dawned on me that the information I just gave you could be used to come up with a fairly exact date. That particular baby sitter came on Fridays when I was a kid to watch me while my mom and grandmother did their shopping for the week. Dad was home, so that was after 3 PM. Grandpa was there, so that put it more around 4-5 PM. My allergy always seemed to peak just before Memorial Day. I checked the calendar, and I'm going to say the incident occurred after 3PM on 22 May, 1959.

Last edited by shaman; 01/15/19.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tits. Mostly the right one but I remember both of em.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Standing up in the back seat hanging onto the back of the front seat while the old man dropped the hammer to the floor in a 70 Chevelle SS-396

Maybe I was 3 yrs old

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was about 3. I have 2 memories. One was my grandmother in an old gray sweater in the living room. The other was watching some friends help Dad with an addition to the house. Dad had torn out the end of the house then got polio. At the time, Dad was in the hospital and our friends pitched in to get the addition closed in before winter. Dad was one of the lucky ones who made a full recovery but he was gone for 4 months.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I had one of those little toy pistols that looked like a miniature 1911 and shot the darts with a suction cup on the tip. I must have worn out a dozen of them over the years. I was 3 years old.

My mom was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper,...had it up in front of her face.

I said "Hey!",....She dropped the newspaper down to see what I wanted and I shot her square in the left eye with it.

She grabbed her face with both hands,..then pulled them down and looked at me with her eye all wadded up and a mean expression on her face.

Then she rapidly rolled up the newspaper and started chasing me around the apartment flogging me on the head with it.

Then she had to shame me about it, so she stood in front of me with the now frazzled newspaper in one hand, her other hand on her hip,..her eye still wadded all up and said,

"Now you've done put my eye out! What am I going to do?! How am I going to see?!"

,...scared hell out of me. I think it was because it's the first time I had ever seen an adult "go off" like that.

😆 hilarious!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
JFK's funeral. I remember the caisson with the coffin and the rider-less horse with the boots facing backwards. I had just turned 2 years old.

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Going to a picnic with my father and going home with my mother.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (300_savage, 222Sako, 3040Krag, 257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 58 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,685
Posts18,534,444
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.