Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I had a 700 ADL sporter stock that I bought from another party. I had opened up the barrel channel to accommodate a Rock Creek 2-B but when tightening the front guard screw I noticed a very small, fine crack radiating about a half-inch - most assuredly my fault as I was probably forcing a tight fit of the after-market trigger guard I was using. I sent a note into HSP - confessing my ‘sins’- and they replied to send it back and they would make it right or replace it. I shipped it back arriving there on Dec 24th. I received an email that it had arrived and that they would get back with me after Christmas as soon as assessed the issue. In a couple of days, I received an email that they felt sure that it could be repaired but would require a repaint and wanted to know if I would like the original color (sand with black spiderweb) or something different in two-color paint at no charge. Since I have several in tan, olive, grey, and black, I replied back asking for Granite (grey with black & white spiderweb) not realizing that in fact that was a THREE-color option. They replied that would be not problem, and on the 15th the stock arrived looking better than when I first got it.

I do stock work and I could not have done this as quickly as HS Precision did. Allowing for a minimum of two holidays and three days shipping, they repaired and repainted in a little over a week’s turn-around which is about as good of customer service as I’ve seen from anyone in a long time. Always been a fan of HS Precision and still one today.

(Sorry about the poor quality pic.)

Attached Images

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My buddy is the rifle manager for them and I had a chance to tour their facility a couple weeks ago. It's actually pretty remarkable what they're capable of. I couldn't believe how many stocks they were making.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sounds a lot better than the experience I just had with Remington and their customer service regarding one of their stocks. I have purchased my last Remington product as a result of the experience. I was a 40 year Remington guy prior to this. Nice to hear some companies still do it right.

Last edited by jdunham; 01/19/19.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m sending a stock for re paint, to HS on Monday. Good to hear this.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I visited Rapid City in 2017 and did the factory tour. We were the only ones on the tour and they told us to expect it to take 45 minutes........over 2 hours later, we exited the building!! We were extremely impressed with the tour, we saw everything except the shooting facility and talked to lots of the employees. Each time we asked questions about something, the employee doing that job explained the process to us......they acted like they actually enjoyed talking to us.

I would highly recommend the tour to anyone passing through Rapid City!

Cancer Sucks
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
The last time I sent a stock in for a repaint, the charge was only $65.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 20 invisible), 1,408 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.