Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looking at buying a win stainless rifle. Want to cerakote the barrel and action but don't want to screw up the feeding and cycling of the action or do anything that would not be good for the rifle.

Any issue doing this?

GB1

E
ejo Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I have three crf model 70s that are cerakoted. No issues at all and they function perfectly. Two were coated by Eddie Fosnaugh and the other was done by whoever Gene Simillion uses.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks - Eddie did some work for me on another rifle and he was great.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ejo
I have three crf model 70s that are cerakoted. No issues at all and they function perfectly. Two were coated by Eddie Fosnaugh and the other was done by whoever Gene Simillion uses.

Same here, my local 'smith cerakoted two pre-64's after their rusted bores were turned into a 338-06 and 35 Whelen by JES, Redneck here at the 'fire cerakoted a pre-64 7mm Mashburn that wears a stainless Bartlein barrel, beautiful work AND functionality on all three.

Trump Won!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by ejo

Same here, my local 'smith cerakoted two pre-64's after their rusted bores were turned into a 338-06 and 35 Whelen by JES, Redneck here at the 'fire cerakoted a pre-64 7mm Mashburn that wears a stainless Bartlein barrel, beautiful work AND functionality on all three.

I saw and fiddled with the Mashburn..pretty fuggin sweet....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one that Eddie did for me.
No problems at all.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paint is soothin'.

Hint...............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shtick-it-to-em, .. rear of trigger guard looks kinda thin on paint, might need a slight touch -up... grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Optical illusion...I used (2) fhuqking cans..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Optical illusion...I used (2) fhuqking cans..................(grin)

How well does it stick, Stick? smile

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Forever and ever Amen.

Hint...................

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sticks in the synapses too. Google it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts and Physics aren't subjective...nor are your very WELL founded copious Insecurities. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You are simply a CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Laughing!

Pardon my shooting it all,while you talk out your ass and guess wildly.

Just sayin'...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Win '70 SS that I had a coating applied too, no issue at all with feeding or anything,

but I wouldn't do it again,,If you decide to rebarrel for example, it can really complicate the process,

if you scratch it or chip it, either live with it or have it stripped back to original.

before you know it you've got another 500$ into the rifle.

IMHO, you already have the best finish with SS, plain and simple.

Leave it as it is.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've got a couple of M70's that have been cerakoted and an MRC that has been cerakoted. I have noticed that they need a small touch of oil on the raceways to run as smooth as possible but that touch seems to last a long time and shouldn't be overdone. I'm a fan of cerakote if done right. If you use your rifle hard it will scratch and wear. It's not impervious to everything. A scratch in it would likely be a scratch on the matte finish of the stainless barrel so to me it's not a big deal. If I'm worried about a rifle getting scratched I should leave it in the safe.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I fret bores...fhuqk the rest.

Hint..................(grin)

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by ejo

I saw and fiddled with the Mashburn..pretty fuggin sweet....

Thanks, and not too brag, but he crushed that build, spot on the money! smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Not that this response has anything to do with the question but I am reminded years ago one of the recipients of The Weatherby Award, don't remember which one, who hunted all over the world using only his 300 Weatherby. And took hundreds of animals. The barrel was nearly void of glueing, the stock was scratched and finish worn badly and ROy Weatherby offered to make it look new for him. He declined saying every bump and scratch was a memory. That rifle was dried and oiled in bad weather, and he put a coat of johnsons wax on it before and during the season, and not a single spot of rust. I always liked that story, perhaps some of you old timers on here recall who that recipient was.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Was it not Elgin Gates?

The way life should be.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I have a Win '70 SS that I had a coating applied too, no issue at all with feeding or anything,

but I wouldn't do it again,,If you decide to rebarrel for example, it can really complicate the process,

if you scratch it or chip it, either live with it or have it stripped back to original.

before you know it you've got another 500$ into the rifle.

IMHO, you already have the best finish with SS, plain and simple.

Leave it as it is.

Hey Kenneth. I absolutely agree. Put your money into powder & bullets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,948
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.