-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself in the foot with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself in the foot with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

To be honest LT I would have thought ambo or nurse would have headed up the list.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

That's right Lt, I gotta watch my chit here at the farm too, tractors, loaders, 1000lb hay bales, cattle, horses and 20' bush hogs can have quite the attitude if you let any of em swarm ya. smile

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

"Murder" is a legal distinction. Your family is worse off when you're murdered than when killed otherwise?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The world was sure a dangerous place for Serpico....

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
While it’s a regional thing.....we have far more people killed in oil field related accidents than we do police officers! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Being a cop may not be the most dangerous job,..but it's *got* to be the most irritating, soul scorching one.

I mean, c'mon,...let's call a spade a spade.

In large parts of the country the police have become the jiggaboo patrol.

How would *you* like to have to go out every day and deal with those low IQ, impulsive, violent fuggers?

Every time you pull one over for doing some stupid schitt, you've got to worry about him shooting you with a Hi-Point 9mm.

I wouldn't take that job if it came with a dump truck load of silver dollars.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Being a cop may not be the most dangerous job,..but it's *got* to be the most irritating, soul scorching one.

How would *you* like to have to go out every day and deal with those low IQ, impulsive, violent fuggers?

Knowing that, why do you think people do it? Maybe it does come with "perks". Perhaps it does often come with "a dump truck load of silver dollars".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Knowing that, why do you think people do it? Maybe it does come with "perks". Perhaps it does often come with "a dump truck load of silver dollars".

For the same reason people join the military. They've got to feed their family.

Some people choose to go shoot cavemen in Afghanistan to make a living,...some people join the jiggaboo patrol.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Y'all excuse the fug right outta me,.......but what little PC inclination I might have ever had has had its throat slit by reality.

I'm not good at hiding it and I don't really see any good reason to do so.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't believe LE has ever made the dangerous job list.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Some people choose to go shoot cavemen in Afghanistan to make a living,...some people join the jiggaboo patrol.

Most pragmatic response I have seen to date.

And for what it is worth, if you are paid it is not service.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Deflave...

It likely never will...It's a job that you either love or hate...

Last edited by sgt217; 01/31/19.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

No other options but to become order-followers who shoot people for money?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thinking druggies and dealers have a greater chance of being shot, just saying...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't believe LE has ever made the dangerous job list.

They sure don't realize how dangerous cops live when they eat donuts and sit behind billboards and harass law abiding citizens all day...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

No other options but to become order-followers who shoot people for money?

People don't need shooting, felonious feral thugs do.

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Thinking druggies and dealers have a greater chance of being shot, just saying...

Probably the most underappreciated segment of our society.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Of course LE is not the most dangerous job...just the most likely to get murdered for doing. Tough to compare shooting yourself with a nail gun to getting shot at a red light for wearing a badge.

That's right Lt, I gotta watch my chit here at the farm too, tractors, loaders, 1000lb hay bales, cattle, horses and 20' bush hogs can have quite the attitude if you let any of em swarm ya. smile

No doubt. It takes some skill and a little luck to stay alive doing many things. The distinction is that most don't entail people with a plan to kill you. Luckily for cops, most of those are really stupid.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

No doubt. It takes some skill and a little luck to stay alive doing many things. The distinction is that most don't entail people with a plan to kill you. Luckily for cops, most of them are really stupid.

And, there's guys like you and me watching out for the other, the stupids best take that into account too.

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 3,214 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,589
Posts18,532,385
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.