Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by arky65
The whole border situation has always been about the 2020 election for Trump and now the Dem's. If building the wall would give the Dem's the advantage of winning in 2020 they would be all for it. IMO,the Dem's are wallling themselves, into a box. Wall or no Wall, they stand to loose 2020. Trump. will make the election about National Security and SC, paint the Dem's as anti National Security, and obstructionist, reigniting the base for 2020.

Unless ground is broken on a real wall by that election, I don't think he can win it. That was his central campaign promise. It would be worse than Bush going back on "no new taxes." Far worse.

Yep, the Dims are trying to seperate him from his base.

and he's separating them from theirs, just watch. I doubt any will turn from D to R, but they won't show up to the polls next election. just watch. I don't know 100% why he's doing things, but I do have faith that he's thinking 2 or more steps ahead than I am able to. he didn't get to be where he is by being stupid, giving up and pulling punches. I'm surprised at how many here think he's rolling over.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” - Sun tzu

seems many here got roped just like nancy and chuck

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This national emergency business is a very slippery slope. What's to stop the next Dim president from declaring a national emergency after a bad school shooting?
Just because we really really want a border wall doesn't justify a national emergency.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The whole border situation has always been about the 2020 election for Trump and now the Dem's. If building the wall would give the Dem's the advantage of winning in 2020 they would be all for it. IMO,the Dem's are wallling themselves, into a box. Wall or no Wall, they stand to loose 2020. Trump. will make the election about National Security and SC, paint the Dem's as anti National Security, and obstructionist, reigniting the base for 2020.

Unless ground is broken on a real wall by that election, I don't think he can win it. That was his central campaign promise. It would be worse than Bush going back on "no new taxes." Far worse.

Yep, the Dims are trying to seperate him from his base.

and he's separating them from theirs, just watch. I doubt any will turn from D to R, but they won't show up to the polls next election. just watch. I don't know 100% why he's doing things, but I do have faith that he's thinking 2 or more steps ahead than I am able to. he didn't get to be where he is by being stupid, giving up and pulling punches. I'm surprised at how many here think he's rolling over.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” - Sun tzu

seems many here got roped just like nancy and chuck

Yep, and after being lassoed with the same rope before, Colorado. Youd think they'll get rope burned after a while.

The left is betting their ass stopping the wall is their only hope to keep him from getting back in and screwing them over again.

MAGA with a bunch of liliy livered friends.

WWG1WGA

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/01/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Likely true but sad given the Dems work growing their base. No wall, [bleep] it...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As to the question of land aquisition for the wall, wouldn't there be some sort of right away at the border already?

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
It will require a lot less land than an interstate highway, and do a lot more benefit to the nation. The gov't takes land every day for highways.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Reality check. All Trump needs to do is keep up the fight , not necessarily win anything. Democrats keep obstructing and Trump keeps fighting and it’s a good issue to run on in 2020. It’s not like any of his base is going to vote for any of the communists and in fact the communist will scare any of the base now threatening to stay home into getting out to vote Trump.

The problem with your thinking is that Trump can't win with just his base. He needs cross over voters, independents, and people who had been so disgusted with the political system that they hadn't previously (or, perhaps, not for several decades) voted till Trump came along. These people believed him on the wall, and will likely be thoroughly disgusted if it doesn't materialize before the next election, perhaps enough to stay home or vote third party as a protest.

Any conservative savvy enough to be with him on the wall is also savvy enough to see the obstruction and lies from the left, and lack of allies from his own camp. Those folks aren't going anywhere.

I'm actually surprised at the lack of resolve exhibited by some here.

It's not like there's another choice. There isn't anybody else riding in on a white horse to save the day.

Get a clue, Peoples.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It will require a lot less land than an interstate highway, and do a lot more benefit to the nation. The gov't takes land every day for highways.

Surely you don’t think they decide where they want a road and six months later they are clearing a right of way. It takes years sometimes for all the lawsuits to work their way thru the Courts. In this instance you have a bunch of special interests groups who will also be filing lawsuits along with Landowners.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ole_270
As to the question of land aquisition for the wall, wouldn't there be some sort of right away at the border already?

The Feds claim a slice of land adjacent to the border for patrolling. As far as in Texas, they have Big Bend Natl Park which has about 140 miles of River frontage, I believe. Apart from that, it’s all privately owned.

One thing that’s never discussed, because most of the people discussing it have never been near the border, is that once the Feds have acquired the land along the river, they have to have a way to get men and materials for the wall down to it. In the Trans Pecos there are no public roads to speak of getting from Hwy 90 down to the river. You may have to cross through a dozen ranches getting down there so that means a lot of easements and roads to be built.

It would destroy the ecology of that whole area for something that is entirely unnecessary.

I don’t know where they want to put the 234 miles of fencing that’s being asked for, but it’s not needed in the only land they already own...BBNP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is telling that y’all are giving credibility to Pelosi’s claim that this whole Wall Fiasco is about nothing more than Trump keeping a campaign promise. Your main concern is about how it may impact the election, not if it will aid border security.

Trump is convinced he needs a wall and I’ll guarantee you he has no idea where to build it.

Google Chispa Road and spend some time on google earth. You’ll only be looking at about eighty miles of Border. Increase that by an order of magnitude and you still haven’t covered the Texas border. And...unlike many of us..... you haven’t actually SEEN it.

You’ve been played, big time.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Probably why it costs 5.7 billion. which we all know is gvt speak for it'll be closer to 10 when it's done. either way, it's still 140 billion less than obama GAVE to iran.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Surely you don’t think they decide where they want a road and six months later they are clearing a right of way. It takes years sometimes for all the lawsuits to work their way thru the Courts. In this instance you have a bunch of special interests groups who will also be filing lawsuits along with Landowners.

I've always wondered, why don't they just build the wall along Interstate 10 from California all the way to where it runs along the border in Texas? No eminant domain issues, no problems with access, etc ...Then fiind out which ranchers in Texas are pro wall and build on their land first, if necessary; especially the ranches that have easier access...Any of the ranchers south of the wall could get access in and out through ports of entry/ exit where their is 24/7 security and border patrol, scanners, etc...

They would have to change the stupid asylum laws about stepping foot on U.S. soil and getting automatic refugee status if they qualify.

Last edited by The_Chadster; 02/01/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain’t in favor of the Feds giving Mexico a bunch of land THAT IS NOT THEIRS TO GIVE AWAY and ALL of the river which is what you are proposing.

I 10 to Van Horn and then Hwy 90 on eastward has been the de facto border for many years. The land between the highways and the river is almost a no man’s land. The BP only goes down there when they are called or a sensor is tripped.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
It is telling that y’all are giving credibility to Pelosi’s claim that this whole Wall Fiasco is about nothing more than Trump keeping a campaign promise. Your main concern is about how it may impact the election, not if it will aid border security.

Trump is convinced he needs a wall and I’ll guarantee you he has no idea where to build it.

Google Chispa Road and spend some time on google earth. You’ll only be looking at about eighty miles of Border. Increase that by an order of magnitude and you still haven’t covered the Texas border. And...unlike many of us..... you haven’t actually SEEN it.

You’ve been played, big time.

Gene, i want the wall built to stop mexican and foreign nationals and drugs and human trafficking at the border.

Im sayiny the reason Pilosi is against the wall it to screw Trump. Also, its hard to carry kids over a wall, which is another reason she cant have a wall.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where do YOU want to build the Wall?

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...You're quite the trickster, taking my quote out of context to create the impression that I was one of those Trump voters who hadn't voted in decades, was an independent, or crossover voter.

No one has to take your posts out of context to see that your efforts are helping the left's agenda.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Where do YOU want to build the Wall?
Lets just move the border to the other side of the river and build a big fuggin wall over there. WTF is Mexico gonna do about it ? It ain't like we haven't taken land from them before and the pricks absolutely are and have been invading the US for quite some time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think some of y'all understand how this works at all. When the government eminent domain's you, they TAKE the land they need either for themselves or some fooking big business and you get paid whatever they deem fair. Then construction begins. That's how it works. You can sue to your heart's content and the courts can do what they want, but it gets done and there's very little you can do about it. That's when national security is not at stake-just some railroad or pipeline or fooking highline that the company or government thinks best to go through wherever they want it to. To my mind anyway, this is more important and if there were ever a case where eminent domain truly was necessary and right, this is it. Construction can begin tomorrow. All it takes is the order on Trump's part. I can't believe all this talk of the military defying the CIC. "Illegal orders"? Wtff? Some Loot could give the order to whack a couple of civilians and everybody would be like, "you gotta do what they tell you or you'll get court martialed" but let somebody say we're gonna doze some chit for a wall and everybody's suddenly ready to bow down to Pelosi.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I ain’t in favor of the Feds giving Mexico a bunch of land THAT IS NOT THEIRS TO GIVE AWAY and ALL of the river which is what you are proposing.

I 10 to Van Horn and then Hwy 90 on eastward has been the de facto border for many years. The land between the highways and the river is almost a no man’s land. The BP only goes down there when they are called or a sensor is tripped.

Who is giving away any land? The border is still where the historic boundaries says it is in the scenario im talking about.....We are just building a barrier/ smart wall along our southernmost interstate in the area with controlled entry/ exit points to put a huge dent in the drug trafficking/ human smuggling to 90 plus percent of the rest of the country. You dont have to call it the border...The people south of the barrier would still be on US soil up to the historic border and still have the protection of our law enforcement, military, national guard, etc.....If any part of the Interstate dips into Mexico then dont build the wall there or build it on our side of the interstate.

Let's see em smuggle drugs or people up to the rest of the country through that without getting quickly caught when all the entry/exit points have scanners/ law enforcement, etc., and there is a million eyes up and down the Interstate all day/ everyday...

Also, Change the stupid asylum laws around setting foot on US soil...

Last edited by The_Chadster; 02/02/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's another thing: I'm neither a border expert, nor do I live there, but I've read about it and watched what is going on for years and from what I understand, the Cartels control either by ownership or intimidation, a lot of the land ON THIS SIDE of the border. You think that Cartel proxies whether through loyalty or because they don't want their family's head chopped off, are going to go right along with a wall? The ranchers who are still fighting with the druggies and wets WANT some help. The others are obstructing.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,619
Posts18,511,903
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.