Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heym06
Texas was won! Not stolen. Now you know!
That is right. Military conquest (or defeat) settles a lot of issues.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
A little off subject, but if someone here is an immigration official or attorney I would like to ask what authority does an officer have to question and detain someone to delve into their citizenship status? For instance, I say "officer my name is Pedro Gomez and I will not answer any questions". Can an officer detain someone on suspicion or because they don't speak English? Looks to me like they might could just walk away from any law enforcement encounter if they make it across the border. I am just curious, what right does an officer have to require proof of citizenship.

This is what happens when you try to apply "Philadelphia Lawyer" tactics you found in a Cracker Jack box! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
Originally Posted by 700LH
Whatja gonna do at overpasses, on and off ramps etc?

Leave them, put scanners, cameras there. Some of them could become ports of entry/ exit with law enforcement, drug dogs, scanners, cameras, the whole 9 yards... Still better than nothing which is what we have now in a lot of places... Most of those would be near or in the cities. Go around the cities with the wall away from the interstate, or just beef up law enforcement in the cities if you dont want eminent domain issues.

It would be a move in the right directions, however, it would never work because they would have to start on top possibly starting with family members of current White House resident. Someone smart once told me that if it wasn't for illegal immigrants not a blade of grass would get cut in Northern Va Suburbs.

Who cut them before?

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looked like Jim Acosta... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Chadster
I've always wondered, why don't they just build the barrier/ smart wall for border security along Interstate 10 from California all the way through Texas? No eminant domain issues, no problems with access, etc ...Im not talking about a land give away to Mexico...Any of the U.S.ranchers/ people/ cities south of the wall would still be on US soil up to the historic border with Mexico...They could get access in and out of the smart wall through ports of entry/ exit in the wall where their is 24/7 security and border patrol, scanners, etc...They would also still be under the protection of our law enforcement and military, national guard, etc. south of the smart wall.

Try jumping that wall or smuggle people or drugs and not be caught at a port of entry or seen by the general public on the Interstate...Obviously, only build it where needed along the Interstate...

They would also have to change the stupid asylum laws about stepping foot on U.S. soil and getting automatic refugee status if they qualify.

Tell you the truth I have been waiting for some bright spark to build the damn thing ten miles over the mexican side of the border.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good gosh,

First the op question, and then 3 pages discussing logistics.

"At this point in time Mr. Trump couldn't build a wall around one of his privately owned properties with his own money."

The GD POS Dems would sick an army of lawyers on him, along with traders/traitors in multiple government offices.

Fixed

Last edited by gunzo; 02/02/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gunzo
Good gosh,

"At this point in time Mr. Trump couldn't build a wall around one of his privately owned properties with his own money."

The GD POS Dems would sick an army of lawyers on him, along with traders in multiple government offices.

I was going to correct you and point out that it is "traitors"...but with further consideration I tend to your use of "traders" as being correct.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
J,
I knew it didn't look right when I typed it, but a bit fired up about what I wrote in the sentence before. You made a good point.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That'd make me an Instant Meskin.

(And many more hundreds of thousands of Americans.)

[Linked Image]

Yeah lets just give Mexico about 10% of our nation...

well, to be accurate, half of that would be a give-back!

Although the Arizona part was purchased!

The Texas part was stolen by immigrants, if I recall correctly.

If you knew the FISRT thing about Texas history, you wouldn't say such stupid shiit. Texas was declared independent and fought for by Mexican citizens who had had enough of Mexico's oppression.

DO try not to be such a dumbass.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I remember the Alamo!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's pretty safe to assume you're referring to the movie. I would not expect you to have read a book.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I think it's pretty safe to assume you're referring to the movie. I would not expect you to have read a book.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by gunzo
Good gosh,

The GD POS Dems would sick an army of lawyers on him, along with traders/traitors in multiple government offices.

Fixed

How the frick would they stop him? We got barriers, ports of entry/ exit on interstates all over the Southwest US already...He declares an emergency, he could do whats necessary to protect the US and control drug trafficking and immigration... They could try to stop him, but screw them...

You got a better solution? Building a wall on a border in remote areas that are hard to access isnt feasible....

Last edited by The_Chadster; 02/02/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I remember the Alamo!

You seem to have forgotten San Jacinto though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First we kicked the Mexkins asses and then we kicked the Injuns asses. It was sweet. Proud my ancestors were in on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The I-10 fence has a serious flaw when it comes to stopping people from Mexico. It is a long way inside the U.S. Once people get in they are becoming very hard to remove. Besides that, if they can get here and not commit any more infractions they don't have to answer any questions as has been amply proved. The illegals will soon learn the system and refuse giving information except their name. I don't think we want to give police the power that the constitution so clearly denies them. It's a problem. The solution is to stop them from getting in to start with, which is what President Trump understands.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Just when you think it couldn't get any stupider here... eek

They never disappoint, do they?

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey OP,
How would you react if the wall was built half a mile north of your home and you had to drive 45 miles east to the closest checkpoint to go North? How would you like all the illegals and drug mules staging in your back yard trying to cross into El Norte?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (1minute, 16penny, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 33 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,366
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.