Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Hubert
My daughter in law slid on icy roads yesterday and rolled her hummer on the side. she was only going 25 MPH. she called for help and the officer that came diden't do anything for her.but he wrote her a ticket for $100.00 for driving too fast for conditions which she was not doing. he was a real azzhole about it.

Just takes one experience like that to sour you on law enforcement.

Why? She lost control and rolled her vehicle. By definition she was driving too fast for the conditions.

Other than reporting the accident to the cops, why call 911? It isn't the cops job to call a tow truck, AAA or try to right her vehicle.

Hubert you are reacting to your DIL's version of the events. You don't know what she said or how she acted in her interactions with the cop.

All that being said, a LEO can be a human being and polite etc regardless of situations and how the civilian is acting.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jaguartx
This one is kinda hard to forget.

Yeah, that one was insane. Clear case of murder under color of law. I assume that cop is cooling his heels in a prison cell somewhere by now, no?

No. Acquitted and it turned civil.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't watch the video. Don't need to. One less is a win.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by g5m

Yeah, that one was insane. Clear case of murder under color of law. I assume that cop is cooling his heels in a prison cell somewhere by now, no?

HOLY [bleep]! You must be joking!! So cops get to just off goofballs while they're laying prostrate and begging for mercy??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m

HOLY [bleep]! You must be joking!! So cops get to just off goofballs while they're laying prostrate and begging for mercy??

If I recall correctly, he reached for his waist, (as if for a weapon). It was later determined he was likely trying to pull his pants up. I didn't bother watching it again, but I do recognize it from a year or two ago.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AB2506
My daughter in law slid on icy roads yesterday and rolled her hummer on the side. she was only going 25 MPH. she called for help and the officer that came diden't do anything for her.but he wrote her a ticket for $100.00 for driving too fast for conditions which she was not doing. he was a real azzhole about it.

Why? She lost control and rolled her vehicle. By definition she was driving too fast for the conditions.

Other than reporting the accident to the cops, why call 911? It isn't the cops job to call a tow truck, AAA or try to right her vehicle.

Hubert you are reacting to your DIL's version of the events. You don't know what she said or how she acted in her interactions with the cop.

All that being said, a LEO can be a human being and polite etc regardless of situations and how the civilian is acting.

I relize all that you all are saying. I f you knew my DIL you would know she woulden't lie.. the officer involved probably relized right away that she would not argue with him and took advantage of her.. the point I am trying to make is that he diden't have cause her more trouble than she already had. I have known people like him all my life that once they see that they can intimidate someone they take advantage of that, and go on the attack and some times they get their face rearranged.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...I f you knew my DIL you would know she woulden't lie...

Oh come on!!!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once you've been on the receiving end of one rogue cop (I have), you'll never trust any of them again.

Cops forget that respect and trust has to be earned.

"reaching for a weapon". "body cams weren't turned on". SMH. There will be a day where a civilian is going to use the defense that "in his mind, the cop was going to shoot him, regardless", and a jury is going to accept it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

So Herbert's DIL must have been acting like an ass is what you are saying?

"the .30-06 is never a mistake"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A man can’t believe what sheltered lives most members have led until you read the responses on a cop thread. Many are genuinely convinced that if you are mistreated by cops, you did something to deserve it.

And... everyone accepts the idea that a percentage of cops are bullies who have no business being a cop.

They are not as quick to believe that you can just be unlucky enough to catch a “ good cop “ on a bad day.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I relize all that you all are saying. I f you knew my DIL you would know she woulden't lie.. the officer involved probably relized right away that she would not argue with him and took advantage of her.. the point I am trying to make is that he diden't have cause her more trouble than she already had. I have known people like him all my life that once they see that they can intimidate someone they take advantage of that, and go on the attack and some times they get their face rearranged.

Is there ANY method, where a vehicle under complete operator control (other than as a stunt car driver in the movies) ends up flipped over in traffic, without being struck by another vehicle? The ticket she received was completely valid, and hopefully a wakeup call. She could have been killed. Another ticket she could have received would have been "failure to control". That one is written at nearly every accident I can think of. She screwed up, and his attitude has nothing to do with that fact.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory

Is there ANY method, where a vehicle under complete operator control (other than as a stunt car driver in the movies) ends up flipped over in traffic, without being struck by another vehicle? The ticket she received was completely valid, and hopefully a wakeup call. She could have been killed. Another ticket she could have received would have been "failure to control". That one is written at nearly every accident I can think of. She screwed up, and his attitude has nothing to do with that fact.

You should have been along a couple of winters ago between Ontario and Vale Oregon with us.
I got lucky and straightened us out but several were no longer on their wheels off the pavement on the trip over and several more coming back.
I came over a small rise on dry pavement into black ice and suddenly went about 30 degrees or thereabouts sideways just as a big truck was coming the other way. I think I had an adrenalin rush that lasted for about the next ten minutes.

Hope your not out giving folks that don't deserve it tickets with that 3-grade I know it all hall monitor mentality

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by kellory

You should have been along a couple of winters ago between Ontario and Vale Oregon with us.
I got lucky and straightened us out but several were no longer on their wheels off the pavement on the trip over and several more coming back.
I came over a small rise on dry pavement into black ice and suddenly went about 30 degrees or thereabouts sideways just as a big truck was coming the other way. I think I had an adrenalin rush that lasted for about the next ten minutes.

Hope your not out giving folks that don't deserve it tickets with that 3-grade I know it all hall monitor mentality

First of all, I'm not a cop. Second, I too have slid off the road on black ice in a company truck and required a tow truck. I COULD have received a "failure to control " ticket, because I was at the wheel, but the officer measured the tire tread and ticketed my BOSS instead, for insufficient tire tread. (Something I was not familiar with, is steering tires require TWICE the minimum tire tread of the rear tires.).
I could have been ticketed, but the cop said "your equipment let you down, not your driving".
Black ice is and was a known safety concern, so if I rolled the truck due to something I should have taken into account, that would have been on me. Not the cop for the ticket.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing at least someone got a ticket

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what IS the correct speed for driving in poor conditions? I guess if you don’t wreck, you were going the correct speed? If I can drive 60 on the same stretch of road as the gal with the Hummer and not flip, then I’m not going to get a ticket.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes, there IS not speed possible. A couple of years back, it was sleeting, and I was put-putting home, when I had to slow down on a curved on ramp to give room to a state trooper that was assisting a slide off. As I slowed down, the banking of the road was enough for me to slide off, sideways. I counter steered but there was no traction and I simply slid ass end down, wheels spinning, off the road. No damage, other than my ego.

Trooper stood there, watched it happen, and agreed there was nothing I did wrong. Just one of those things.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So you should of got a ticket because you did not have your vehicle under control.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The real question here is, how did kellory get to be such a dick ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The real question here is, how did kellory get to be such a dick ?

Natural talent. I heard you had to take a class. (Under achiever)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Good thing at least someone got a ticket

Yeah, actually it was. It forced the boss to put better tires on the truck I drive daily. (Something I had been asking for, for quite a while. )

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,416
Posts18,507,217
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.