Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Checked with Gun Owners of America about their policy on member personal information and received this reply-

Thank you for your note.

We keep all our members records in house. We don't sell any of our members information to any third parties.

We won't call you and we rarely send mailings. If you sign up for our email alerts, we send out an email about once a week.

If you have any more questions, please give us a call.

That is refreshing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I am a life member nra…..its time though to join the others......anybody have a list of who we should support?...….bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, of course we shouldn't support the NRA, because they're not absolutely perfect, so screw em...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Checked with Gun Owners of America about their policy on member personal information and received this reply-

Thank you for your note.

We keep all our members records in house. We don't sell any of our members information to any third parties.

We won't call you and we rarely send mailings. If you sign up for our email alerts, we send out an email about once a week.

If you have any more questions, please give us a call.

That is refreshing.
Yes, it is. Less wasted money, too, which can be spent instead on lawsuits.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by BobMt
I am a life member nra…..its time though to join the others......anybody have a list of who we should support?...….bob

Gun Owners of America, and The Second Amendment Foundation come to mind.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Join all of them.
I’m a patron NRA and sticking with whats worked historically.
I’ve had zero issues with mailings. I get one or two a month, sometimes I open them, sometimes I don’t.
Phone calls, I have no idea, as I haven’t answered the phone in years unless I know the caller and if they don’t leave a message, I never know who called.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Well, of course we shouldn't support the NRA, because they're not absolutely perfect, so screw em...

omc …...if that was directed at me......I should have said...I am a life member and I support the nra….who else ( including the nra) should I support.

if you own guns...you should belong to the nra……...bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by dale06
Join all of them.
I’m a patron NRA and sticking with whats worked historically.
I’ve had zero issues with mailings. I get one or two a month, sometimes I open them, sometimes I don’t.
Phone calls, I have no idea, as I haven’t answered the phone in years unless I know the caller and if they don’t leave a message, I never know who called.

my experience as well......bob

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

omc …...if that was directed at me......I should have said...I am a life member and I support the nra….who else ( including the nra) should I support.

No...the NRA should belong to you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What if you own a gun with a bump stock........should you belong to the NRA??

Cancer Sucks
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

is the nra passing a law against bump stocks?...……..bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART

terminology…….. usually you belong to an organization …...bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

It belongs to professional K Street lobbyists, not me---even though I've been a Life Member since 1998. I have a ballot right in front of me and I am not sure why I should even waste my time filling it out and mailing it. They will still run it just exactly as they've run it since the day they became "politically active," and they will still send me mailing after mailing to sell me all kinds of insurance. And no doubt they will still play the same kinds of games, keeping the issues alive so that they can continue to scream bloody murder and demand contributions every time some wannabe tyrant starts making ugly noises. They're every bit as crooked as the RNC and DNC themselves and I'm not buying.

GOA gets my active support. NRA can suck eggs.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

NRA is so far from perfect, both terms really should not be in the same sentence.

The NRA us the biggest. That's what they got going for them.

Yes, I'm a member.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NRA life member here. They are not perfect but it is what we have.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

One might start with their State organization?

Which reminds me, mine needs a re-up from me. I was thinking of waiting until turning 65 and getting the reduced rate on a life membership. But they can probably use the cash in this f'n State every day of the year.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

is the nra passing a law against bump stocks?...……..bob

While the NRA can't pass laws, the NRA leadership published the following letter which I believe encouraged the "rule change" that did, in fact, ban bump stocks.....which DO NOT, despite the NRA leadership's claim, "allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles"....

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Seems like they folded like a cheap suit once the heat got on about bump stocks and folded again when they got flack from the gun owners. Politicians. My money goes to the people that know what the phrase "shall not be infringed" means and supports the same 100% of the time. GOA. They are not the largest..........yet, but at least they support the 2nd 100% of the time.

Jim

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The NRA is the best we have, support them and any others you wish

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,114
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.